Re: THE BRIDGERTONS by Julia Quinn

im done with the bridgertons!

it was a really good series!

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Contributor
Jenna_Maclaine
0 Kudos

I love her books! I was lucky enough to happen to pick up The Duke and I when it first came out and have followed the whole series. They usually release her books in July and since my birthday is in July everyone knows that someone needs to pick up the latest Julia Quinn for my b-day! If you haven't, make sure you go back and read all her dedications-- they're hilarious!!

Jenna Maclaine
author of the Cin Craven series
Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

Jenna_Maclaine wrote:

I love her books! I was lucky enough to happen to pick up The Duke and I when it first came out and have followed the whole series. They usually release her books in July and since my birthday is in July everyone knows that someone needs to pick up the latest Julia Quinn for my b-day! If you haven't, make sure you go back and read all her dedications-- they're hilarious!!

Congrats, Cheyenne! What's next for you?

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

Jenna_Maclaine wrote:

They usually release her books in July and since my birthday is in July everyone knows that someone needs to pick up the latest Julia Quinn for my b-day!

What a great idea! -- Michelle (H2H)

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

im reading to scotland with love by karen hawkins

i read sleepless in scotland...and it was good so...

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

ooo, i wanna read that one. I liked sleepless n scotland, too!

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

it was pretty good, and now im reading the bridegroom by linda lael miller...

ever read anything by her?

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

ok so the karen hawklins books i read were awesome...loves gregors story...

ok so im finally getting to Mr cavendish, i presume...so far its great...

and i like the wwasy she has the same scenes that were in the lost duke, but from thomas or amelai's point of view...

plus i love her humor- sometimes i just end up sputtering...if i burst out laughing, the people around me are just like ok then....

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina wrote:

ok so the karen hawklins books i read were awesome...loves gregors story...

ok so im finally getting to Mr cavendish, i presume...so far its great...

and i like the wwasy she has the same scenes that were in the lost duke, but from thomas or amelai's point of view...

plus i love her humor- sometimes i just end up sputtering...if i burst out laughing, the people around me are just like ok then....

I think Julia Quinn wrote both books,

Mr. Cavendish, I Presume  and

Lost Duke of Wyndham, at the same time, since she was going to tell the same story from two different points of view. 

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

more power too her, i think that must have been very difficult

but im not an experienced writer...

they are pretty good..

i liked the "dark" books to

tho when he was wicked beats to sir phillip with love, atleast for me

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I think I've talked here before about how taken aback I was with

To Sir Phillip, with Love (Bridgerton Series #5). Taken aback is maybe too strong a phrase, because I really loved that book, but I was so surprised by the darkness of the subject matter when I first read it.

You know? Now you've got me thinking that I'd like to take a month and read all the Bridgertons again...

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i really like that book, to sir phillip with love

it wasnt as light hearted as the other bridgertons, but i thouhg that it was wonderfully written...

i like the malaria issue in when he was wicked, it was on the more unusual side...

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I think it's telling that To Sir Phillip is the one that I remember best.

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

idk, i remember them all the same...

my fav is either late to the wedding, the last one, or romancing mr bridgerton

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i finished mr cavendish, and im sorry to say, but i like the lost duke more...jack was just , more cavelier i suppose?

Frequent Contributor
Loves2ReadKR

Cheyenne_Catina wrote:

has anyone read this series?

ive read them totally out of order, i started with on the way to the wedding, and i just finished an offer from a gentleman, and i have the others on hold

I LOVE this series!!! I don't know how many of you do this, but I often find myself going through times where I read only one author. I was stuck on Susan Elizabeth Phillips and her books (She was the first romance author I ever read). I was looking for authors other than her because great books can never be released too fast! I found Teresa Medeiros, Kresley Cole, Kat Martin, and Deirdre Martin along the way too.

The Bridgerton series is magical. I read the books completely out of order too (Colin's first, then Anthony's, then Eloise's, and so on...). I thought I had a favorite, and then I would read the next one! I am partial to the brother's stories, although I do love Francesca's as well. But, who am I kidding, I love them all. It is hard for Julia Quinn to top the series, at least in my eyes. I loved her other books (though I have not read many of her earlier books) that came after the Bridgerton's. They occupy a special place in my heart and on my bookshelf.

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i have to say i enjoyed the brothers stories the most too, my favorite lady book was its in his kiss.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Loves2ReadKR wrote:
I LOVE this series!!! I don't know how many of you do this, but I often find myself going through times where I read only one author. I was stuck on Susan Elizabeth Phillips and her books (She was the first romance author I ever read). I was looking for authors other than her because great books can never be released too fast! I found Teresa Medeiros, Kresley Cole, Kat Martin, and Deirdre Martin along the way too.

The Bridgerton series is magical. I read the books completely out of order too (Colin's first, then Anthony's, then Eloise's, and so on...). I thought I had a favorite, and then I would read the next one! I am partial to the brother's stories, although I do love Francesca's as well. But, who am I kidding, I love them all. It is hard for Julia Quinn to top the series, at least in my eyes. I loved her other books (though I have not read many of her earlier books) that came after the Bridgerton's. They occupy a special place in my heart and on my bookshelf.

Great post, Loves2ReadKR. Now I really do think I have to plan a Bridgerton marathon...

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

love2read-

have you read the secret diaries of miss miranda cheever...or the lost dukof wyndham?

Frequent Contributor
Loves2ReadKR
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina wrote:

love2read-

have you read the secret diaries of miss miranda cheever...or the lost dukof wyndham?

It took me forever to respond (so sorry). I'm not sure if you will even read this, but yes I have. They are very good, too. I was partial to The Lost Duke of Wyndham as opposed to Mr. Cavendish, I Presume. I really enjoyed the Secret Diaries of Miranda Cheever, but I have not gotten around to reading What Happens in London, the "follow up" to it.