Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

reader_824 wrote:

Thanks, Anne...another new-to-me author and I'm off to download that one.

I finished 

The Ideal Man  

EXCELLENT!!

I've got THE IDEAL MAN in my TBR pile.

Frequent Contributor
Mommy-Read-Write
0 Kudos

Ravishing in Red (Rarest Blooms Series #1)  Someone in this group recommended Madeline Hunter's The Rarest Blooms series (I think it was Melanie) and I just want to say THANK YOU! I just finished the first one and it is absolutely amazing! I love the all the characters and am so excited to get to the rest of the series.  Ms. Hunter's style is exquisite and beautiful.  If you haven't read her - definitely give her a try.

Now I am going

to read a book that came in for me at the library

Sheery

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."
~ Emilie Buchwald ~
Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Then He Kissed Me (Three Kisses Trilogy #2) 

The Pride of Jared MacKade   

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

becke_davis wrote:

The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (Highland Pleasures Series #3)  

Oh Becke, I'm jealous I love this series

I just finished

Prime Time (Charlotte McNally Series #1)  

it's not too late to come over to General Fiction and say hi to Hank, she's with us all month

for my in person book club I'm reading

The Madonnas of Leningrad  

I'd forgotton how hauntingly full of raw beauty this novel is. It'd definitely worth a re-read if you haven't read it yet.

and I just finished and reviewed

Bannon Brothers  

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2011/08/review-of-trust-book-one-of-bannon.html

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

The Countess  i finally finished chillingworth's story ( all about passion) next would be devil's parents

but...

didnt devil's dad have an affair and henceforth took in scandal(harry)??

so not very romantic...but there must be a twist in there somewhere

moving on to:

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Retribution (Dark-Hunter Series #21)  I'm so excited about this one!

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Remember all you romaniacs that General Fiction is featuring a paranormal romance next month

for our featured read the first in her series staring those buff dragon shape shifters looking for their destined mates.

Come join in, the author will of course be there with us all month- learn what's next - how far the series will go and - what's new

plus enjoy a smoking good read

Kiss of Fire (Dragonfire Series #1)  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Remember all you romaniacs that General Fiction is featuring a paranormal romance next month

for our featured read the first in her series staring those buff dragon shape shifters looking for their destined mates.

Come join in, the author will of course be there with us all month- learn what's next - how far the series will go and - what's new

I'll try to get over there more often, Debbie - I need to go hang out with Hank more, too!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I found a used copy of an old favorite:

Contributor
The-Ladies-Room
0 Kudos

Only Yours (Fool's Gold Series #5)  

I'm so loving Susan's Fools Gold Series.

Montana Hendrix has found her calling—working with therapy dogs. With a career she loves in a hometown she adores, she's finally ready to look for her own happily ever after. Could one of her dogs help her find Mr. Right… or maybe Dr. Right?

Surgeon Simon Bradley prefers the sterility of the hospital to the messiness of real life, especially when real life includes an accident-prone mutt and a woman whose kisses make him want what he knows he can't have. Scarred since childhood, he avoids emotional entanglement by moving from place to place to heal children who need his skillful touch. Can his growing feelings for Montana lead him to find a home in Fool's Gold, or will he walk away, taking her broken heart with him?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

1AnneB
0 Kudos

The Ideal Man 

Agoraphobics in Love   

Hi Everyone - Yesterday, I finished the new Julie Garwood - The Ideal Man. I loved it. Now I'm reading a short book that I downloaded. It was recommended over in Fiction-land - Agoraphobics In Love. So far I'm liking it. Happy Reading...

Anne

dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

I'll try to get over there more often, Debbie - I need to go hang out with Hank more, too!

I hope you do Becke,

Hank Phillipi Ryan will be with us at General Fiction for one more week while we're still discussing our featured read this month

Prime Time (Charlotte McNally Series #1)  

stop by and say hi

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

SEALed with a Ring  

Very enjoyable one in the SEAL series

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Bet Me 

The Promise in a Kiss (Cynster Series)   

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
1AnneB
0 Kudos

The Madonnas of Leningrad  

Hi Everyone - I seem to be on a "fiction kick" I'm reading The Madonnas of Leningrad by Debra Dean. It's a very interesting book and I'm really liking it. Happy Reading...

Anne