Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Deliciouskiss2u
0 Kudos

Re: Twilight---Stephenie Meyer

Well I'm such a nerd lol I went out and searched for a TEAM EDWARD shirt, now I have 3 one that says just twilight, another with the character that's playing Edward and then another that just says team Edward lol....I'm obsessed with the books really.... Im re reading them again now before twilight comes out lol !!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT....

plus its always good to reread a book to see things you might have missed the first 20 times lol

TEAM EDWARD!!!!!"hell's not so bad if you get to keep an angel with you."- Edward Cullen

Alicia Maria
Contributor
alexis_kirsty
0 Kudos

"hell's not so bad if you get to keep an angel with you"

mmm thats Emmett's line - hes talking about rosalie when she was runnig with him to carslisle to save him while he thought he was dead...

or did you know that? team emmett? personally emmett is my favorite

TEAM EMMETT!!! (down with rosalie!...)

New User
chip2003
0 Kudos

Hey... Yeah I am a guy too.. I watched the movie... It rocks.. Lots of awesome action.. I want to read the book and stuff... So I ordered it and I should get it soon!
Contributor
Vampyr16
0 Kudos

I've read all the Twilight books, and I love the series. Granted the 2nd book was slightly depressing and the 3rd book was just jacked up!, but still I liked all the books. The movie is awesome too. I saw it twice, laugh out loud.
"Do you think I'll ever get better at this?" I wondered, mostly to myself. "That my heart might someday stop trying to jump out of my chest whenever you touch me?" - Bella

"I really hope not." He said a bit smugly. - Edward
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Did everyone who saw the movie like it?
New User
mbdepriest
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I saw the movie and was disappointed.  I think that they left out parts of the book that were key and it was kind of cheesy.  Some of the acting was way overdone and they didn't get into how intense Bells and Edwards relationship was.  I wish that they would of stuck to the book more that they did.  It wasn't a bad movie, but I think that they could of made it a lot better. 
Message Edited by mbdepriest on 11-25-2008 11:57 AM
Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

I actually wrote a review about the movie for a small local newspaper.  Here it is...

Twilight:  The Movie and the Movie Experience. 

Remember that boy who made your heart stop every time you saw him?  Remember how your dreams were consumed by him and your days were  incomplete unless you had that ever elusive glimpse?  Remember how your parents told you “NO” while your brain kept screaming “YES”?  Well, welcome to the world of Twilight and the romantic tension inherent in a relationship where the perfect boy happens to be the ultimate bad boy-a vampire.   The movie begins with Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) moving from Phoenix to the cloudy town of Forks, WA to live with her father Charlie.  As she navigates this new town and school, Bella crosses paths with Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) of the beautiful and mysterious Cullen clan.  Edward and Bella are instantly aware of each other and the first 30 minutes of the movie are dedicated to Edward’s efforts to stay away from and then repel Bella in a misguided effort to protect her from his dangerous world.   Bella however is ultimately drawn to Edward’s dazzling beauty and mystery.  In the end, Bella’s choice comes down to this:  live without the man she loves or live happily yet  with the ever present knowledge that he thirsts for her blood.  Does this sound like the stuff of great movie-going?  Don’t judge just yet!  Read on.   Twilight is the first book in the crazy popular young adult series written by Stephenie Meyer.  The book fans are serious indeed and will not settle for imperfection from the movie.  I have read the book in anticipation of the movie and was pleased to see that the movie stands on its own very well.  The pros of the movie are Kristen Stewart’s Bella is a stronger person than the book’s version (who could carry on and on about Edward’s beauty a bit too much, even for my taste) and Robert Pattinson plays the “perfect man” with such simply expressed emotion that Edward never becomes a caricature.  The supporting actors are fresh faces and the movie soundtrack was rockin’.  The cons are the low budget  special effects (but the total movie budget was $37 million so you’ll have to ignore those) and a few scenes when the pacing and editing are off kilter. The audience was filled with females age 12 to 60’s with a few men sprinkled about who I’m sure came to the movie because it was date night.  There were gasps, applauds and whistling throughout the showing and it made for a fun night out.  Twilight makes you yearn for all things vampire and may just become your new guilty pleasure.  I say it’s worth the price of admission, the cost of the soundtrack, all 4 books and a Twilight t-shirt!  Go Team Twilight!

Inspired Correspondent
Jacki_S_93
0 Kudos

wow that was good haha i really liked it :smileyhappy:
We are all a little wierd and life's a little wierd, and when we find someone whose wierdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual wierdness and call it love
New User
MelBell
0 Kudos

I just started Breakind Dawn. I don't know what to read when I'm done. Can someone reccomend something? Before I started reading the Twilight Saga, I read the Clique Series. Now I don't want to go back because Twilight has opened so many doors for me. By the way I'm twelve but I'm very mature for my age. I want to read another romantic,suspenseful interesting book that is as absorbing as the books in the Twilight Saga. I'm nervous about the book I pick because I REALLY don't want to be disappointed! Oh and I would prefer books published 2005 or later. Don't ask why-I just would.

Is the Vampire Academy series any good?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Have you read Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely or Ink Exchange?  What about Libba Bray's trilogy starting with A Great and Terrible Beauty?
New User
VampireKisserEC
0 Kudos

Good Job... I have seen the movie 4 times in Theaders.. And I also have a copy of the DVD bc my sister lives in New York and on ChinaTown they were selling copies of it...
Contributor
ReneeVincent
0 Kudos

I saw the movie twice, and while I loved it, I would have liked to see them stick more with the book and show more of the relationship between Edward and Bella - as someone said above.  That to me was also disappointing. 

But I was more impressed with the movie's version of the "first kiss" as opposed to Stephanie Meyers' rendition.  The movie seemed more erotic and what a first kiss would have been like between them two.  I must admit I preferred that alternate scene change.

And I also must admit, I am Team Edward.

New User
GothicVampire613
0 Kudos

Ithink the Twilight  books are a true legend. I thank Stephenie Meyer so much for writing them. I have already read all for books & yes, i must side with team Edward. I love Jacob's personality of course. For all you who haven't read it & like romance, yet action read it. Yay vampires!!![[espeacially the Cullens]]... xD