Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Tails of Love by Lori Foster and Stella Cameron

Hi all,

Lori Foster, Stella Cameron, and several other of your favorite authors are counting down the days until the release of their anthology

Tails of Love with an amazing contest. Check out the details at Michelle's blog, Romance B(u)y the Book.

All the proceeds for this book are going to be donated to the Animal Adoption Foundation. So head over to Michelle's and see how you can help support this incredibly worthy cause!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Tails of Love by Lori Foster and Stella Cameron

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Hi all,

Lori Foster, Stella Cameron, and several other of your favorite authors are counting down the days until the release of their anthology

Tails of Love with an amazing contest. Check out the details at Michelle's blog, Romance B(u)y the Book.

All the proceeds for this book are going to be donated to the Animal Adoption Foundation. So head over to Michelle's and see how you can help support this incredibly worthy cause!

I'm planning to pick up my copy at the Lori Foster event in a few weeks.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Hi all,

I'm planning to pick up my copy at the Lori Foster event in a few weeks.

Well I'm going to pick up my copy the way we mortals do Becke by walking into B&N and sliding the debit card across the counter. But I did enter the contest with my grand-dog Roxie. What a great cause and check out the cute pictures on Michelle's blog of all the contestants my Roxie is there all dressed up in her frog costume for Halloween. 
http://romancebytheblog.blogspot.com/2005/05/tails-of-love-pet-photo-gallery.html

becke_davis
0 Kudos

So I'm immortal, am I?  I guess that makes me the Goddess of Barnesandnoblia:  works for me!  **snork**

Debbie, that picture is darling!  What breed is Roxie?  Scottie?  Cairn Terrier?  Hard to tell with the frog costume!

My daughter is babysitting for her boyfriend's dog, a little terrier (don't remember what kind).  She had been debating getting a cat but I think Sparky has won her over!  

Wish you could come to the Lori Foster event -- anyone else here planning to attend? 

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

becke_davis wrote:

So I'm immortal, am I?  I guess that makes me the Goddess of Barnesandnoblia:  works for me!  **snork**

Debbie, that picture is darling!  What breed is Roxie?  Scottie?  Cairn Terrier?  Hard to tell with the frog costume!

My daughter is babysitting for her boyfriend's dog, a little terrier (don't remember what kind).  She had been debating getting a cat but I think Sparky has won her over!  

Wish you could come to the Lori Foster event -- anyone else here planning to attend? 

Well first question - Roxie is a Maltipoo and she has a brother Brisbie who is a Maltipoo also but he's white. Plus they have 4 cats living in the house and she must feed every stray for miles around and if they're not adoptable they get them spayed and neutered. Roxie is a therapy dog who visits the sick and elderly and puts in regular visits to my library branch for children reading hour. She's a wonderful pet and goes with my daughter and her boyfriend everywhere and since she's a therapy dog she even gets to travel on the plane in the seat w/my daughter when she travels. They weren't so lucky in the smarts department with Bris but he's a sweet boy and his grandma loves him.
I wish I could be at the event too, but alas not to be maybe one of these days. 

Message Edited by dhaupt on 05-14-2009 12:15 PM
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Author
LLFoster

Hi everyone!

I'm glad to hear that some of you will be at the event this year. Dianne Castell and I just spent an hour on the phone ironing out some of those last minute things that crop up. All in all, I think we have things in order.

I can't wait to hear the response on TAILS OF LOVE! The few reviews we've seen so far have been fantastic, so I'm pumped up!

THe AAF - Animal Adoption Foundation - AAFpets.com is such a wonderful animal shelter. I love how terrific they are to the animals, and how they go above and beyond in caring for them and finding them good homes. I soooo hope this books earns a lot more money for them.

My story is related to my SBC series, so for anyone who likes the buff guys... this should work for you.

All of the authors involved have been so generous with their time and effort. I feel honored to know them.

Hugs to all!

Lori

www.lorifoster.com

becke_davis
0 Kudos

LLFoster wrote:

Hi everyone!

I'm glad to hear that some of you will be at the event this year. Dianne Castell and I just spent an hour on the phone ironing out some of those last minute things that crop up. All in all, I think we have things in order.

I can't wait to hear the response on TAILS OF LOVE! The few reviews we've seen so far have been fantastic, so I'm pumped up!

THe AAF - Animal Adoption Foundation - AAFpets.com is such a wonderful animal shelter. I love how terrific they are to the animals, and how they go above and beyond in caring for them and finding them good homes. I soooo hope this books earns a lot more money for them.

My story is related to my SBC series, so for anyone who likes the buff guys... this should work for you.

All of the authors involved have been so generous with their time and effort. I feel honored to know them.

Hugs to all!

Lori

www.lorifoster.com

I'm looking forward to going (you will see another thread on the event here), and I'll be picking up a couple of copies for myself and my dog-loving friends.  Linda Keller and her team from the West Chester Barnes and Noble will be selling books there again, won't they?  I'm bringing a large bag to carry some home!

Author
DianneCastell

Hi, Everyone

The June Reader/Writer Get-together is right around the corner and I cannot wait to see everyone again and get my hands on Tails of Love. What a fun story to write with so many other animal-lover authors. And the AAF is a terrific shelter! We are lucky to have them in the Cincinnati area.

The stories in TOL are all so different. I took this as a chance to try my hand at paranormal...sort of. :smileysurprised: Got to try something different once in a while.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments here.

Hugs, Dianne

Iced Chiffon
Berkley Prime Crime
Oct 2012
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Dianne - Great to see you here!  Dianne is a great author AND she's in my RWA chapter -- we're practically neighbors! Here are some of her books:

I'm Your Santa   Star Quality   I'll Be Seeing U   Hot and Bothered   Texas Bad Boys   The Way U Look Tonight   'Til There Was U   The Morgue the Merrier   A Fabulous Wedding (Harlequin American Romance #1095)  

Contributor
Stella_CameronSC
0 Kudos

Debbie:

Thank you!  I hope you love TAILS OF LOVE.  We have had a ball writing this book about our favorite critters.

Stella

Contributor
Stella_CameronSC

Since I'm finally here (what a long time I took to figure out how to register:smileyhappy: I have other comments to make about  the book, TAILS OF LOVE, the authors, they're all wonderful, and why this is so important to me.

We often hear folks say that the love of an animal is unconditional--we take the words for granted--but they are absolutely true.  All the time I'm here in my office writing, my dog and cat are around, staring, batting, telling me not too quietly, that they'd really like for me to give them a cuddle.  Or a treat!

At the moment I'm on the hunt for a second dog so I visit the Humane Society blog every day and make myself thoroughly miserable.  I can't take all 197 cats available, or the rows and rows of dogs.  so I just keep hoping everyone who visits will take at least one and that'll solve the problem.

The dog looking up at me now is very small (first small dog I've ever had) and a bit insecure, so, as I search the notes on available buddies for her I have to make sure I find a friend who will fit with her, and her with her:smileyhappy:  See a pattern there?  I'm also conscious of making sure there isn't a dominance issue.

Yesterday I got so excited because I thought I'd found the right little one--she was adopted by the time I got there but the family with her looked so thrilled that I felt almost as happy as they did.  And I'll keep on going until I get someone else settled in.

Something I worry about are all the very elderly cats up for adoption.  Their photos don't show neglected, straggly pets, but pets I think may have suddenly been left as orphans by someone who loved them so much.  It would be a hard thing to do but I wonder about getting to a point where one could take in a really old cat just to give him/her a lap, a warm spot in a comfy bed and a lot of love for as long as they have left.  I'm talking about 17 and 18 year old cats here.  A cat of 10 may have many good years ahead.

I guess my message is, don't be afraid to adopt an older animal because every good day they have is a long time in their lives.

A KNOTTY TAIL is my story in TAILS OF LOVE.  Madeleine and Dickens are brother and sister part Jack Russel terriers and they haven't had a lot of luck.  Times being as tough as they are, their second family has to move to find work and they can't afford to take the duo.  Along comes Rose Gibbs, a dog novice with a soft heart, and she's giving adoption a good try.  However, Madeleine and Dickens are a lot worried they'll do something wrong and get kicked out again--maybe for the last time.

Clawdia, a most exceptional and elegant feline lives across the lane from the dogs and Rose, with Simon, a cartoonist of great skill but a little hesitancy on the dating front.  Clawdia is sick of Simon's bad moods and she knows who he's watching from afar, and wanting from just as far.

Do you think a very superior cat and a couple of sincere mutts could do something to improve their owners' lives--a lot?

Happy reading,

Stella

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Lovely post, Stella.

I have an eight-year-old bulldog who can barely tolerate her humans. Other pets wouldn't last a day in this apartment, but if they could I'd fill my home with cats, dogs, ponies, you name it.

But I completely agree with you about how much the pets you do have fill your life. My dog is like my first child, and since she came into our lives I've become much more concerned with pet issues. This is a great cause and I'll be buying a copy of Tails of Love and urging all my friends to do the same!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I used to have a cat named Dickens, still think that's a great name.  We got our dog from a shelter, and I'd get another shelter dog in a minute.  I'm sure I'll be doing that as soon as we stop traveling so much -- it's hard with a son in Chicago and a daughter in Orlando, and I'm in Cincinnati.  It would be hard on a dog.
Author
LLFoster
0 Kudos

Becke,

It DOES make traveling difficult. We literally bought an RV as Chihuahua transportation because my little dogs hate riding in the car. LOL. (But now I love the RV and do a lot of local travel in it.)

I have two doggies, Brock who is only around 5lbs, and Tootsie is about 7 or 8lbs.

Brock is an older guy, and he has some health issues lately that are breaking my heart. He takes meds 3 times a day for congestive heart failure, and he has an ointment I put in his eyes 3 times a day because of ademas. He can't see very well anymore, but he's not in pain.

While my middle son is in South Korea teaching for a year, we're "babysitting" his 3 cats. Liger is a big 23 lb Maincoon, but his brother, Gremlin, is smaller. Grem is really shy, but so sweet, and Liger is like a lapdog. LOL. They're inseparable. My son adopted both of them from a shelter. (The same shelter that'll benefit from the Tails of Love antho!)

Then there's KiKi. She probably weighed no more than a few ounces when my son found her. Now she's by the far the most rambunctious of the bunch at my house!

The animals have their own distinct personalities and quirks. They're so much fun!

Lori 

Author
Keri_Stevens
0 Kudos

I loved the last anthology.  These are perfect beach bites!  Getting my copy the "immortal" way--on-site at the gathering. 

I didn't enter Ivy in the contest because, well, it wouldn't have been fair to the rest of y'all's pets.  I mean, they're cute and all.  But Ivy is special.

Your nook wants you to order Stone Kissed.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Oh my gosh I'm all a twitter speaking with two of my favs in Stella and Lori not to mention that I love Melanie's books too.

In my adult life I have only had pets that I rescued not necessarily from pounds or shelters but some from neighbors who were neglectful and those who just didn't want their pets anymore (saying this as I shudder, I mean who can get rid of a part of your family. That would be like me getting rid of my children and believe me sometimes when they were growing up that would have been a no-brainer, but get rid of my dog or cat. NO-WAY) 

So kudos to what you and your fellow writers are doing and not only am I buying one copy, but copies for every animal lover I know. Right now I think the count is 15, oh and I also made my Library district purchase lots of copies too and we'll use them for children's and adult giveaways in our reading programs throughout the summer.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Lori - My dog died two years ago, just short of 13 years old.  I support Cincinnati's League for Animal Welfare, another no-kill shelter, and when they send their monthly "adopt me" newsletters, I can barely glance at them.  I want to adopt them all!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

KERI IS HERE!!  Make a note of her name, because you'll be reading her contemporary fiction before long.  Keri, like Dianne Castell, is in my local chapter of Romance Writers.  I'm so glad she's found her way here!
Author
LLFoster
0 Kudos

Oh Keri! ROTFLMAO!!! That's too fun. Go Ivy!

(I feel the same about my fur babies!)

Lori