Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

The Rustler by Linda Lael Miller

It's always such a treat for me to read Linda Lael Miller. I don't generally read many westerns, but her books always, always captivate and leave me wondering, "Why don't I read more westerns?"

This one was just wonderful - lots of heart, a hero with a checkered past, an upstanding heroine who has a few hidden layers to her personality (I loved the poker playing ladies!) and an adorable, precocious kid. Plus one beat-up mutt.

Anybody else read this one? And has anybody read the other Stone Creek books? Because this was my first one, but I'm going to get the others now.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: The Rustler by Linda Lael Miller

Melanie,

Hi!

I love Linda's western books both her historical and her contemporary and not just her westerns but everything she writes. There no more interesting family than her McKettricks either from today or yesterday and she has such a way to tell a story that I just find it so hard to put down her books and in fact wish they were 700 or so pages. And in fact have read everything she's put out in the last 10 years or so and occasionally when I can find them in used book stores etc.. will pick up an out of print book, but it's great that so many authors including her are reprinting so many of them. 

I have read all the Stone Creek books and have enjoyed all of them, but if you haven't Melanie check out the McKettricks start with the historical and then the modern day.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Debbie,

I've read some books by her but I've never sat down and read all the McKettricks chronologically. That actually sounds like a great idea!

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Linda Lael Miller has to be one of my favorite authors. She started me on westerns. The mckettricks are great. my friends tease my because i get soo excited when when a new book of hers comes out.  the great thing is that her mckettrick and stonecreek books became interwoven(is that a word) she has a new trilogy, the creeds, that are descendents of angus mckettrick. you cant go wrong with linda lael miller
"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

the next book in the stone creek series, the bridegroom...looks really good...by just the cover, let alone the back.cant wait to read it

its aboiut gidgeon...the only boy in the yarbros who went to university...promises to be promising

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"