Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: Summer Reading Plans?

This board is the worst for those of us trying to catch up on our reading!

I'm excited by my and Deb's reading challenge. Anybody else want to join in? Deb and I can come up with great assignments, I promise!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

This board is the worst for those of us trying to catch up on our reading!

I'm excited by my and Deb's reading challenge. Anybody else want to join in? Deb and I can come up with great assignments, I promise!

Great idea Melanie, we'll call the course Romanceology 

Correspondent
JalMor77
0 Kudos

Melanie and Deb - you both have excellent assignments!  I LOVE Lisa Kleypas's contemporaries (I cannot get into historicals, so haven't read any of her other books).  I want to reread that series, but, it's difficult when there are so many other books to read.

And Just Breathe!  LOVED IT!  I've actually reread it, um, 4 times. lol  It's always my no fail book, if I just want a good book to read to kill some time, that's the one I pick up.

We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh. - Agnes Repplier
0 Kudos

JalMor77 wrote:

Melanie and Deb - you both have excellent assignments!  I LOVE Lisa Kleypas's contemporaries (I cannot get into historicals, so haven't read any of her other books).  I want to reread that series, but, it's difficult when there are so many other books to read.

And Just Breathe!  LOVED IT!  I've actually reread it, um, 4 times. lol  It's always my no fail book, if I just want a good book to read to kill some time, that's the one I pick up.

JalMor, we must have been separated at birth, that's exactly how I feel. So see yet another reason to try Kleypas

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

a lot of times there seems to be a book i would rather read, and the one i was reading gets put on the backburner...i have around 30 such books, i believe..

and i think lisa kleypas is great( historicals and contemporary)

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
Loves2ReadKR
0 Kudos

Oh my goodness! My TBR pile is huge. I have books that I bought years ago and still haven't got to read. The thing is that more and more wonderful books get released constantly that distract me. I have a lot of classics I want to read, some other fiction books I gave found, and SO MANY romance books.

I love to read, and I am hoping that it will all fall into place. :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

What's sad is, I've been going through all of my books and organizing them on my bookshelves, and I keep pulling books off that I want to re-read. It's bad enough that I have a whole stack at home that I'm working on and a lot on my wish lists that I keep buying. Now I'm adding books that I've already read to my pile.:smileyvery-happy:

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

kmgevans wrote:

What's sad is, I've been going through all of my books and organizing them on my bookshelves, and I keep pulling books off that I want to re-read. It's bad enough that I have a whole stack at home that I'm working on and a lot on my wish lists that I keep buying. Now I'm adding books that I've already read to my pile.:smileyvery-happy:

I have the same problem. Everytime to go to pull a book off of my shelves that I haven't read I look at all the ones I have read and then I will always want to reread books. usually I will start to reread just my favorite parts but then I get caught up and reread the entire book.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Blogger
Marisa-ONeill
0 Kudos

Lexa555 wrote:

kmgevans wrote:

I have the same problem. Everytime to go to pull a book off of my shelves that I haven't read I look at all the ones I have read and then I will always want to reread books. usually I will start to reread just my favorite parts but then I get caught up and reread the entire book.

I thought this was just ME! I'm so glad to know I'm not alone. The other day I was shelving some books and I stopped and picked up an old favorite to RE-READ when I have at least 30 new books to get to.  

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

same here. i have around 20 books checked out- but i still really want to read books that ive already read- and own

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Contributor
mvwolpert
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. I have a good 800+ books. I have read maybe half of the ones I have. I just keep adding books to my bookshelves and my wishlist/spreadsheet. I don't think I will ever get them all read/bought. I have them in order by auther and just moved so I'm sure I will go through them again and want to re-read some of my favorites. I also get to reading a book and not know it is a series so I have to go out and buy the others too. And now that I'm watching this blog I added probably a good 50-100 books to my wishlist.

Thanks guys. hehe

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i have a list with over a hundred books....

i think ill read the jd robb series over the summer..ive never read a book in that series

and i want to read the essex sisters series by eloisa james...

i have a lot of single titles...

1AnneB
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina wrote:

i have a list with over a hundred books....

i think ill read the jd robb series over the summer..ive never read a book in that series

and i want to read the essex sisters series by eloisa james...

i have a lot of single titles...

Cheyenne - I think you'll like the JD Robb series - next to Outlander, they're my favs! Since I'm the "series" gal, I hope you start with #1 (Naked in Death) it really introduces you well to the concept and characters. I almost envy you the journey - lets us know how you like them.

Anne

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

So I know that Debbie is going to try out Lisa Kleypas's historical romance books but I have never read a contemporary by her and so today I went out and bought

Sugar Daddy

Blue-Eyed Devil

Smooth Talking Stranger 

Both Blue-Eyed Devil and Smooth Talking Stranger were hardcovers that were on sale so the series wasn't that expensive. I hope to read this series this summer! 

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i meant that i have a lot of series that i want to read...

and yes, im planning on reading the in death series in order.

ive heard a lot of people talk about them, and they sound good- idk why i havent read them yet, except they are set in the future

could u guys tell me if the setting is a lot different, since it is set in the future>

i love lisa kleypas's contemporary series

1AnneB
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina wrote:

i meant that i have a lot of series that i want to read...

and yes, im planning on reading the in death series in order.

ive heard a lot of people talk about them, and they sound good- idk why i havent read them yet, except they are set in the future

could u guys tell me if the setting is a lot different, since it is set in the future>

i love lisa kleypas's contemporary series

Hi Cheyenne - As it stands now, it's not too far in the future - 2059, when it starts. The books are set in New York City. The major landmarks and areas are still the same - it's not like you are in outer space. It really is quite interesting. Hope this helps...

Anne

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Okay It's official we are reading for July at the Fiction club

Just Breathe 

it's available right here at B&N in paperback, cd or digital so all my reading fanatic friends will have the version they love the best it won't cost you a lot of doe ray me.

Those of you who have already read it, re-read it with us and those of you who haven't jump in the water (Melanie)

here's a link to the club, sign up

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Fiction-General-Discussion/bd-p/FictGeneral