Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Summer Book Club Preview

What a fun way to choose the book club reads for July and August! You guys nominated selections and then we took a vote, and without further ado I'm thrilled to announce the winners!

In July, we'll be featuring C. L. Wilson's Tairen Soul series. This series was our top vote-getter, and I'm really excited to be reading it! It's a romantic fantasy epic that spans three books with a fourth and final volume to be published sometime soon. Here are the books, with descriptions taken from C. L.'s website:

Lord of the Fading Lands

Long ago, in the magical holocaust known as the Mage Wars, the immortal Fey and their allies fought to defeat the grasping evil of the Elden Mages and their dark-gifted supporters. During those wars, in a fit of grief-induced madness caused by the death of his mate, Fey shapeshifter Rain Tairen Soul nearly destroyed the world in a blaze of tairen fire.

Now, a thousand years later, the fierce Fey king must fight to save his race from the brink of extinction and once again stop the evil rising in the homeland of his enemies, the Eld. The key to his success lies in the mortal city of Celieria, where the Mage Wars began, and with a young woman whose soul sings to him in ways no woman’s ever has, whose presence reawakens the primal fury of the tairen within his soul, and whose vast, untapped power can either save or destroy him and his people.

Lady of Light and Shadows 

Since her earliest memories, Ellysetta Baristani has feared magic, even as she has been inexorably drawn to all things Fey, especially the poetry and legends of Rain Tairen Soul. Now claimed as Rain’s truemate and no longer able to deny her own magic, Ellysetta is swept into the very center of a struggle filled with the magic and darkness she has always feared. The High Mage of Eld wants to capture her. The most murderous dahl’reisen who ever lived wants her dead. And her enemies will corrupt even the people she loves most in their quest to claim her magic for themselves.

King of Sword and Sky 

Returning to the Fading Lands with his Celierian truemate, Rain discovers a dissension among the most powerful members of his own council. As the Eld plot their next deadly strike, Ellysetta struggles to master her powerful magic and discover how to save the tairen, while Rain confronts open challenge to his rule and prepares to lead the Fey army to war.

These books are long! They're the perfect reads for lazy days at the beach!

August's picks are of a different sort. I was pleasantly surprised and actually quite thrilled that the next best-vote getter was a, wait for it, historical!  We'll leave the lands of the Fey and magical creatures for Victorian England in Lisa Kleypas's Hathaway novels.

Mine Till Midnight (Hathaway Series #1) 

When an unexpected inheritance elevates her family to the ranks of the aristocracy, Amelia Hathaway discovers that tending to her younger sisters and wayward brother was easy compared to navigating the intricacies of the ton. Even more challenging: the attraction she feels for the tall, dark, and dangerously handsome Cam Rohan.

Wealthy beyond most men's dreams, Cam has tired of society's petty restrictions and longs to return to his "uncivilized" Gypsy roots. When the delectable Amelia appeals to him for help, he intends to offer only friendship—but intentions are no match for the desire that blindsides them both. But can a man who spurns tradition be tempted into that most time-honored arrangement: marriage? Life in London society is about to get a whole lot hotter...

Seduce Me at Sunrise (Hathaway Series #2)  

Kev Merripen has longed for the beautiful, well-bred Winnifred Hathaway ever since her family rescued him from the brink of death when he was just a boy. But this handsome Gypsy is a man of mysterious origins—and he fears that the darkness of his past could crush delicate, luminous Win. So Kev refuses to submit to temptation...and before long Win is torn from him by a devastating twist of fate.

Then, Win returns to England...only to find that Kev has hardened into a man who will deny love at all costs. Meantime, an attractive, seductive suitor has set his sights on Win. It's now or never for Kev to make his move. But first, he must confront a dangerous secret about his destiny—or risk losing the only woman he has lived for...

I am so looking forward to reading all of these books along with you!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Summer Book Club Preview

Great choices!! What fun!
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Yes Melanie I agree with Becke great choices one is an old friend CL Wilson and Lisa I haven't had the pleasure of reading yet. Can't wait.
Frequent Contributor
stardrifting
0 Kudos

Thanks for doing this, Melanie, I LOVE C. L. Wilson and I have not read Lisa Kleypas's new ones yet.

Stacy

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I'm glad you're excited! I'm really excited for both series!
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Good morning Melanie, I just talked to Cheryl Wilson she may be coming to talk to you, I am a club member of her fan club on Yahoo and told the group about this morning to join us and she's excited about it, so hey maybe she can talk to us too.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Debbie! I'll put you on commission. :smileyhappy: