Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
BooksRPam
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Sneak Peek: Romance!

Vermontcozy wrote:

Glad I was confirmed..Looking forward to our discussions..A good choice...Would like that Profession..for me...I also read Debbie McComber ,Maggie Sefton,and my favorite'Three Sisters Island Trilogy'Nora Roberts,.. Glad BN is expanding their choices...VTC

I loved the THREE SISTERS TRILOGY.  Sometimes Nora becomes a little too formulaic for me, but I loved that trilogy.  Hope this "Sneak Peek" is an exciting read!

Pam
Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.   I'm Mary Ann and just signed up for the Sneak Peek.   Hope I am accepted - love B&N's bookclubs.

Distinguished Correspondent
coffee_luvr
0 Kudos

Hello-

I am fairly new to the online bookclubs.  I am really looking forward to reading this selection and the follow up discussions.  I read a variety of genres including historical fiction, classics, mysteries, etc.  I can't say that I have a favorite romance author but am interested to see what other readers say are their favorites.  I might just find a new favorite author.

Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. ~Barbara Tuchman
Inspired Contributor
tweezle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Melanie!

I'm new to the club (actually my first book club ever) and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I've made it in time to request a copy. I'm looking forward to reading this with everyone.

Theresa

“Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.” - Mason Cooley
**3 NOOKS with 3 separate accounts in one household.**
Contributor
nikkinizzle
0 Kudos

Hey all! I'm fairly new to the B&N book club scene but I can't wait peruse the boards and see what I find! As far as a favorite romance author, I can't really say that I have one, although Nora Robert does come to mind. :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
Beguile_Thy_Sorrow
0 Kudos

it's Romance & Psychic matchmaking, and possibly past lives?!

I couldnt pass this up!

Now, just waiting on a confirmation now.... hope I get an ARC! *crosses fingers*

"Come, and take choice of all my library,
And so beguile thy sorrow."
~Titus Andronicus, Act IV, Scene 1: Shakespeare
Frequent Contributor
spicy_t
0 Kudos

Hello!  I am new here.  Just signed up to get Truly, Madly Deeply...atleast I  hope I did!  I had alot of trouble! lol...I love to read...all genres...my fave romance authors?  Of course Nora Roberts, Danielle Steele, S. Brown...I sure hope I get the book...if not, I will check the other boards and see what I can get into!  Thanks!

Tammy

Tammy
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray, ReadingPatti, here. I signed up yeterday and waiting for my confirmation. I hope that it went through. I am excited about this club. It sounds like it is going to be fun.

Looking forward to getting my comfimation.

ReadingPatti

Contributor
Crazy-for-Books
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!!  I just found out I was accepted and I am so excited!!  This is my first time at B&N Book Clubs and I can't wait to discuss this book with you!  Has anyone read the cozy mysteries by Victoria Laurie called Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye?  They are primarily mysteries, with a hint of romance thrown in.  They are about a psychic who solves crimes.  I highly recommend them!  I was so excited to see a book about a psychic matchmaker!  It sounds so interesting!

I used to read Harlequins constantly, but I've gotten away from them in the last couple of years.  I enjoy Nora Roberts, Debbie Macomber, Jill Shalvis, among others.  I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Best,

Jennifer

Come visit my book blog:
http://www.crazy-for-books.com
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I'm so glad to have everyone here: non-romance readers, former romance readers, book-club newbies. This will be a great two weeks!

Frequent Contributor
cmmn
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!  I just received my confirmation.  I can't wait to start reading.  I love finding new authors.  I'm an eclectic reader but my favorite romance writers are Nora Robert (especially the trilogies), Debbie Macomber and Maggie Sefton.  I look forward to some great discussions.

Inspired Contributor
lg4154
0 Kudos

I just received my confirmation, yeay! I am so excited to participate in this. I have had several First Look discussions and I like the sneak peak idea very much. It looks like the book is going to be great! My favorite authors are Nicholas Sparks, Emily Giffin, Charlotte Hughes, and Janet Evanovich.

Reader 4
catlover0908
0 Kudos

I was just confirmed too...yippee!!! I've been looking forward to this book for a long time. When should we be receiving it?

Frequent Contributor
AIRKNITTER
0 Kudos

Good Day, one and all..This does sound like a book that will be a fun read. I am really looking forward to the discussion. Although my favorite romance authors are all dead, now is the time to be introduced to today's romance authors.

Children are the living message we send to a time we will not see.
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

BooksRPam wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Glad I was confirmed..Looking forward to our discussions..A good choice...Would like that Profession..for me...I also read Debbie McComber ,Maggie Sefton,and my favorite'Three Sisters Island Trilogy'Nora Roberts,.. Glad BN is expanding their choices...VTC

I loved the THREE SISTERS TRILOGY.  Sometimes Nora becomes a little too formulaic for me, but I loved that trilogy.  Hope this "Sneak Peek" is an exciting read!

Three Sisters.Just enough Romance and Cool Witchery.The powers that be here know their readers,so surely the book will not disappoint,,,,,,Love your Stephen King Quote..Although a great writer,his Books  are far too scarey for moi......Enjoy...Vtc

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Correspondent
retromom
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

retromom wrote:

I signed up yesterday and am waiting to see if I get confirmed as this looks like a great romantic book. My first favorite romance author is Danielle Steele who I started reading probably right after high school. I enjoy Debbie Macomber and Nora Roberts. I also enjoy Christian romance.

Welcome to Romantic Reads, Beth. Debbie Macomber is a favorite of mine, too. She's visiting CenterStage next week to chat about her new inspirational nonfiction book, One Simple Act, but she'll be talking about all her romances, too.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will be sure to check out Debbie Macomber's visit. I like inspirational books too and have been wanting to pick up One Simple Act. I think I'll do that before she visits. Thanks for the heads up Melanie!

Beth

http://bookaholicmom.blogspot.com/
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

retromom wrote:

Melanie_Murray wrote:

retromom wrote:

I signed up yesterday and am waiting to see if I get confirmed as this looks like a great romantic book. My first favorite romance author is Danielle Steele who I started reading probably right after high school. I enjoy Debbie Macomber and Nora Roberts. I also enjoy Christian romance.

Welcome to Romantic Reads, Beth. Debbie Macomber is a favorite of mine, too. She's visiting CenterStage next week to chat about her new inspirational nonfiction book, One Simple Act, but she'll be talking about all her romances, too.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will be sure to check out Debbie Macomber's visit. I like inspirational books too and have been wanting to pick up One Simple Act. I think I'll do that before she visits. Thanks for the heads up Melanie!

You're very welcome! There seem to be lots of Macomber lovers here, so I hope everybody comes to chat with her!
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

AIRKNITTER wrote:

Good Day, one and all..This does sound like a book that will be a fun read. I am really looking forward to the discussion. Although my favorite romance authors are all dead, now is the time to be introduced to today's romance authors.

Oh, this made me laugh, AIRKNITTER! We must turn you on to some living romance writers!
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Hey everybody,

Some of you have asked what the next step is. The books will ship sometime next week, and the discussion will begin on December 7th. I'll post the discussion threads before then, during the first week of December.

Melanie

Frequent Contributor
sylvia387
0 Kudos

Just received my confirm.  Yay!

I have read five previous ARCs through First Look, but look forward to the lighter, shorter discussion.

I am currently reading the new John Irving novel.  Some of my favorite romance writers include Sandra Brown, Nora Roberts, Heather Graham, and Debbie Macomber.

Look forward to chatting with everyone.

Sylvia

No expectations..No disappointments