Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
JV1215
0 Kudos

Two great series...Nothing else compares!! Recommendations please :)

I just finished Singh's Guild Hunter series (books out there so far). I absolutely loved Raphael and Elena. Another pair that I am obsessed with are Cat and Bones from Frost's Night Huntress Series. Are there any other series (or books) out there that have similar H/h? I was recommended the Mercy Thompson and Riley Jensen series, but did not like either. I like the heroine to have a steady Hero from the first book. Any recommendations would be most welcome. Thanks to all!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Two great series...Nothing else compares!! Recommendations please :)

Reader
JV1215
0 Kudos

Thanks for the recommendations. I will check them out!

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

becke_davis wrote:

Chosen by Blood 

Chosen by Fate 

Raziel 

Demon     

Thanks for the recommendations becke. I'm not much of a romance reader, so I'd appreciate it if you could tell me if either series also delivers excellent adventure and/or action. 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dalnewt wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Chosen by Blood 

Chosen by Fate 

Raziel 

Demon     

Thanks for the recommendations becke. I'm not much of a romance reader, so I'd appreciate it if you could tell me if either series also delivers excellent adventure and/or action. 

Both of these series have action, heat and romance. You might also want to check out Kresley Cole and J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood books. Both are also REALLY good. Have you read Nalini Singh's Psy series? Also really good.

For something different, try this one:

The Iron Duke  

And I love this series:

The Smoke Thief (Drakon Series #1) 

The Dream Thief (Drakon Series #2) 

Queen of Dragons (Drakon Series #3) 

The Treasure Keeper (Drakon Series #4) 

The Time Weaver (Drakon Series #5)      

If you want paranormal with a strong romance, try Virginia Kantra:

Sea Witch (Children of the Sea Series #1) 

Sea Fever (Children of the Sea Series #2) 

Sea Lord (Children of the Sea Series #3) 

Immortal Sea (Children of the Sea Series #4) 

Forgotten Sea (Children of the Sea Series #5) 

Shifter 

Burning Up        

Inspired Contributor
Yonina_Dove
0 Kudos

I just discovered Raziel by Kristina Douglas, i haven't read it yet but can't wait to dive in! I'm glad there's a recommendation for it!

Thanks!

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables me to laugh at life's realities.”
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Yonina_Dove wrote:

I just discovered Raziel by Kristina Douglas, i haven't read it yet but can't wait to dive in! I'm glad there's a recommendation for it!

Thanks!

RAZIEL and DEMON are both on my "keeper" shelf!