Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to Sneak Peek: Romance!

Hey everyone:

Here's the link to Heather Webber's website if you want to read up about her.

And, there are great quotes for the book there:

"A delightful protagonist and a clever premise combine to make this one of the most entertaining books I've read in months. Lucy is someone whose
adventures you'll want to follow again and again."
--Charlaine Harris

"Lucy Valentine is as comic and romantic as her name implies, not to mention engaging, sexy, and smart. She has an otherworldy knack for finding lost objects, and will undoubtedly find her creator, Heather Webber, many new fans."
--Harley Jane Kozak
Agatha, Anthony & Macavity-award winning author of A Date You Can't Refuse

Distinguished Correspondent
Bonnie_C
0 Kudos

The book sounds like it will be totally fun.  I'm looking forward to the discussion with everyone from the new comers to the seasoned board participants.

Bonnie

Reader 4
Niki822
0 Kudos

I'm new to this site and looking forward to reading and discussing the book. My favorite romance authors include Maggie Shayne and PC Cast.

Contributor
carol_fa
0 Kudos

Hi Melanie,

I got an email from you to sign up and it said it was closed? Was I too late?

Thanks

Carol

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

carol_fa wrote:

Hi Melanie,

I got an email from you to sign up and it said it was closed? Was I too late?

Thanks

Carol

Yes, carol_fa, unfortunately, all the copies are spoken for. So sorry!

Contributor
gotjack28
0 Kudos

I signed up and still haven't received a confirmation. 

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

gotjack28 wrote:

I signed up and still haven't received a confirmation. 

You should have a confimation PM (the envelope to the right of your user info).

Frequent Contributor
spicy_t
0 Kudos

Oh my goodness!  I got confirmed!  Woo Hoo!  I didn't see it yesterday and I thought I wasn't and I was so bummed!  Then today I see I was!  This is my first bookclub!  I am so excited!  (It's the little things that get me goin!  ;D)  Thanks so much for the opportunity to read this book!  Can't wait!

Tammy
Correspondent
Rosei
0 Kudos

Got my confirmation!!! Thanks :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
AIRKNITTER
0 Kudos

Thanks for this link Melanie.

Hey everyone:

Children are the living message we send to a time we will not see.
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

AIRKNITTER wrote:

Thanks for this link Melanie.

Hey everyone:

Thanks Melanie and AIRKNITTER..like the slight edge of Chapter one..looking forward to this new Series..Fresh is what comes to mind....Vtc... Good Weekend to all

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

Liisa is doing her Happy Dance!!   Love to see that yellow envelope with a message-- Confirmed! 

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
tabcat
0 Kudos

Got confirmation for the Sneak Peek.  I've participated in several First Looks and really enjoyed discussing them with the other B & N members. I mostly read Mysteries, but enjoy a light romance with mystery or paranormal tones.  I like Barbara Bretton's Casting Spells & Laced w/Magic.  Also enjoyed Karen White's Charleston series. I'm looking forward to reading and discussing Truly, Madly!

Teresa

EC
Frequent Contributor
EC
0 Kudos

Hi!

I got confirmed & cannot wait to start. I love to read!

Some of the romance novel authors I love are Sandra Brown, Nora Roberts, & Danielle Steele.

Look forward to the reading & discussions.

EC

Contributor
elle21
0 Kudos

Hi, this will be my first time with First Look/Sneak Peek. I'm not usually into paranormal romance but this sounded like a fun read. I started reading romance about a year and half, two years ago - not sure if I have fave romance authors, but I've read a lot of Lisa Kleypas historicals and I liked both Julie James contemporaries so far.

Contributor
tigger27
0 Kudos

I tend to read different types of books for a while and then get sick of that genre and switch to another type.  I've been reading mysteries or chic lit lately so a good romance will be great.  I like the First Look and now this Sneak Peek type book clubs because it opens my eyes to different authors.  I've found a few authors that I really like and will buy another book should they write something again. 

Shelly

Frequent Contributor
Lildove3
0 Kudos

Hi Mel...really excited about  "Sneak Peak"...I do many First Look arc's, so this is a pleasant surprise

to be taking part of another type of discussion group. Thankyou for allowing me to part take.

Can't wait to get the book and start reading!!!  :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I got confirmed and have been waiting for a thread on First Look.  Duh, tonight I searched by the title of the book and found you all. 

I like to read a variety of authors and this book sounds like a fun(ny) one.  I think it is going to be a great change after the intensity of The Postmistress.

If you need me, I'll be waiting for the brown truck.  It's raining hard here in Washington and I don't want Truly, Madly to get all wet.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray, When will the books for Sneak Peak be coming. I am anxious to read this book. I have never read anything by this author.

It looks good.

Any news one when the Add Product feature will be fixed. I miss this so much. I love seeing the covers on our posts.

ReadingPatti

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Melanie_Murray, When will the books for Sneak Peak be coming. I am anxious to read this book. I have never read anything by this author.

It looks good.

Any news one when the Add Product feature will be fixed. I miss this so much. I love seeing the covers on our posts.

ReadingPatti

ARCs should be going out this week, ReadingPatti. And there's no word on the Add Product button, but I will try to find out what the timeline is for its return.