Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
TheEvilQueen
0 Kudos

Re: Twilight---Stephenie Meyer

I liked Twilight and I'm not exactly a teenager. I thought it was a great idea for a story. I am curious to see what they come up with in the movie!
"Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever."
â Walt Disney
Contributor
TinkPink80
0 Kudos

:smileymad:I agree, I'm not a teenager either...I'm in my 20's and I thought it was great, I'm almost finished with the series.  I love the new take on vampires...much different from previous things I've read about vampires.  Most important, who can resist a love story of that nature? It's like watching The Notebook, you get so wrapped up in the love story!  The previews I've seen of the movie seems great, I'm sure the book will be better (isn't the book ALWAYS better?) but I love seen characters come to life! I hope they can make 4 movies out of the series, I hate it when they leave ya hanging in that nature!

Cheers!

Trisha

"I'm gonna live forever, or die trying."
- Joseph Heller (Catch 22)
New User
Tajah
0 Kudos

I love the Twilight Series. This series is one of the best reading experiences i have had (and that's saying alot). It grabs and hold on to you and even after it lets you go, you want to go back for more (i just cant seem to let go).

The series revamped vampires. This new version makes more sense to me (i still like the old ones though). Anyways, i'm anxiously waiting for the movie and was anxiously waiting for Midnight Sun, but thats been put on hold indefinately. I hope it don't stay that way forever.

New User
Michelle_75
0 Kudos

I was first introduced to the Twilight series in July and finished all 4 books within 2 weeks. we're already palnning on seeing the movie opening weekend. We're in oour 30's BTW. The uncompleted Midnight Sun book is on Meyer's website and (forme) is even better than Twilight. I loved Edward's side of the story. I hope she changes her mind and finishes the book but I am looking forward to more stories from her. The Host was also great and geared more towards adults. I highly recommend reading that. Heard there might be a sequel too.
Michelle_75
Author
LauraGriffin
0 Kudos

I just finished Twilight and New Moon, and loved both stories. Anyone know the release date for the upcoming movie?

Learn more about One Wrong Step and One Last Breath.
Contributor
TinkPink80
0 Kudos

November 21st :smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
Deliciouskiss2u
0 Kudos

I thought it was on December 12 or 21st ??????

TEAM EDWARD!!!!!"hell's not so bad if you get to keep an angel with you."- Edward Cullen

Alicia Maria
Contributor
TinkPink80
0 Kudos

It was, but HP and the Half Blood Prince was supposed to premiere in November 08, which was pushed back to July 09....that left the door wide open for Twilight to move up a month for it's premiere.  Works out great for us Potter fans that are Twilighters as well! Can't wait to see both of them.

Happy Reading,

Trisha

New User
Bellairishangel
0 Kudos

I love the Twilight Series.  I'm in my mid 30's and these books are just as addicting to an adult as they are to the young adults and teens.  These are a must read.  Harry Potter fans have a new love and its Vampires, Lol.....
Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

I'm knew to both the HP series and the Twilight series.  In fact I read both entire series just this year.  I love them both for different reasons.  These are not at all alike and yet some say that Twilight is the new HP.  I wonder why?
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

the_mad_chatter wrote:
I'm knew to both the HP series and the Twilight series.  In fact I read both entire series just this year.  I love them both for different reasons.  These are not at all alike and yet some say that Twilight is the new HP.  I wonder why?

I think they say that not necessarily because of content, but because of how excited the readership is about the books.
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

I read Twilight and liked it, now I am moving on to New Moon.  I have the other books in my to be read pile.
Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

The first chapter of New Moon is perhaps the best opening of a second book ever!  And I'm not making that claim lightly. 

Wordsmith
twilightfann
0 Kudos

I love New Moon, too. It seems like it's everyone's least favorite of the series because of what happened in chapter three (lol i dont want to spoil it for people who havent read it yet) but I thought the book was so powerfully written. I seriously could not stop crying in chpt. 3 ! The whole series is amazing.
The persons of their world lived in an atmosphere of faint implications and pale delicacies, and the fact that he and she understood each other without a word seemed to the young man to bring them nearer than any explanation would have done.
-The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

TWILIGHT!

oh my edward. this for for real my life guys!

i love it.

&she thanks Jesus for the daises and the roses(:
-jars of clay
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

twilightfann wrote:
I love New Moon, too. It seems like it's everyone's least favorite of the series because of what happened in chapter three (lol i dont want to spoil it for people who havent read it yet) but I thought the book was so powerfully written. I seriously could not stop crying in chpt. 3 ! The whole series is amazing.

I have read Twilight but none of the other books in the series. Now I'm trying to keep myself from opening New Moon to chapter 3 to see what happens!
New User
Sailor
0 Kudos

I totally agree Mightnight Sun is better than twilight. I am so sad that it does not look like another book will be coming out from the twilight series.
New User
chaz
0 Kudos

The book was absolutely wonderful. I've read Eclipse, New Moon, Twlight, and the newest release Breaking Dawn; these books are extremely interesting, hopelessly romantic, suspense filled, and just beautiful. I'm sad to see the sequel come to an end.
New User
mbdepriest
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I read this series in a week.  I absolutely loved it.  I am 27 years old and could not put this down.  I can't wait till the movie comes out.  I even went out and bought the box set.  After reading them through once i read all of them again 2 more times.  So I read them three times in a row.  I really hope she continues writing Midnight Sun even though it is on hold.  I read what she has written and think that it will be as good as the others.
Message Edited by mbdepriest on 11-05-2008 01:50 PM
New User
mbdepriest
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
One more thing that I heard about the movie is that they are going to keep filming.  Like in January '09 they are going to start the filming for New Moon so it can come out in Nov/Dec '09 and keep it going like that.  That is just what I heard and not really sure if it is true.  They said they wanted to keep it going so the actors/actresses don't look too different (age wise) in each film.
Message Edited by mbdepriest on 11-05-2008 01:49 PM