Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
LLFoster
0 Kudos

Re: Tails of Love by Lori Foster and Stella Cameron

becke_davis wrote:
Noooo! Eight more days?  That can't be right.  I have to do a load of revision by then, because I have a pitch appointment. Plus, I have to lose twenty pounds by then. I hear some authors can write on the treadmill - this is a skill I need to learn.

Becke, PLEASE don't lose 20lbs! If you do, I'm going to feel doubly bad for not losing my designated 10. Let's just go and have "plump" fun, okay? LOL Besides, Joni usually brings Krispy Kremes, so what's the point in dieting beforehand?

I can read and plot on the treadmill, although my poor treadmill hasn't been opened in 2 weeks. Shame on me.

Hope the pitch appt goes well!

Lori

Author
LLFoster
0 Kudos

Hawaiin shirts - Author Island (www.authorisland.com) is doing a luau and inviting folks to wear their special shirts if they chose to. I don't have one, and have no idea where to find one! LOL

We're up to 302 attendees. Wow, huh!?

Industry list:

1.      Joyce Ann McLaughlin – Blurb Writer for Publisher’s Weekly

2.      Christina Brashear – Publisher, Samhain Publishing

3.      Marty Mathews – Author Liaison, Samhain Publishing

4.      Angela James, Executive Editor, Samhain Publishing

5.      Julie Cummings – All Romance eBooks, Manager of Marketing and Promotions

6.      Tina Gerow – Sapphire Blue Publisher/Editor

7.      Monette Draper – Liquid Silver Books

8.      Roberta Brown – Brown Literary Agency

9.      Faith Bicknell-Brown – Editor, Red Rose Publishing

10.  Wendi R. Felter – Publisher, Red Rose Publishing

11.  Michelle Buonfiglio –  Romance: B(u)y the Book

12.  Leigh Collett – Resplendence Publishing, LLC

13.  Pamela Seres – Publisher/Owner of DCL Publications, LLC

14.  Patricia Kempe – Editor for DCL Publications

15.  Sara Loftus – Bonaparte Press

16.  DeNita Tuttle – AuthorIsland.com

17.  Pat Rouse – Author Promotions

18.  Laura Kubitz – Topaz Promotions

19.  Kerin Hanson – TwoLips Reviews

Author list is too long, so the link is here:

http://www.lorifoster.com/community/readergettogether.php

Lori

dhaupt
0 Kudos

The winner in the Tails of Love Mascot contest is over and here's the link to the winners on Michelle Buonfiglio's blog site;

http://www.romancebuythebook.com/

Alas my wonderful better looking than all the rest grand-dog Roxie was not chosen, so I know it was random because there's not cuter dog in the world.

Congrats to all the winners!!!

And the rest of you out there get out there and buy the book! 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Debbie - I think you should come to Lori's event. The only thing is, you're like me -- last year I completely filled the tote bag Samhain gave out with books I bought there. Did I mention Barnes & Noble sets up a mini-store at the hotel? How cool is that? (That's all thanks to Linda Keller at the West Chester Barnes & Noble, a goddess in her own right.)

Lori - if it keeps raining like it has been, that 20 lbs. isn't going anywhere. I always prefer walking outside to the darn treadmill, and I'm not sticking to my exercise plan very well.

Hawaiian shirts -- hmmm.  Well, I'll bring a bunch of leis for my roommates so we can fit in!

That list is awesome -- I hope some of our Romantic Reads participants will be there, too! Can people still register, or is it too late? For those coming in from out of town, even if you can't get into the conference hotel, there are lots of others pretty close by. Lori's event takes place in a nice area for restaurants and shops, and there's an IKEA just down the street.  I hope to meet some of you there! 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just got back from the Lori Foster event a little while ago. I have no voice (wonder why?) and got about 5 hours sleep in the last 48 hours. I hope Michelle Buonfiglio has a safe drive home because we sat up talking pretty late -- would you believe security kicked us out of the hotel lobby at 2 a.m.??

Lori and Dianne outdid themselves this year. There were over a hundred authors -- I'd met a few of them before, but I got to meet several other favorites this year. Erin McCarthy was there, Julie James, Shiloh Walker, Dianne Castell and Lori Foster (of course), Toni Blake, Stella Cameron (who I never did find), a long-time favorite of mine, Patricia McLinn, Lora Leigh (who I didn't get to meet) Joey W. Hill (who I did), Gia Dawn, Rosemary Laurey, Ann Christopher, Jacquelyn Frank, Emma Holly, Angela Knight, Marjorie M. Liu, Donna MacMeans, LuAnne McLane, Kay Stockham, Lorie O'Clare -- that's just a small sampling! 

Message Edited by becke_davis on 06-07-2009 07:25 PM
Author
DianneCastell
0 Kudos

Hi, Becke!!!

It was wonderful meeting you at the get-together. What a  fun time. So many terrific authors and readers. I'm thrilled you had a good time. Lori and I have already signed the contracts for next year so mark you calendar for the first weekend in June. See you then

Dianne

Iced Chiffon
Berkley Prime Crime
Oct 2012
Author
Keri_Stevens
0 Kudos

Hey, Becke,

I got to meet Stella Cameron (neener-neener!).  I didn't get to meet Lora Leigh, though, and I wanted to thank her for the wonderful basket she donated to the silent auction (which, ahem, I won!).

Dianne--it's on my calendar now!

Keri Stevens

http://keristevens.blogspot.com (where I've posted my 3 cents on the weekend!)

Your nook wants you to order Stone Kissed.
Author
LLFoster
0 Kudos

Thank you, Becke! I'm so darned sorry that you didn't get to meet Lora Leigh or Stella.

I know Stella came in late Friday, and with traveling from Seattle, she was probably more tired than many of us. Lora Leigh I only saw twice, and both times very briefly! LOL. So you weren't the only one who missed her.

Wasn't Michelle incredible!? She did ALL the interviews, and there were a bunch. It's a wonder she could still talk at all. She amazes me. We owe her a great debt for her generosity.

Hugs to all!

Lori

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I had soooo much fun!

And, as Keri mentioned, she won one of the Lora Leigh baskets I had been bidding on. Because she was one of my roommates and thus she was functioning without sleep, I was able to persuade her to let me read the ARC of the new Lora Leigh before she did! I'm going to read it today, once I get some work done.

Bengal's Heart  

I've been busy posting pictures of the event on Facebook. You can find them here: 

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2013269&id=1139786050

Contributor
Stella_CameronSC
0 Kudos

Hello, all!  I had a wonderful time in Cincinnati--with one of the brightest, most enthusiastic and cheerful groups I've ever encountered:smileyhappy:  Everywhere I looked folks were laughing, talking madly and enjoying themselves.

Becke--I was there, almost all of the time--honestly!  I sat at a table to the far right of the room as you came in and on Saturday I don't think I got to move for hours.  Wish we had met, but let's hope there's a next time.

Lori and Dianne did an amazing job.  Just watching them hare around keeping everything clicking was something else.  The hotel staff was great.  Michelle worked around the mic and cameras tirelessly and she's such a pro.  I can't list everyone because then I'd miss a name and feel horrible later:smileyhappy:

Having all the Tails Of Love authors in one place kept a smile on my face--couldn't stop smiling.

Yes, I was tired, but not too tired to have fun.  It's just a long trip in a short time and I fly with a mental picture of a sardine can floating around.  Flying is not fun anymore, is it?

I hope those of you who got copies of TAILS OF LOVE are enjoying some smiles and sniffles!

All the best,  Stella

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Keri posted about the event on her blog. She is hilarious: http://www.keristevens.blogspot.com/
Author
LLFoster
0 Kudos

How fun, Becke, that you get to read an arc! I'm sure you'll love the story.

Stella, I don't know how you did it. That was a long trip and then to step into our chaos... LOL. Yes, mega fun, but soooo tiring! I hope you have a day to recoup before you jump back into the book - but I'm doubting it. :-)

I'm taking my friend back to the airport today. The time passes too quickly, that's for sure.

Hugs to all,

Lori

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I'm so jealous of you guys, I guess I'll just have to look into joining in all of the fun next time. 
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:
I'm so jealous of you guys, I guess I'll just have to look into joining in all of the fun next time. 
Debbie - If you come, I'll make sure you meet everyone!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

dhaupt wrote:
Debbie - If you come, I'll make sure you meet everyone!

You're my hero Becke

New User
LianeGentrySkye
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

How could I have been around this long and missed this group! :smileyhappy:  I'm so disappointed that Tails of Love was sold out, but I will be ordering one.   

The event was so awesome this year.  I'm still flying high even though I caught the plague somewhere along the way and can't breathe! :smileyhappy:  Not that it's slowing me down too much, just an annoyance.

Message Edited by Melanie_Murray on 06-09-2009 11:50 AM
Liane Gentry Skye
http://www.lianegentryskye.com
http://www.writersgonewild.blogspot.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm glad you found this board, Liane, but I'll warn you - it's dangerous to your to-be-read pile!
Author
LLFoster
0 Kudos

LianeGentrySkye wrote:

How could I have been around this long and missed this group! :smileyhappy:  I'm so disappointed that Tails of Love was sold out, but I will be ordering one.   

The event was so awesome this year.  I'm still flying high even though I caught the plague somewhere along the way and can't breathe! :smileyhappy:  Not that it's slowing me down too much, just an annoyance.

Message Edited by Melanie_Murray on 06-09-2009 11:50 AM

Hey Liane,

We sold out because - as sometimes happens - one cartoon of books didn't show up. Bummer, huh? I hate when that happens, but there's no way around it.

I am SO sorry you've caught a bug! Egads, to head home tired from the busy weekend and then to get sick too... that's too much. I hope you recover quickly!

Lori

Contributor
Stella_CameronSC
0 Kudos

Lianne:  Bummer on the bug!  Hope you get better quickly--you don't want to know but I also have a bug and we were both in the same place--hmmmm?:smileyhappy:  I tend to think we're living in general bugville at the moment but it does help to share a moan sometimes.  I've been doing my share around here.

Yep to what Lori said.  A box of books just didn't show up at the gathering.  I didn't expect to be unable to buy books there, either, and had planned to get some signed by all authors. 

Whatever happens, I hope you really enjoy TAILS OF LOVE.

Cheers,  Stella

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Stella - I bought Cypress Nights at the conference and just finished it -- it was sooo good! Will there be more in this series? Cypress Nights (Bayou Series)