Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Re: THE BRIDGERTONS by Julia Quinn

wait-theres a follow up to the secret diaries of miss miranda cheever!omg

ill have to read that now...

i agree,i liked the lost duke more- i think it was all the humor...

and its fine

i loved the ending of secret diary of miss miranda cheever btw...just saying :smileyhappy:

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
Loves2ReadKR
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina wrote:

and its fine

i loved the ending of secret diary of miss miranda cheever btw...just saying :smileyhappy:

Yes-the book is What Happens in London. It's about a minor character in the Secret Diaries of Miranda Cheever. I haven't read it myself, yet, but I'm sure it will be fabulous.

I agree-I do think there was more humor in the Lost Duke. I also liked the hero more. I think the fact that Mr. Cavendish, I Presume was taken from the perspective of the man who was maybe losing his title. It was just a bit harder to get into, especially since Jack's book (was that his name? It's been awhile since I've read it) came out first. He was really likable.

Cheyenne_Catina wrote:

and its fine

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

that might have been it idk, i really like julia quinn's books, there a great mix of humor and seriousness

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

so this has movied on to pretty much all of her books. henceforth...

ive been reading her older books- and they are so funny.

what happens in london was also a great book, and i think 10 things i love about you is going to be very good indeed.

brighter than the sun was an extremely good book. i loved the dialogue...

Contributor
Momof4IN
0 Kudos

I have recently discovered Julia Quinn thanks to those on here who had sent me in her direction and I LOVE HER!!!!! I have read  The Duke and I, How to marry a marquis (My favorite so far), Minx, and Brighter than the sun. I will be picking up the viscount who loved me today. (I am trying to go in order.) I am so happy to have found her, she is one of my new favorites!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

ah, how wonderful to have all these Julia Quinns as new reads for you, Momof4. She is one of the best!

Her new book is coming out at the end of May:

Ten Things I Love about You 

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i think i am really going to enjoy this...in what happens in london i really like sebastien...so im happy that he gets his own book

great plot, i think, by the description at least :smileyhappy:

Blogger
Marisa-ONeill
0 Kudos

Chyenne_Catina - Great post. The Bridgertons is one of my favorite series and introduced me to Julia Quinn- and I haven't looked back. She's definitely an auto-buy author for me. I've got The Things I Love About You pre-ordered and can't wait to read it. Seems like there's been a long while between Julia Quinn books. 

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

well, i just got inrto her books last summer- but it does seem like there is a lot of time between what happens in london and ten things about you

Frequent Contributor
Mommy-Read-Write
0 Kudos

Melanie gave a link to this thread in the 'What BOOK ---' thread and I have to say thanks!

I am a new fan of Julia Quinn and can already say that I LOVE her.  I read What Happens in London late last year and quite enjoyed.  Then, a couple of weeks ago, I picked up and devoured The Viscount Who Loved Me - not realizing that it was the second in a series.  Once I realized there were seven more books about the Bridgerton siblings - I KNEW I wanted to read them!

Now I've read the first four books in the series and can not wait to read the next four.  Which I intend to do after I finish Nora Roberts' latest.

Thanks for reading my babble about my love for the fictional Bridgerton's.  :smileyhappy:

Sheery

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."
~ Emilie Buchwald ~
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Mommy-Read-Write wrote:

Melanie gave a link to this thread in the 'What BOOK ---' thread and I have to say thanks!

I am a new fan of Julia Quinn and can already say that I LOVE her.  I read What Happens in London late last year and quite enjoyed.  Then, a couple of weeks ago, I picked up and devoured The Viscount Who Loved Me - not realizing that it was the second in a series.  Once I realized there were seven more books about the Bridgerton siblings - I KNEW I wanted to read them!

Now I've read the first four books in the series and can not wait to read the next four.  Which I intend to do after I finish Nora Roberts' latest.

Thanks for reading my babble about my love for the fictional Bridgerton's.  :smileyhappy:

Hi Sheery - I'm glad you found your way here - The Bridgertons are favorites of mine, as you know. When you finish the series, there are some other series that are also great. Just ask any of us here - we each have our favs. Hope you enjoy The Search. Happy Reading & Welcome...

Anne