Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
misslorraine
0 Kudos

Re: Romantic Comedy

Hey AnneB, thanks so much for that website recommendation. I know I'm going to use it a lot!
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Anne: I usually go to the author's website to get series order. Though B&N usually has the series title and number in parentheses when you search for books.
Contributor
misslorraine

Hey guys, I just finished reading How to Tame a Modern Rogue by Diana Holquist. I thought it was really good and there were quite a few parts that had me laughing out loud. Thanks so much for the suggestion, Becke. I'm going to try to get her other three books ASAP. I also just got Tell Me Lies and Crazy for You by Jennifer Crusie. I'm super excited to read those as well!

Reader 4
MissPenn

Hi, Everyone,

I'm also looking for some new authors in the romantic comedy-plus-mystery genre.

I just finished Stephanie Bond's Body Movers series, which I thought was greatFor anyone looking for humorous, fun, and sexy mysteries, I highly recommend these books. There are six books in the series now, with two more coming. The books should be read in order, as each succeeding book takes up right where the previous one leaves off, and with unresolved issues and subplots at the end of each book -- although I did read the second one first and had no problem getting into the story.

She's been compared to Janet Evanovich, but where Evanovich's characters, to my mind, border on the cartoonish, Bond's are well-realized, multidimensional, and easy to care about. Even her minor characters are interesting and engaging.

I love Jennifer Crusie and have read all her booksI'm definitely going to try some of the other authors recommended here. Any other recommendations, especially ones that involve mysteries, would be appreciated.

Thanks!

MissPenn

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Welcome, MissPenn! I predict that you will get more recommendations than you know what to do with!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Oh, I'm so glad you liked it, misslorraine! Let us know how you like the others, too!

I'm excited that they're going to reissue one of Jenny Crusie's early titles, The Cinderella Deal. It's more of a straight romance than her later novels, but it's still one of my favorites!

The Cinderella Deal  

(This is the original cover/book. The new one, I think, comes out in January.)

Here's the new cover:

The Cinderella Deal

Contributor
misslorraine
0 Kudos

Hey guys, I read Tell Me Lies and Crazy for You by Crusie. They were good but TML was more sad in my opinion. Poor Em! I like CFY a lot. It was really funny. I'm reading Knock Me Off My Feet by Susan Donovan and it is hilarious! If you haven't read it, read it! If you have, tell me what you think. I haven't finished so don't give away the ending! Lol.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I love Susan Donovan -- I've read everything she's written. You might try Agnes & the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie. That one is wild!

New User
Castlemom
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for the names of the authors.  I have read several of the Janet Evanovich and I laughed until my insides hurt.  I don't go for the Plum series just the independent stories.  I can't wait to try some of the others you suggested.  Thanks

Contributor
Jater
0 Kudos

For romantic comedies I would highly recommend Just the Sexiest Man Alive and Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James.  She is a newer author and both of her books are great reads.  :smileywink:

Just the Sexiest Man Alive 

Practice Makes Perfect 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Jater wrote:

For romantic comedies I would highly recommend Just the Sexiest Man Alive and Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James.  She is a newer author and both of her books are great reads.  :smileywink:

Just the Sexiest Man Alive 

Practice Makes Perfect 

I'll second this recommendation - I love Julie's books!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thought of a couple more - Vicki Lewis Thompson, Lani Diane Rich, Cathie Linz and Heidi Betts -- and there are a lot more:

Tangled up in Love

The Fortune Quilt

A Little Ray of Sunshine

Wish You Were Here

Good Girls Do

Big Girls Don't Cry

Smart Girls Think Twice

Nerd Who Loved Me

Over Hexed (Hex Series #1)

Loves Me, Loves Me Knot

Gone with the Nerd