Author
DianneCastell
0 Kudos

Re: Tails of Love by Lori Foster and Stella Cameron

Wow, Becke, thanks for posting my books!! I really appreciate it. Looking at the covers made me remember writng them.

It was great chatting with you at the get-together! Lori and I are off today to sign contracts with the Marriott for next year. The cost should be $50 again for the weekend. And we're dropping off checks to One Way Farm. We made $6166 from raffle baskets and there will be another check from B&N from the bookfair. THANK YOU B&N!!!

Thanks, Becke, for helping to get the word our on Tails of Love and the reader/writer get-together. See you next year!

Hugs, Dianne

Iced Chiffon
Berkley Prime Crime
Oct 2012
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Dianne - I'm hoping we'll have our chapter meeting at your event - we were all there, anyway. I went out and bought all your books last year after the event. I've read several of them but still have a few more in my TBR pile. I've been reading Lori's books for years but still have a few left to read. If only I could read while sleeping, maybe I'd get through that pile faster.

Congratulations on raising so much for a good cause! I'm thrilled that Barnes and Noble played a part in your success! Linda Keller is amazing! (And, yes, I left with a huge stack of books, too.)

I was thrilled to finally meet one of my favorite authors, Patricia McLinn, too. such fun!

Author
LLFoster
0 Kudos

Linda IS amazing. So is Dianne. During one of our videos at the event, we tried to recall when we met. Gads, our friendship is going on 20 years! We watched each others' kids grow up. I love them both. It's so nice to do an event like this with folks you truly care for and admire.

Becke, thanks again for being there. Have should organize your chapter meeting for the event! LOL. That'd be great.

Oh, and that bookfair line... I loved it!

Hugs to all,

Lori

Author
DianneCastell
0 Kudos

It's great working with Lori and Linda Keller on the event. I can't imagine doing this unless you were vast friends.

Linda does such a great job on the bookfair. B&N is always terrific to work with.

Thanks, Becke, for chatting about all this.

Dianne

Iced Chiffon
Berkley Prime Crime
Oct 2012
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thanks to Melanie for letting me hog this thread!
Author
LLFoster
0 Kudos

LLFoster wrote:

Becke, thanks again for being there. Have should organize your chapter meeting for the event! LOL. That'd be great.

Gads, quoting my own comment because I'm not sure what I was saying. LOL. Sorry for the typo folks. I'm scrambling bigtime to get caught up now, and my brain isn't keeping up, obviously. ;-)

Yes, thanks to Melanie for letting us chat here!

Hugs to all,

Lori

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

LLFoster wrote:

Oh, please! This is fun for me! I'm vicariously living through all of you lucky folks who got to go to that conference. Last year when Becke talked about it I was jealous, so you can imagine how I feel this year!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

LLFoster wrote:

Oh, please! This is fun for me! I'm vicariously living through all of you lucky folks who got to go to that conference. Last year when Becke talked about it I was jealous, so you can imagine how I feel this year!

Well just think how many babysitters you'll have next year Melanie  :womanvery-happy:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Oh yes, Melanie -- come and bring your beautiful daughter!  I have to say, it's fun having an event in Cincinnati. We miss out on a lot of the big events, so I'm thrilled that Lori and Dianne have theirs so close to where I live. And, judging by the number of readers and authors who were there, the Midwest is a hotbed of romance!
Author
LLFoster
0 Kudos

Definitely, Melanie, join us next year!

Becke, we have the event near where we live. I can't even imagine trying to organize things in another location. It'd be impossible for me. I'm glad that so many are willing to travel to us!

Hugs,

Lori 

Author
DianneCastell
0 Kudos

Melanie, we'd love to see you next year. Why does that sound so soon! :-)

The West Chester Marriott is easy to work with and tries to keep the costs down for us because everything goes to charity. What a great bunch. And the food is good.

Iced Chiffon
Berkley Prime Crime
Oct 2012
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Cincinnatti is one city I've never been too...and Dianne just sold me by mentioning good food!
Message Edited by Melanie_Murray on 06-16-2009 08:44 AM
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hmm, charity and getting to hold and play with at that time 1 and a half year old, not to mention meeting my all time favorite authors and spending time with pals that I've gotten to know here for the last few years as well. I think I'll have to make the trek to Cincinnatti.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Maybe you all can put that on your website. "Come to Cincinnatti. Babysit!" :smileywink:
Author
LLFoster
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Hmm, charity and getting to hold and play with at that time 1 and a half year old, not to mention meeting my all time favorite authors and spending time with pals that I've gotten to know here for the last few years as well. I think I'll have to make the trek to Cincinnatti.

Debbie, put it on your calendar now! I promise you a good time. :-)

Lori

Author
DianneCastell
0 Kudos

And I really want some grandbabies. Grandma adoption for a weekend. Bring the babe! :-)

Dianne

Iced Chiffon
Berkley Prime Crime
Oct 2012
Author
Keri_Stevens
0 Kudos

Is that an open invite, Dianne, 'cause I've got three of my own . . . LOL!
Your nook wants you to order Stone Kissed.
Contributor
Stella_CameronSC
0 Kudos

Dianne:  Suggestion--perhaps you should start foster-grandmom program on a weekend when you aren't hosting a busy get-together:smileyhappy:  On the other hand, you're a pro, you could manage everything with a babe in one arm...

Stella