Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina

THE BRIDGERTONS by Julia Quinn

has anyone read this series?

ive read them totally out of order, i started with on the way to the wedding, and i just finished an offer from a gentleman, and i have the others on hold

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
njoireading

Re: THE BRIDGERTONS by Julia Quinn

I have read them all and my absolute favorite, which is the only one I kept, is "When He Was Wicked".  All of the books are really good and I think, much better than her latest books.  Another thing you can do is go to the author's website and read the "extra chapter".  I really enjoyed the continuation of Michael and Frannie's book.  I don't know, it was just something heartbreakring about Michael's love and the loss they both shared, that made this book special to me. 

I don't think it is necessary to read them in order, but the stories do tend to overlap in places and characters overlap in critical places.

Enjoy!

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i read he the lost duke of wyndham and i thought some parts were absolutely hilarious...if you read it, the part about breakfast, i just had to laugh
Contributor
Yu_For_Romance
0 Kudos

Julia Quinn was the author who renewed my interest in romance novels. :smileyhappy:

Have you tried Minx or Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever ?

Those are unrelated to the Bridgerton series (and to each other for that matter), but I absolutely loved both of them.

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i read the secret diaries of miranda cheever a couple weeks ago...i loved it..it was sooo good i thought...i havent read mink, but i want to...
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Oh, I read that one, too -- one of the first historicals I ever read. Really good!
Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina wrote:

ive read them totally out of order, i started with on the way to the wedding, and i just finished an offer from a gentleman, and i have the others on hold

Hi, Cheyenne! Great thread! :smileyhappy: I'm w/ njoireading; I adore "When He Was Wicked," and it's one of my fave books.  Michael so adores Francesca, long before he can have her.  And I think it's one of Quinn's most passionate romances.  I also liked "On the Way to the Wedding," and, oh, what's the title of the one where the sister runs off to help out the nobleman who's kind of broody? Help, please?  

I think they definitely can be read out of order, cause some of the action happens while other books are "taking place," right?   -- Michelle (H2H)

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Michelle_Buonfiglio wrote:

Cheyenne_Catina wrote:

Hi, Cheyenne! Great thread! :smileyhappy: I'm w/ njoireading; I adore "When He Was Wicked," and it's one of my fave books.  Michael so adores Francesca, long before he can have her.  And I think it's one of Quinn's most passionate romances.  I also liked "On the Way to the Wedding," and, oh, what's the title of the one where the sister runs off to help out the nobleman who's kind of broody? Help, please?  

I think they definitely can be read out of order, cause some of the action happens while other books are "taking place," right?   -- Michelle (H2H)

Are you thinking of this one?

To Sir Phillip, with Love (Bridgerton Series #5) It's one of the more dark Quinns. Phillip has the two children and wife committed suicide (do I have that right?) But this is one of my favorites of hers, because the tone of it shocked me so when I read it.

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

im on like pg 5 on to sir phillip with love...and i still have to read when he was wicked and the duke and i(im on page 100)...
Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote: 

Are you thinking of this one?

To Sir Phillip, with Love (Bridgerton Series #5) It's one of the more dark Quinns. Phillip has the two children and wife committed suicide (do I have that right?) But this is one of my favorites of hers, because the tone of it shocked me so when I read it.

Yes! That's the one, and I felt the same way!  I LOVE when that happens in romances, when there's a big twist I didn't seem coming. 

Cheyenne_Catina, I'll make sure not to say anything else about Sir Phillip, cept there's this great scene where... :smileyhappy:

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina, I'll make sure not to say anything else about Sir Phillip, cept there's this great scene where... :smileyhappy:
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

thanks...lol
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

well, i finished to sir phillip with love last night...it was really good

now im goin to move on to when he was wicked...which sounds really good

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

Ok, cheyenne! Now I can  say it: what about the scene where all the brothers show up! Poor Sir Phillip!
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

well when the was all that yelling and such...i couldnt figure out what had happened...but then when eloise explained..i busted up laughing..it was pretty great, not gonna lie...especially after anthony and eloise come back and find the brothers and phillip a little tipsy...

is when he was wicked as good as to sir phillip with love?

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina wrote:

well when the was all that yelling and such...i couldnt figure out what had happened...but then when eloise explained..i busted up laughing..it was pretty great, not gonna lie...especially after anthony and eloise come back and find the brothers and phillip a little tipsy...

is when he was wicked as good as to sir phillip with love?

Your description is perfect, because it was like that classic point when a boyfriend or husband joins the 'other team' made up of your brothers, who've made your life miserable up to that point.  Least that's the way it was for me growing up w/ 3 older bros.

When He Was Wicked is my fave Quinn, and it's a little more intense than other Quinns. But most people would say that Sir Phillip and Wicked are the "darkest' of the Quinns, so I think you'll like it, too. I think Wicked's the sexiest of the Quinns. And the hero Michael's so passionate about the heroine.  There's also very cool letters written back and forth at the beginning of each chapter.  The families of the heroes and heroines, 'specially the Bridgertons, of course, add so much, dn't they?

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

yeah its great...i think it adds a certain more depth?...with the dynamics of the family, so yeah..

i finished the duke and I...it was such a good book

now i only have to read when he was wicked and im done with the bridgertons

becke_davis
0 Kudos

You convinced me - next time I'm at the bookstore, I'm looking for both of those.
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
i only have about 50 pages to go in when he was wicked!
Message Edited by Cheyenne_Catina on 08-27-2009 09:45 PM
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina, I have read a lot if not all of this series. I love them. I have the new Julia Quinn to read. It is What Happens In London. I love al her books.

ReadingPatti