Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos
becke_davis
0 Kudos
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: Romances and Knitting: Favorite Recs?

Gah - how's I forget the Ridgways? This is why you're so nice to have around, Becke. :smileywink:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Gah - how's I forget the Ridgways? This is why you're so nice to have around, Becke. :smileywink:

LOL - I'm just an obsessive reader!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Melanie - There's a book by Claire Cross hidden among the Ridgways. It's a favorite of mine:

All or Nothing 

I picked it up during a visit to Chicago, not realizing it was part of a series of four books. I really liked all of them (I went back and read them all later) but this one is special.

Some people will do anything for true love — even if they have to fake it.

Jen Maitland had no use for handsome guys with easy charm — until she met Zach. He's the perfect fake date to end her mother's matchmaking scheme before it starts. Besides, he'd probably just use her and leave her like her ex-fiancé did. At least that's what Jen tells herself.

The only problem is that Zach isn't as predictable as he appears...

Zach Coxwell hates commitment, but loves a challenge. Like the pretty bar waitress who turned him down flat for a date — only to invite him to her family's Thanksgiving dinner. Zach knows he can make Jen smile — and he's betting that he can unravel her mysteries — even if he has to do it over candied yams.

A tofu turkey, a sister who threatens to have Zach's love-child, the untimely appearance of a knitted avocado — and Zach's discovery of her real motive — combine to turn Thanksgiving dinner into Jen's worst nightmare. Zach, on the other hand, has the time of his life. And when he makes Jen smile, he finally finds a commitment he's willing to make...but persuading Jen to believe him will take everything he's got.

And, wow, you learn something new every day. I didn't realize Claire Cross also writes as Claire Delacroix and Deborah Cooke! That means I've got to read all those books, too, because I LOVE the Claire Cross books! And, what do you know, I just happen to have a couple of Deborah Cooke books in my TBR pile!! 

She blogs here:

ALIVE & KNITTING

writing, knitting, and other tangled webs we weave

http://www.delacroix.net/wordpress/?page_id=110