Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
quiltedturtle1
0 Kudos

Re: Sneak Peak! TRULY, MADLY: Post Your Review!

I thought this was a great light reading book. I enjoyed the characters and the mystery. It reminded me a little of the Grafton and Evanovich book series and I would recommend it to anyone that like these types of books. I plan on reading the other books in this series. I am really glad that I got it as a sneak peak because I probably would have passed it up because it was labeled as romance rather than mystery.

Thanks....

Cathy

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

liisa22 wrote:

thewanderingjew wrote:

Hi,

I haven't read this type of book for awhile. I used to read the Grafton ABC series. I forgot how enjoyable it is to read a lighter novel. Truthfully, I loved this little book. It was a magical read, both interesting and fun. I liked the intriguing implications of her gift. Furthermore, the book held my interest and left me feeling good when I turned the last page. What more could you want from a book?
twj

I couldn't agree more!!  

I agree even more : )..Vtc

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Correspondent
Bonnie_C
0 Kudos

I just posted my review on the product page. Here is the link.

http://my.barnesandnoble.com/reviews-ratings-Bonnie_C/id/1263500

This has been a lot of fun.

New User
erice84650
0 Kudos

I loved Truly Madly...

It was a quick read, especially since I live IN the area that ALL of it occured in... I could see Lucy at Great Esker or having dinner at the Hingham Bay Club...

I can not wait to see what other advetures Lucy will be taking on!! 

Reader 4
Kliksix
0 Kudos

I loved this book. Like a lot of others have said, this is not something that I would have picked out on my own but I'm so glad that I was a part of the first look. I can't wait for the follow up and I'm a little bummed that it seems like I have to wait even longer as this book hasn't even been officially published and released yet! 

I felt that the romance and the mystery complemented each other. The romance played off of the mystery in that the mystery is the reason for the romance. I suppose its possible that working in the same building, Lucy and Sean's paths were bound to cross but this was just so much more fun than letting nature take it's course.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

My Review is Posted on the BN Product Page. Waiting for next one "Deeply Desperately",to learn even more about the Valentine family,and so much more..Thanks Heather and BN...Can't wait for discussion...
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

http://my.barnesandnoble.com/communityportal/review.aspx?reviewid=1264363

I have posted my review on the product page.

I loved this book and will be looking for the next one in the series.

Thanks BN!

Contributor
Linds84
0 Kudos

Such a cute book! I absolutely loved Lucy and Sean. I'm not a huge romance book reader, but the mystery aspect and psychic storyline were great twists. The book provided a nice glimpse of each character involved in Lucy's life, and I'm definitely interested in learning more about each person. Can't wait to pick up the next book in the series and to see where things go for Lucy!

Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

I would categorize this book as a "pool book" (since I don't live near a beach).  It's the type of book you can read just for fun, without having to put a lot of deep thought into.  The characters were quirky and fun - I liked the mystery; the romance seemed to naturally fall into place.  Ms. Webber did a good job of setting Lucy and Sean up for future books in the series.  I have to admit I didn't see the end coming!

Thank you Heather and Barnes & Noble for the opportunity to be part of Sneak Peak!

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
New User
Mico
0 Kudos

I enjoyed the book - it was a quick and light read that was perfect this time of year.  I'm looking forward to the next one!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Mico wrote:

I enjoyed the book - it was a quick and light read that was perfect this time of year.  I'm looking forward to the next one!

Welcome to BN.com, Mico!

Frequent Contributor
mediamissy
0 Kudos

I have to say that I enjoyed reading Truly, Madly.  I think I was definitely a little skeptical going in as I am not normally a "romance" reader but I enjoyed this very much.  I was definitely more taken with the mystery side of the book but I think that was because the mystery was also so compelling (The missing boy captured my heart most).  It felt very "normal" to my, something I would follow on TV or in the news.

I do think that I would read another book in the series.  I was curious to see how things would develop between the two main characters.  I could almost see it as a TV series, I don't know if that is a good or bad thing for a novel.

Contributor
ImagineMe

I never really was a fan of Romance, unless it was Nicholas Sparks so I was VERY skeptical when I recieved a copy of this book. I was expected something light, fluffy and easily forgettable where the characters are focused to be together and their environment would become annoying after a while. However, I was once again proven wrong and the echoes of my mother telling me to "never judge a book by its cover" was ringing in my ears. This was delightful, interesting and funny. The story and characters were engaging and I just couldn't turn away. I kepy finding myself wrapped in their world and desperately wanting to know what was going to happen next. The chemistry between Sean and Lucy was apparent from the start and just wanted their relationship to never end. I will say I wasn't pleased about one thing, me having to wait so long for the sequel.

Frequent Contributor
sylvia387
0 Kudos

TRULY,MADLY is a quick, enjoyable read with evenly paced introductions to its' numerous characters.

Each chapter is concise and leads into the next with a bit of foreshadowing at close.

Relationships, romances, mysteries, and paranormal powers are all at play in this first book of the Lucy Valentine series.  Quirky characters play off each other throughout the story, making it a fun, balanced read.

Thank you for the opportunity to have a Sneak "Peek", not Peak from this author and B&N!

Sylvia

No expectations..No disappointments
Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
EiLvReedn
0 Kudos

I just posted my review on the BN website. This was such a good book and fun to read. Can't wait for the next in the series. Thanks for the great opportunity.

Contributor
The_Book_Queen
0 Kudos

I liked this book, light but a good read.

Here's my full review (it should be the top post on my blog right now, sorry too *lazy* to go find link directly to post):

Truly, Madly

Enjoy!

TBQ

Romance, YA and Fantasy, Oh My! Come visit my blog for reviews, book fun, and everything in between! http://tbqspersonalbookpalace.blogspot.com

Reader 4
Helena115
0 Kudos

I really enjoyed reading this book. The author had a great writing style – funny and to the point – that just added to the story for me. The characters were quirky and fun and I liked getting to know them. This definitely seemed to be more of an introductory story. We got to know the characters and the mystery really served as a vehicle for the reader to get to know the people in Lucy’s life. I thought the mystery itself was good – I was able to guess the outcome, but for a few pages at the end, the author had me second guessing myself. Personally, I prefer romances where there is a resolution at the end, and then the next book in a series continues with different characters. However, I can see myself coming back to see more of what happens to Lucy and Sean.

Correspondent
bookowlie
0 Kudos

I really enjoyed this book.  It was a "deep" beach read and much better than I expected.  Lucy was a great main character and I look forward to reading future books in this series.  The mystery was much better than I expected, since most romantic mysteries are pretty easy to figure out.  This mystery has a few twists and turns that I didn't expect.

I think this book could easily be turned into a weekly TV series with Lucy and Sean solving a mystery each week.

Inspired Contributor
drbjaded
0 Kudos

I really enjoyed this book.  When is the next book for January coming out?  Has anyone seen any postings?  I will put my review up soon!

--Julie =)

"You cannot love life until you live the life you love."