Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
LLFoster
0 Kudos

Re: Tails of Love by Lori Foster and Stella Cameron

Thank you, Debbie!

You rock!

Lori

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Oh my gosh, I was sorting out some of my OLD Harlequins, Silhouettes, Candlelight Ecstasy (those were soooo good), etc. and was knocked out by how many of those authors are big names today - like Stella Cameron, who is going to be at Lori Foster's event!

Other authors in my oldie pile: Susan Mallery, Elizabeth Bevarly (Liz Bevarly), Carla Neggers, Diana Palmer, Nora Roberts, Barbara Delinsky, Ruth Wind, Jayne Castle - just for a start!

I was hesitant to part with some old favorites, but I've added so many new favorites to my bookcases, something has to give! 

dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Oh my gosh, I was sorting out some of my OLD Harlequins, Silhouettes, Candlelight Ecstasy (those were soooo good), etc. and was knocked out by how many of those authors are big names today - like Stella Cameron, who is going to be at Lori Foster's event!

Other authors in my oldie pile: Susan Mallery, Elizabeth Bevarly (Liz Bevarly), Carla Neggers, Diana Palmer, Nora Roberts, Barbara Delinsky, Ruth Wind, Jayne Castle - just for a start!

I was hesitant to part with some old favorites, but I've added so many new favorites to my bookcases, something has to give! 

All of my favs are on your list, plus Mirra still publishes big names too like MJ Rose and Elizabeth Lowell, Heather Graham etc. so Harlequin is still big in romance, plus I like their new Nocturne division which handles all the paranormal. 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

All of my favs are on your list, plus Mirra still publishes big names too like MJ Rose and Elizabeth Lowell, Heather Graham etc. so Harlequin is still big in romance, plus I like their new Nocturne division which handles all the paranormal. 

Debbie - Happy Birthday!  I'm pretty sure I have some Elizabeth Lowell and Heather Graham oldies, too, and possibly M.J. Rose. I'm nowhere near through sorting them out.  I'm having a hard time parting with old favorites, but I'm more likely to read a new one at this point, than to re-read an old one.

Contributor
Stella_CameronSC
0 Kudos

Becke--You made me smile about the early books.  It's fun to follow the careers of some writers.  Once when I was in London I got to visit the Mills & Boon archives where they have copies of every Harlequin ever published.  It was amazing.

Cheers,  Stella

Author
LLFoster
0 Kudos

I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day. We celebrated yesterday with around 30 or so family members here at my house. We had all ages, from the babies not yet crawling to the 85 year olds. It was great!

I'm not getting much pleasure reading done right now because I have a book due and I have a ton of galleys to read for reissues that have the type reset. (Like going from a trade to a mass market.) Ugh. Not fun, rereading my own stuff, but I hope to finish up one set today, and then I'll only have one more to go through.

Hugs to all!

Lori

becke_davis
0 Kudos

LLFoster wrote:

I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day. We celebrated yesterday with around 30 or so family members here at my house. We had all ages, from the babies not yet crawling to the 85 year olds. It was great!

I'm not getting much pleasure reading done right now because I have a book due and I have a ton of galleys to read for reissues that have the type reset. (Like going from a trade to a mass market.) Ugh. Not fun, rereading my own stuff, but I hope to finish up one set today, and then I'll only have one more to go through.

Hugs to all!

Lori

Lori - I don't know how you get any writing done at all, with your big event coming up. I first learned about it on this board with Liz Bevarly talked it up last year. I had so much fun last year, met so many great people and discovered so many new books - I HAD to come this year, too.
I let three friends from my local RWA chapter persuade me to do a slumber party, four-in-a-room thing at the Get Together. I am too old for this! I warned them - I'll get up at the crack of dawn if I have to, but I am getting the bathroom first. I know you are a camping lover, but I am one of those women who doesn't go out without makeup! (I need all the help I can get!)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Stella_CameronSC wrote:

Becke--You made me smile about the early books.  It's fun to follow the careers of some writers.  Once when I was in London I got to visit the Mills & Boon archives where they have copies of every Harlequin ever published.  It was amazing.

Cheers,  Stella

Stella - I read that you met your husband at a party where you also saw the Beatles -- is this true? My husband is English but I met him in the U.S. We later moved back to England and I worked on Regent Street. My office overlooked the roof of the Apple building (Apple Corps, the Beatles label, not the computer company). I was so jealous, because the girl I worked with saw the Beatles do the rooftop concert! And she wasn't even a fan - she was annoyed with all the noise (groan). 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Stella_CameronSC wrote:

Cheers,  Stella

Two of the books in my bookcase were No Stranger and Second to None, and I think I saw Guilty pleasures there, too.

Author
LLFoster
0 Kudos

LOL. Oh Becke, if I went out without my make-up, people would throw rocks at me. I'm not a "camper" so much as I hide in our RV until I'm ready to present myself. ;-)

As SOON as I could afford it, I started getting rooms by myself when I traveled, and I haven't shared a room since. I'm an insomniac, and an early riser, and in general, a real pill. I was old when I was 20. LOL. So I'm no fun at all.

As to getting writing done... well, I'm aiming for 20 pages today, so wish me luck! I'm to the point where I NEED to finish this book for my own sanity, because when I sleep, I dream about the main character and he's annoying to me. LOL

Lori

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

LLFoster wrote:

LOL. Oh Becke, if I went out without my make-up, people would throw rocks at me. I'm not a "camper" so much as I hide in our RV until I'm ready to present myself. ;-)

As SOON as I could afford it, I started getting rooms by myself when I traveled, and I haven't shared a room since. I'm an insomniac, and an early riser, and in general, a real pill. I was old when I was 20. LOL. So I'm no fun at all.

As to getting writing done... well, I'm aiming for 20 pages today, so wish me luck! I'm to the point where I NEED to finish this book for my own sanity, because when I sleep, I dream about the main character and he's annoying to me. LOL

Lori

I'm a night owl and I tend to read half the night, but I think my zany roommates will wear me out.  I stayed by myself last year and this year, until I was shangaied into the slumber party, I planned to go home and come back in the morning (I live in the Eastgate area).
 Good luck with your 20 pages. I had to laugh when I saw your last line. A lot of us read your books and I'm sure a lot of us have dreamed about your characters, too.  However, I sincerely doubt "annoying" is a word any of us would use to describe him/them!! 

Message Edited by becke_davis on 05-26-2009 11:13 AM
Author
Keri_Stevens
0 Kudos

Lori,

You don't need to worry about Becke.  I know her roommates, and they're going to put her to bed promptly at 9:00p.  They'll awaken at 5:30 for the one hour run around the Marriott parking lot, followed by an organic fruit breakfast and meditation.  They're bringing a blender for the wheatgrass juice and will be observing a strict vow of "peaceful positivity" in their room, which will involve a lot of bowing and "No, After you!"

Everyone will remember to floss and will be required to read all of the naughty bits of procured novels aloud.  Until 9p, of course.

Your nook wants you to order Stone Kissed.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Keri_Stevens wrote:

Lori,

You don't need to worry about Becke.  I know her roommates, and they're going to put her to bed promptly at 9:00p.  They'll awaken at 5:30 for the one hour run around the Marriott parking lot, followed by an organic fruit breakfast and meditation.  They're bringing a blender for the wheatgrass juice and will be observing a strict vow of "peaceful positivity" in their room, which will involve a lot of bowing and "No, After you!"

Everyone will remember to floss and will be required to read all of the naughty bits of procured novels aloud.  Until 9p, of course.

Is this the same Becke that we know and love, wheatgrass juice? I bet she dumps in in the nearest plant.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Keri_Stevens wrote:

Lori,

Is this the same Becke that we know and love, wheatgrass juice? I bet she dumps it in the nearest plant.

Debbie - As you might have guessed, Keri is one of the roommates I mentioned earlier. She's not only a whole lot younger and skinnier than I am, she teaches yoga.  I'm in soooo much trouble!

Author
LLFoster
0 Kudos

Keri_Stevens wrote:

Lori,

Is this the same Becke that we know and love, wheatgrass juice? I bet she dumps it in the nearest plant.

Debbie - As you might have guessed, Keri is one of the roommates I mentioned earlier. She's not only a whole lot younger and skinnier than I am, she teaches yoga.  I'm in soooo much trouble!

Ladies, you are all SO funny! LOL. Cracked me up, and it's still early for cracking up. LOL

I didn't get a single page written yesterday. Spent all day answering last minute emails about the event. Well, not quite last minute, I guess. 8 more days to go. But a bunch of emails all the same.

So now I'm going to get to writing early today and just not look at my emails until I finish. I hope.

My characters do bug me when I'm writing! They keep me awake at night telling me things that they wouldn't tell me when I was at the computer! Pesky buggers.

Hope you all have a fantastic day!

Lori

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Noooo! Eight more days?  That can't be right.  I have to do a load of revision by then, because I have a pitch appointment. Plus, I have to lose twenty pounds by then. I hear some authors can write on the treadmill - this is a skill I need to learn.
Contributor
Stella_CameronSC
0 Kudos

You're all keeping me laughing--I needed that this afternoon.  I, too, am a nightowl and work through most nights so I'm just coming up on my most productive time.  As the sun starts to go down and if I haven't had enough sleep--oh, dear, I can be dangerous.

As for wheat grass juice--save some for me, please!  My quest for "good" food is endless but has unfortunately led to a narrower and narrower list of choices.  My daily constant is oatmeal cooked with water, ground flax seed, yogurt and blueberries.  You know your horizons have become a bit fuzzy when a bowl of oatmeal excites you:smileyhappy:

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Stella

Millie, Mango and Zipper--and Jerry

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Stella - my son the health nut complains that I'm too boring in my daily routine, but I like what I like - either granola with blueberries and lite vanilla yogurt, or oatmeal with raisins. What's not to like?
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Stella or Lori or Dianne - For those readers (and authors) who plan to attend, can you give us an update on who all will be there?  I posted a list awhile back, but I'm sure you've added more authors since then.

Also -- Hawaiian shirts?  Did I miss something? 

Contributor
Stella_CameronSC
0 Kudos

Becke:  I missed something on the Hawaiian shirts, too.  I'll wait for further news on that.  I can't help with the list of people attending Lori Foster and Dianne Castel's get together.  Many of the authors included in Tails of Love will be on hand to sign their individual stories--won't that be fun to have the book personalized?

I know Dianne or Lori will direct you to a more complete list of attendees.

Cheers,  Stella