Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts

This is the third book in the Bride Quartet, and I know you will all be anxious to discuss it. We've had nice chats about the previous two books, Vision in White (Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet Series #1) and Bed of Roses (Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet Series #2), so I'm curious to hear your various takes on number 3.

Savor the Moment (Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet Series #3) 

Florist Emma Grant is finding career success with her friends at their Vows wedding planning company, and her love life appears to be thriving. Though men swarm around her, she still hasn’t found Mr. Right. And the last place she’s looking is right under her nose.

But that’s right where Jack Cooke is. He’s so close to the women of Vows that he’s practically family. But the architect has begun to admit to himself that his feelings for Emma have developed into much more than friendship.

Don't worry about spoilers. Anyone venturing into this thread should understand that this is for folks who've read it! 

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts

I picked this one up too Melanie, I should have it read by Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait for the discussion

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Melanie - I finished Burning Lamp, I've just started Lover Mine, but Savor the Moment will be next - So many books, so little time !!!! Have a good weekend...

Anne

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

im looking forward to buying this, this evening...

sounds great:smileyhappy:

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i got this book yesterday and finished it- i really liked it.

and i think the last book, happy ever after, will be great.

but anyway...

i loved the ending and the little speech del made on the beach...

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Contributor
Momof4IN
0 Kudos

This is the story of Laurel, the baker of the group and Delaney (Del) Parker's older brother. I understood Laurel thinking and feeling that Del was out of her league but I think it was a little overdone. (Linda saying Del would never marry below his class to me seemed farfetched. Had this been a historical romance I might have accepted it, but for nowadays??? It just didn't ring true for me.) I loved the HJS in the gym, that was too funny and I did so love Del's declaration on the beach! All in all I really liked it the main draw for me is the friendship between all the girls, I love each one of them and were they real, we would be the best of friends! :smileyhappy: I think Bed of Roses is still my favorite of the series, but I can't wait for the next book to come out!

New User
readcropeat
0 Kudos

Savor The Moment

I am almost through reading Savor The Moment and I am liking it as well as the others but I have to agree with Momof4IN.  Who worries about class these days?  It also seem a little out of character for the the overall picture I got of Laurel.  Strong and fiesty.  But there has to be a conflict somewhere so I think this was the best Ms.Roberts could do.  Still love all her characters as they do see so real with their little flaws.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm about 50 pages into it and I like it so far. I also blogged about this topic at Garden Variety last week:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Garden-Variety-The-BN-Gardening/Wedding-Bell-Blooms/ba-p/5187...

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I really like this mini series, I didn't thin I would because I've come to expect a paranormal series from her all the time. But this is a nice change and yes some of the characters are over the top but it's still a great series. And even though it was a little over the top for people thinking that Laurel was marrying out of her class, we all know that it does still go on today. And as far as Linda's part in it. Well she's just the devil in prada literally ya know. ;-)

And my review of it is up

http://my.barnesandnoble.com/communityportal/review.aspx?reviewid=1373284

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2010/05/review-of-savor-moment.html

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

I'm about 50 pages into it and I like it so far. I also blogged about this topic at Garden Variety last week:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Garden-Variety-The-BN-Gardening/Wedding-Bell-Blooms/ba-p/5187...

150 pages into it and still really enjoying it. Except it's making me hungry!

1AnneB
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

I really like this mini series, I didn't thin I would because I've come to expect a paranormal series from her all the time. But this is a nice change and yes some of the characters are over the top but it's still a great series. And even though it was a little over the top for people thinking that Laurel was marrying out of her class, we all know that it does still go on today. And as far as Linda's part in it. Well she's just the devil in prada literally ya know. ;-)

And my review of it is up

http://my.barnesandnoble.com/communityportal/review.aspx?reviewid=1373284

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2010/05/review-of-savor-moment.html

Hi Everyone - I finished Savor the Moment last night - I really liked it - I think each book gets a little better. As for the comments about "marrying out of her class" unfortunately, there are a few people who still feel that way - I live about 20 miles from Greenwich and have all my life. There can be those feelings, especially in the older generations (Linda !). I'm not saying that is a good thing, I'm merely saying it is...it's also not really a geographical thing - insensitivity travels !! Anyway, I'm looking forward to Parker's book....

Anne

Contributor
donna128
0 Kudos

I am really enjoying this series and I am looking forward to book 4; however,  while this book was still very good, I have to say that I enjoyed the first two better.