Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1)  

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Re: The Hunger Games

Melanie_Murray wrote:

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1)  

Hi Everyone - I'm still in FLA, and for the last 2 weeks have had a VERY bad internet connection. I'm doing a lot of reading, Have read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire - am now onto Mockingjay. LOVE THEM - I saw the movie last night, and it was great - followed the book almost exactly !! I was amazed. What I am a little concerned about is that some really young kids are both reading it and seeing the movie - the subject can be VERY disturbing. I hope the parents are reading the book as well....

Anne

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Not that I know many teens, but the only people I know who've read these books are adults. Though over a the Teen board several posters have read them.

Contributor
PoeticAnaphora
0 Kudos

I actually just bought the books yesterday. I haven't read them before but heard great things about them. And I saw the movie on opening day. It was pretty fantastic! I'm looking forward to reading the book. (I'm 25, for the record :])
Twitter: PoeticAnaphora
Blog: Livejournal
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i read the first book this week, and went to see the movie yesterday. The book was great, as was the movie! they did a pretty great job of keeping the integrity of the book in  the movie.

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I saw the movie last night. I too thought it was a faithful representation of the book. Loved Lenny Kravitz! And Stanley Tucci's teeth.

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

cinna is a great character!

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Correspondent
cork_dork_mom

Definitely a very popular series.

I have no desire to read them or see the movie. The premise is really disturbing.

Feel like such a Book Scrooge but there ya go. :smileyindifferent:

cork_dork_mom
Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

Don't feel bad, Cork_Dork_Mom; I don't like the premise either.

I read the first one (thank goodness for libraries!), and I'm seriously considering not bothering with the other two.  I haven't read past the first Twilight book either.

Does Hunger Games remind anyone else of Ready Player One