Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

HBT
Inspired Contributor
HBT
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Sneak Peek: Romance!

I have been confirmed! I cannot wait to receive the book and start reading it. This is my first time participating in a book club. I hope it is as fun as everyone told me it is!

New User
casstastic
0 Kudos

I was confirmed this morning - I can't wait! Glad I'm not the only newbie as well.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon, Beautiful Boy
Distinguished Correspondent
PB684
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm Paula and I live on Long Island. I am new to this genre but I have participated in many First Look selections.(I'm sure many of you will recognise me). I am excited to be on board with all of you and look forward to getting the book and starting the discussion!:smileyhappy:

PB684
Inspired Contributor
tweezle
0 Kudos

YAY!! I also have received my confirmation :smileyvery-happy: I'm really looking forward to this.

Theresa

“Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.” - Mason Cooley
**3 NOOKS with 3 separate accounts in one household.**
Frequent Contributor
AllieK
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Howdy all, from Missouri!!

Just got my confirmation!! Looking forward to a good romance!! I love many types of 'romance' books! Ones that include mysteries or paranormal or historical or western type romances!! I use to read Rosanne Bittner books all the time. Debbie Macomber is always a good read too! Lately I've really like the time travel romances that are out there!

Well, I am looking forward to getting the book and chatting with you all!

Allison

http://allisonsatticblog.blogspot.com

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

ENROLLMENT IS NOW CLOSED

If you received you're confirmation, your book will ship next week, and the discussion begins December 7th on this board. See you then!

Please keep a look out for future Sneak Peek books.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Here's more on Heather's book and some advance praise too!

"TRULY, MADLY is a fast-moving and funny love story full of sweet surprises."
-Susan Donovan, author of The Girl Most Likely To...

Lucy Valentine is as smart as can be, as single as you can get, and so not qualified to run a matchmaking service. But when her parents temporarily step down from the family business, Valentine, Inc., it's Lucy's turn to step up and help out-in the name of love.

Plus, her rent is due.

Here's the problem: Lucy doesn't have the knack for matchmaking. According to family legend, every Valentine has been blessed by Cupid with the ability to read "auras" and pair up perfect couples. But not Lucy. Her skills were zapped away years ago in an electrical surge, and now all she can do is find lost objects. What good is that in the matchmaking world? You'd be surprised. In a city like Boston, everyone's looking for something. So when Lucy locates a missing wedding ring-on a dead body-she asks the sexy private eye who lives upstairs to help her solve the perfect crime. And who knows? Maybe she'll find the perfect love while she's at it...

"With characters that sparkle like diamonds on the page,
THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE VALENTINE!"

-Beth Harbison, author of Shoe Addicts Anonymous and Hope in a Jar

Inspired Correspondent
libralady
0 Kudos

Sounds great. Can't wait to receive the book and get started! 

"Sow today what you want to reap tomorrow"
Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I just received my confirmation! Yay! I'm so excited to get the opportunity to participate in this book club and revisit the romance genre again. A few years back almost all I read was romance novels and I've drifted away from them for awhile, so I can't wait to begin reading Truly, Madly. This book looks really good! A big welcome to everyone who got their confirmation! I see lots of familiar names and some new ones too. I'm sure this club will be lots of fun and I can't wait to discuss this book with all of you!

April
PiperMurphy
0 Kudos

AllieK wrote:

Howdy all, from Missouri!!

Just got my confirmation!! Looking forward to a good romance!! I love many types of 'romance' books! Ones that include mysteries or paranormal or historical or western type romances!! I use to read Rosanne Bittner books all the time. Debbie Macomber is always a good read too! Lately I've really like the time travel romances that are out there!

Well, I am looking forward to getting the book and chatting with you all!

Allison

http://allisonsatticblog.blogspot.com

Hi Allison,

I used to read Rosanne Bittner too. She was one of my favorites. Thanks for the reminder, it may be time to reread some of her books.

"When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
~Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus~
DebsScott
0 Kudos

I have been confirmed! YES!

In the past, I've participated on several First Look boards and have been active on the Harry Potter book clubs.  It has always been so much fun to get other people's input, views and opinions on books that I have enjoyed (or not enjoyed sometimes :smileywink:  ).  Reading is such a passion for me and I love discovering new authors and their amazing writing talents.  I can't wait to begin! 

~Debs~
"And now Harry, let us go out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."
~Professor Albus Dumbledore
Frequent Contributor
Rabid_Reader
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I've been a part of a few First Looks now, even a new YA one recently, and I'm exstatic to be a part of the new sneak peek program! I love how Barnes and Noble is expanding the First Look program which is already such a great program in and of itself! I'll be popping onto the boards to chat with you all in between papers, and the stack of reading material I have set aside for myself. An english majors work is never done! I can't wait to receive my book and start discussing it with you all!

Rabid_Reader

Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
EiLvReedn
0 Kudos

Wow! I'm in. I have participated in one first look club so this is my first romance. I'm pretty excited. Can't wait to get the book.

Kim

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul..Sounds like a really good fun change,with a twist or two,or three.Good response to a New Idea...keep them coming...VermontCozy

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Contributor
Texan09
0 Kudos

Hello all! This is the first time I've been part of a book club, and I can't wait to start! I love books of all types, but romance novels were where I got hooked! My favorite romance authors include Nora Roberts, Debbie Macomber, and LaVyrle Spencer. I can't wait to start reading and discussing what looks to be a very interesting book!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray, I just got my confirmation for Sneak Peak. I am sorry I send two sign ups. I was not sure that my first one went through. I apologize.

ReadingPatti

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, it's so good to see so many familiar avatars from First Look and some new members too. I think this will be a fun time and a great read can't wait.

Reader
Rachbrooke
0 Kudos

I received my confirmation and am very excited to be a part of this book club. As a women in her early 20s I find it hard to find friends that are interested in reading as much as I am. I read everything, but love romance novels. From historical romances that take you back to another time and place, to contemporary novels by authors like Nora Roberts that showcase strong women and clever dialogue, romances have always provided entertainment and a break from everyday life. I love how even in my short lifetime, romances and fiction have evolved and thanks to authors like Stephenie Meyers, Charlainne Harris, Nora Roberts and a host of others, books have become "cool" again. I believe there is true comfort in curling up with a book.

I am excited to receive Truly, Madly and participate in the discussion. This is my first book club and I am interested to see others opinions about the read.

Thanks!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Thanks, Paul! I am looking forward to having something light to read and this sounds perfect. :smileywink:

PaulH wrote:

Here's more on Heather's book and some advance praise too!

"TRULY, MADLY is a fast-moving and funny love story full of sweet surprises."
-Susan Donovan, author of The Girl Most Likely To...

Lucy Valentine is as smart as can be, as single as you can get, and so not qualified to run a matchmaking service. But when her parents temporarily step down from the family business, Valentine, Inc., it's Lucy's turn to step up and help out-in the name of love.

Plus, her rent is due.

Here's the problem: Lucy doesn't have the knack for matchmaking. According to family legend, every Valentine has been blessed by Cupid with the ability to read "auras" and pair up perfect couples. But not Lucy. Her skills were zapped away years ago in an electrical surge, and now all she can do is find lost objects. What good is that in the matchmaking world? You'd be surprised. In a city like Boston, everyone's looking for something. So when Lucy locates a missing wedding ring-on a dead body-she asks the sexy private eye who lives upstairs to help her solve the perfect crime. And who knows? Maybe she'll find the perfect love while she's at it...

"With characters that sparkle like diamonds on the page,
THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE VALENTINE!"

-Beth Harbison, author of Shoe Addicts Anonymous and Hope in a Jar

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com