Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

The Lora Leigh Appreciation Thread!

Renegade is keeping me up at night right now! What a great story, and a yummy hero and a heroine who seems like a real person. I will write more about this book in next week's Heart-to-Heart column, but for now I though Ms. Leigh deserved her own thread. I know most of you know and love her books, so post here what your favorites are, and what books people who want to try her should pick up first!

Correspondent
lesnes
0 Kudos

Re: The Lora Leigh Appreciation Thread!

I love all of them...but my fave is Dawn's Awakening (Breeds Series)  and Wild Card  .

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

lesnes wrote:

I love all of them...but my fave is Dawn's Awakening (Breeds Series)  and Wild Card  .

Did you read her books in order?

Frequent Contributor
Irishcontessa
0 Kudos

I have loved all of her Tempting SEALS, Elite Ops, and Nauti Boys series. I've read (and re-read) them all and can't say enough about them. However, I was never able to get into her Breeds series though I tried several times. I don't know why this happened as I love paranormal romance but I just couldn't manage it with that particular series. I know she's written many, many more outside those series as well though I have not read them.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I've read all of them. Wild Card is a favorite of mine, too.

Wild Card

Correspondent
lesnes
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

lesnes wrote:

Did you read her books in order?

Not all of them in order. The Tempting Seals and The Elite OPS yes I've read them in order. But  my favorite one is Noah Blake's story. Now The Breed I have not read them in order I start with Jacob's Faith. The Men of August in order as well, and The Nauti boys too.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

I have some of all of her series except the Breeds series. I haven't gotten around to that one yet. I have read the series in order and like many people I would have to say that one of my favs by Leigh is Wild Card. I have the first two books in the Nauti Boy series but that one keeps falling flat for me. I do enjoy her Bound Heart series though my favorite so far of that series is Wicked Pleasure  

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

I've read all the SEALS and Elite Ops books so far. I loved them all, but Wild Card is definitely my favorite. It was heart breaking to read at times. I'm definitely getting more of her books for sure. I also can't wait till Live Wire comes out. Jordan Malone is a tough nut to crack.

Live Wire

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

kmgevans- Thanks for showing us the great cover. I need to catch up on the Elite Ops series I have only read Wild Card and Maverick so far.

Pages of Forbidden Love
New User
RPoma72
0 Kudos

Last week, the bloggers at Guilty Indulgence focused on Lora Leigh books - mostly the Breeds - if you want to catch some good reviews from real women who know their romance books and have met Lora Leigh personally... http://guiltyindulgencebookclub.blogspot.com/.

Blogger
Marisa-ONeill
0 Kudos

Melanie - how could you do this to me? Lora Leigh is one of my go to authors and I just can't pick one of her books. If I want suspense I pick up her Elite Ops series. If I want paranormal I pick up her breed series. If I want menage I pick up her Bound Hearts series. If I want to travel to the south and visit cousins who are all alpha I pick up her Nauti Boy series.  She's got it all covered.

Inspired Contributor
1lovealways
0 Kudos

I'm new to Lora Leigh's books.  Dangerous Games was recommended to me.  Loved it!  I got on her email from her publisher and got a preview of Renegade from St. Martin's before it came out.  Needless to say, I was hooked on that book and was in the bookstore immediately when it came out. 

Those of you who have read it, know there wasn't a dull moment in that book..  What a great hero & heroine.  They were just so perfectly matched.  And don't you just love a heroine who can tame a bad boy?  I have two of her Breed books in my TBR pile.  After reading Renegade I'm in love with the Elite Ops series.  Nik Steele is simply yummy.  :smileywink:  Right now, Renegade is my favorite book by her. 

Frequent Contributor
Yvette4

When I "plowed" through the Breeds series, I became totally obsessed with all things Lora Leigh.  The Breeds were the first books I ever read from by author.  Then, I went on to the Elite Ops series.  Is there anything not to love in a strong, alpha male who knows what he wants and knows how to get it? 

I was absolutely thrilled when I actually went to one of Lora's book signings and met her.  I was a little bit "star struck."  Lora signed a copy of Renegade for me. She is so very nice.

I haven't read any of her Nauti Boy books yet (they're on my TBR list).

My Breeds favorites are:

Dawn's Awakening

Mercury's War

Bengal's Heart

Coyote's Mate

Elizabeth's Wolf****

Lion's Heat

Wildcard is my favorite from the Elite Ops series.

Inspired Contributor
Amiee_Novelnose
0 Kudos

I'm reading her Breed series. I have loved everyone so far. Her books make a great fan for a flushed face also.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Amiee_Novelnose wrote:

I'm reading her Breed series. I have loved everyone so far. Her books make a great fan for a flushed face also.

LOLOLOL!!!  

Reader 2
marifran
0 Kudos

Love Lora Leigh.  I had read several of the breed series before I found a list of reading order.  Now I'm filling in the ones I missed.  My husband is enjoying my increased libido.

New User
clibera28
0 Kudos

I am hooked on her books my favorite books are Nauti Boy series. I was at the book store and her books were the only ones at the time that really caught my eye. They are very easy to read the characters make u  want to keep reading all of them.

Nauti Nights, Vol. 2   

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

clibera28 wrote:

I am hooked on her books my favorite books are Nauti Boy series. I was at the book store and her books were the only ones at the time that really caught my eye. They are very easy to read the characters make u  want to keep reading all of them.

Nauti Nights, Vol. 2   

I really didn't care for the Nauti Boy series, I had to stop after the second book because it really didn't catch my interest. I enjoy her bound heart series and her Elite series though

Pages of Forbidden Love
Contributor
Tia_Night
0 Kudos

I love her Breed books - More more more :-)

You know you have read too much Lora Leigh......

When you pass by your husband who is watching Men's diving competitions---and 2 brothers are doing their Duo dive.....He asks for my opinion on their dive looked....

I could only come up with "They are lickable"

hehe -- I got scolded

Tia