Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
kmichels
0 Kudos

Series of Books set in Ireland???

I remember reading a series of romance books set in Ireland, which I could have sworn was Nora Roberts.  But after reading through her booklist, they're not there.  I remember one of them having a woman who was a mechanic in her father's garage.  They also had to do with brothers would owned a distillery or something like that.  Anyone have a clue which books I am thinking of?

Contributor
embeccamom
0 Kudos

Re: Series of Books set in Ireland???

That would be the Gallaghers of Ardmore series:.
Jewels of the Sun, Tears of the Moon, Heart of the Sea. One of my favorite series!
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Definetly the Ardmore trilogy! I love those books too!

Jewels of the Sun (Irish Jewels Trilogy Series #1)  

Tears of the Moon (Irish Jewels Trilogy Series #2)  

Heart of the Sea (Irish Jewels Trilogy Series #3)  

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Reader
kmichels
0 Kudos

Except that its not the Gallaghers.  There is woman who is a mechanic not a contractor.  A woman to who moves to town to take over her late Aunt's??? store and does something with marketing instead.  I'm vaguely remembering something about a sheep herder and an American woman author.  Am I ringing anyone's bells?  I thought it was Nora Roberts, but I know it can't be anymore.

Contributor
embeccamom
0 Kudos

Aha...Scotland, not Ireland! Brothers, check. Distillery, check. Sheepherder/American author, woman mechanic, marketing, check, check, check. I think I got it right this time!

Bad Boys In Kilts  by Donna Kauffman

"Glenbuie, an ancient Highland village in eastern Scotland, turns out to be lucky for modern love in Donna Kauffman's book of three linked novellas, each featuring one of the handsome, resolutely single Chisholm brothers. One by one, they go down like dominoes. First there's Brodie, the bartender, who at long last pays some attention to his best friend, Kat Henderson, the best mechanic in town, and discovers there's more under the overalls and grease smudges than he thought. Then distiller Reese Chisholm finds more on tap than a marketing proposal when he meets with Daisy MacDonnell, a young American come to live in Glenbuie. In the final story, sheepherder Tristan Chisholm saves a young American, Bree, from drowning, only to discover that she is a world-famous novelist running away from her own celebrity."