Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
RosemaryScarlett
0 Kudos

Suggestions of Regency Romances

Hello Everyone,

I'm a huge fan on Regency Romance. I love the settings, characters, the life-styles. I'm a true, hardcore romantic and I have read some very good Regency. But I need more. And I mean More. I can read a 450page book in 6hrs, 43mins, and 26 seconds. I know. Some say I read too fast but when I find a good book and especially one that captures the heart; making it speed up and then plummet head first, I keep reading.

Any suggestions on new Regency coming out? I keep up-to-date with the Romantic Reads but are there anyone's that are from the past I might be interested in?

Thanks, Lovelies :smileyhappy:

Sasha

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: Suggestions of Regency Romances

Hi! Welcome!

It's funny you asked this question now, because we've been a little Regency happy here this month. If you haven't read the books of Georgette Heyer, you definitely should. She basically invented the genre. We featured her

Cotillion  this month. You can read more about it here. And another of our May features is a regency, too. Here's more on that.

New User
junkgirl1984
0 Kudos

I have a bunch of suggestions, one of my favorite authors is Johanna Lyndesy she has the Mallory series which is really good. I also read the Harliquin Historicals which are quite good other good authors are Connie Mason and  Lynsay sands. It also depends if you just like regency or all historical i love reading about vikings, pirates, and medival warriors and cant forget highlanders so if you like a lot of that i could give you more books would also like to know what youve read. 

Contributor
RosemaryScarlett
0 Kudos

Hello! Thank you so very much for the welcome, Melanie. I much appreciate it.

I read any historical. It's another thing that I love about them....historicals are anything that was before the 20th century. :smileyhappy:

I Love Johanna Lyndesy. I have read many, many books by her. One inparticular called "A Pirate's Love." It was very good! I have read all of Amanda Quick. She got me started on Romances when I was 10. My very first was called "Mistress" by her. Wonderful story. I love her Alchemist Series. The first book "Second Sight," I all but fell head over heels for her hero in that one. I have read the De Warren Dynasty by Brenda Joyce. "The Masquerade," "The Prize" and "A Lady at Last" are my favorites out of that. I love all of Elizabeth Hoyt. Her Legends of the Four Soldiers was deliciously good. You must read them, if you get a chance. I recommend starting with "To Taste Temptation" then work your way through "To Seduce a Sinner," "To beguile a Beast" and "To Desire a Devil." Excellent series!

I have discovered an author named Alexandra Hawkins. Her book "All Night with a Rogue." OMG! That is all I have to say. I have read it so many times, I might have to buy another copy. :smileywink: Oh, I remembered another one. This is called "For the Earl's Pleasure," by Anne Mallory. It is one of my drop-dead favorites. Its got passion, love, danger, adventure and one hell of twist mixed with in.

There is one book that I have my eye on. Its "The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance." It comes out in July 2010 so I'm waiting for that to come out. If you like time travel romance, one book that I just read is called "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon. That is a MUST READ!

Have fun reading. Thank you very much for the suggestions. I look forward to another shopping trip this friday for my weekly book hunting.

Happy Reading, Lovelies

Sasha

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm reading a great one - very steamy!

My Reckless Surrender

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Pirate's Promise

I just got done reading this one, and Man oh man was it hot! Set in New Orleans in the late 1800's. Read it in one day and it's over 500 pages. It may be and oldy, but it was really good! 

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Contributor
RosemaryScarlett
0 Kudos

oooo...I jsut added two more to the list. :smileyhappy: Tomorrow morning, I should be coming home with at least 10 books. haha

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

RosemaryScarlett wrote:

oooo...I jsut added two more to the list. :smileyhappy: Tomorrow morning, I should be coming home with at least 10 books. haha

Yeah, asking for recs here can be kind of a problem. You always end up with twenty or so books you want to read!

Contributor
RosemaryScarlett
0 Kudos

Very true but the money I spend on books, is worth every penny; especially since I can count on these recommendations :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Shaina_2012
0 Kudos

Correspondent
lesnes
0 Kudos

I really enjoyed Gaelen Foley's books.

My Wicked Marquess 

My Dangerous Duke  

One Night of Sin  

His Wicked Kiss  

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

I enjoyed reading the Matrix of Destiny Series by Dara Joy. The series is paranormal romance and the first book Rejar takes place in London 1811. :smileyhappy:

Rejar

Mine to Take

Knight of a Trillion Stars