Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 2
Joe-_-19
0 Kudos

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT LORA LEIGH?

[ Edited ]

SOME PEOPLE TOLD ME THAT SHE IS AN EXCELLENT WRITER FOR EROTIC ROMANCE...IS THAT TRUE? WHICH BOOK IS THE HOTTER? I WANT TO BUY SOME BOOKS BUT I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE I SHOULD BUY YET...THANKS

...Fear Always Springs From Ignorance...
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT LORA LEIGH?

Hi Joe,

Again, you should search these threads because there's been a lot of talk about Lora Leigh. She's very popular here on the boards, and is also known for hotter romances.

Melanie

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

I have read different series of hers and I would have to say that I still personally like the Bound Hearts series. There are some older books but I started with Wicked Pleasure then went on to Only Pleasure, the next one is Guilty Pleasure and comes out in Jan 2010. Cameron and Chase are a wicked duo you wont be disappointed. Lora Leigh is erotic though so if you are looking from something with a softer approach to it I would try a different author such as Lori Foster.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Contributor
C3_1991
0 Kudos

Joe - I've read most of the Breed Series.  I liked Tanner's Scheme and Dawn's Awakening the best.  Overall, I feel the books a bit repetitive... entertaining, but not totally original.

New User
smkash
0 Kudos

Lora Leigh is a fantastic Erotic writer!  Her books are very graphic and detailed and hot.  You might also want to check out Trista Ann Michaels, and Maya Banks.  They all write along the same genre and are all fantastic.  Wicked Pleasure from Lora Leigh, Be With Me from Maya Banks, and Their One and Only from Trista Ann Michaels are my top suggestions.

Contributor
clreader
0 Kudos

Ok Just read my first of Leigh's erotica-loved the SEAL series-and I am really trying to wrap my mind around the fact that these are great men who love their women BUT want to share them.  I know they try not to say it like that but they are letting another man f their wife-what if she decides she likes the friend better?  I'm comparing these characters to some of her others and Feehan's males who are so violently possessive.  Any thoughts?

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

clreader wrote:

Ok Just read my first of Leigh's erotica-loved the SEAL series-and I am really trying to wrap my mind around the fact that these are great men who love their women BUT want to share them.  I know they try not to say it like that but they are letting another man f their wife-what if she decides she likes the friend better?  I'm comparing these characters to some of her others and Feehan's males who are so violently possessive.  Any thoughts?

You will learn as you read more and more of Lora Leigh that she pretty much always has the trait of "sharing" the one woman with two-three other males. This is something she does whether it is her SEAL series, The Bound Heart books, The Nauti Boy series. I think it offers a different side to romance but at the same time the men that Leigh creates are strong and they are also possessive of their women just like some of the authors you mentioned. Leigh's male characters are all about protecting the woman they love at all costs, the reason for the "sharing" is because sometimes the man is scared of a full on commitment with the woman they know they could fall hardest in life for. They don't want to hold all of her heart at first so they "share" her with another male so that they can keep a barrier around their heart. Eventually as you probably have already seen they let down the barrier to fully commit to the woman who owns their heart. You say that Leigh's male characters are not possessive but infact they could be seen as more possessive than any male characters by any romance author. The wives of these men that share would never leave their husband for the other male because they had to work hard to earn their husband's heart and soul. Both the men and women in the couple are devoted to each other.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Lexa555 wrote:

clreader wrote:

You will learn as you read more and more of Lora Leigh that she pretty much always has the trait of "sharing" the one woman with two-three other males. This is something she does whether it is her SEAL series, The Bound Heart books, The Nauti Boy series. I think it offers a different side to romance but at the same time the men that Leigh creates are strong and they are also possessive of their women just like some of the authors you mentioned. Leigh's male characters are all about protecting the woman they love at all costs, the reason for the "sharing" is because sometimes the man is scared of a full on commitment with the woman they know they could fall hardest in life for. They don't want to hold all of her heart at first so they "share" her with another male so that they can keep a barrier around their heart. Eventually as you probably have already seen they let down the barrier to fully commit to the woman who owns their heart. You say that Leigh's male characters are not possessive but infact they could be seen as more possessive than any male characters by any romance author. The wives of these men that share would never leave their husband for the other male because they had to work hard to earn their husband's heart and soul. Both the men and women in the couple are devoted to each other.

Great analysis, Lexa.
Contributor
clreader

Good points, but at the time of sharing it seems some of the women might feel like after all this time he is still ok with another man touching his woman- some having been married years and still their man isn't fully claiming them.  In the book I read, he started feeling possessive before the act and decided after the act that he was in fact too possessive to continue sharing with his cousins.  That makes me think that he wasn't really possessive of her before when he was thinking and planning for their foursome.  And this character, Rowdy, never had thoughts that he was afraid to open his heart.  I could not BELIEVE he admitted to her that he wanted his cousins there for her first time!  He then went on to say a woman's first time was special and it bounded her to that lover. When she was shocked asked him if he wanted her to have that bond with his cousins he didn't comment.  I really wanted him to address that.  It seems a truly possessive and in love man would not want her to feel anything or have any bond with another man.  And really, why do they need to be having sex to protect her?  I'm not trying to be argumentative, I really like her books and her writing, her scenes are some of the hottest if not the hottest and I don't want this to bug me.  

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555

clreader wrote:

Good points, but at the time of sharing it seems some of the women might feel like after all this time he is still ok with another man touching his woman- some having been married years and still their man isn't fully claiming them.  In the book I read, he started feeling possessive before the act and decided after the act that he was in fact too possessive to continue sharing with his cousins.  That makes me think that he wasn't really possessive of her before when he was thinking and planning for their foursome.  And this character, Rowdy, never had thoughts that he was afraid to open his heart.  I could not BELIEVE he admitted to her that he wanted his cousins there for her first time!  He then went on to say a woman's first time was special and it bounded her to that lover. When she was shocked asked him if he wanted her to have that bond with his cousins he didn't comment.  I really wanted him to address that.  It seems a truly possessive and in love man would not want her to feel anything or have any bond with another man.  And really, why do they need to be having sex to protect her?  I'm not trying to be argumentative, I really like her books and her writing, her scenes are some of the hottest if not the hottest and I don't want this to bug me.  

I know the book in particular that you are talking about its the first book in the Nauti Boy series. I have also read that book and it was probably the book that I liked least of hers. I thought that Rowdy was conflicted the whole time as you explained. He wanted to possess her and not share one second then another second he wanted to have his cousins in on it. I remember that by the end he really hadn't let his cousins touch her a whole lot. They don't have to share the women to protect them it is just a characteristic of these males. They in her Bound Hearts series do it because they at first need to protect their heart, that is not really the case in the Nauti Boy series. I would say that to help you understand the sharing better you should read Forbidden Pleasure  Wicked Pleasure  Only Pleasure  Guilty Pleasure. I think that if you still don't understand the sharing after those books then you either accept that the sharing happens or you read another author. (I'm not trying to be rude its just somethings can't be fully explained. Every human on the planet is different, every male different from another)   If every male was the same then women might as well marry the first boyfriend they ever had because every male would have the same characteristics. Just something to think about.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Contributor
clreader
0 Kudos

Thanks, that was helpful.

Contributor
goodcupateaRR
0 Kudos

Been looking for new erotic authors and will look up Trista Ann Michaels and Maya Banks.  Thanks for the help.

A comfy chair, a good read and a hot cup a tea.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

A friend of me just read this book and agrees that it is AMAZING:

Wicked Burn

Contributor
jcbowen
0 Kudos

Love the Nauti Series.  You can't go wrong with that one.  Her Tempting Seals series is really good too.