Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

1AnneB wrote:

Hi Everyone - Just stopped in to let you all know that I didn't forget you - We arrived in FL on Sunday, but haven't really been online or reading until now - I promise that as of tomorrow, I'll be back in the swing !! Right now I'm reading a Bean Pot book, that I like, but will let you know the name when the contest is over. There are so many new releases that have piled up that I'm itching to get to them !! Hope everyone (Melanie & family included) are well. Happy Reading...

Anne:smileyhappy:

Have a great time, Anne!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I've read two books in a row that gripped me so much I was useless for anything else. REALLY good!

Catch Me (Detective D. D. Warren Series #6) 

The Haunting of Maddy Clare   

Frequent Contributor
katrina25
0 Kudos

Just finished The Duke Is Mine by Eloisa James. So much to read and can't decide what to read next. - Katrina
Frequent Contributor
katrina25
0 Kudos

Alright so I decided on 2 books to read. The Secret Diaries of Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn and Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts. I'm very ambitious! - Katrina
Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Shane's Last Stand (Short Story) 

The Capture of the Earl of Glencrae (Cynster Series)   

Hi Everyone - The weather here is cold (that being a relative term !! ) But they say tomorrow will be 79 - I can handle that !! I finished reading Suzanne Brockmann's short story prequel to her new series - Shane's Last Stand. This new series sounds really GOOD !! I'm now reading Stephanie Lauren's new book - The Capture of The Earl of Glencrae - I love it !! Happy Reading...

Anne

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I was lucky to receive a pre-publication copy of Nora Roberts' upcoming release, THE WITNESS. I have to say, she is on top form with this one. I loved the characters, loved the romance, but it was also VERY suspenseful. I'd call it a romantic thriller, or romantic suspense with a bullet!

It's nearly 500 pages long, and once I started it was almost painful to put it down. I finished it in one day and was useless for anything else. I can't get the characters out of my mind. Definitely one for the keeper shelf!!

The Witness  

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

I was lucky to receive a pre-publication copy of Nora Roberts' upcoming release, THE WITNESS. I have to say, she is on top form with this one. I loved the characters, loved the romance, but it was also VERY suspenseful. I'd call it a romantic thriller, or romantic suspense with a bullet!

It's nearly 500 pages long, and once I started it was almost painful to put it down. I finished it in one day and was useless for anything else. I can't get the characters out of my mind. Definitely one for the keeper shelf!!

The Witness  

I have my copy at the top of the pile, Becke! Glad to hear it's so good - I was going to read it this coming weekend.

Frequent Contributor
katrina25
0 Kudos

I just finished The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn. Soooo good! I couldn't stop reading stayed up late and woke early too finish! I am now on Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts. - Katrina
dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

The Witness  

I just finished over the weekend

Flashfire (Dragonfire Series #7)  

you all know how I feel about Deb's books, this one was excellent

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2012/02/review-of-flashfire-by-deborah-cooke.html

Stop by General Fiction tommorow when we host Lauren Fox as she releases her new novel

Friends Like Us  

and then mark your calendars for my Q&A w/J D Robb next Tuesday at General Fiction to celebrate her 34th in the In Death series Celebrity in Death

Celebrity in Death (In Death Series #34)  

Frequent Contributor
Mommy-Read-Write
0 Kudos

My Wicked Little Lies  Debbie - I'll definitely stop by your Q&A with J.D Robb.  I adore her In geath series and just love, love, LOVE Eve and Roarke.

And Becke - I'm so jealous that you have already read The Witness.  I'm happy to hear that it is such a great book, though! :smileyhappy:

I am currently reading and loving it!

Sheery

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."
~ Emilie Buchwald ~
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Mommy-Read-Write wrote:

My Wicked Little Lies  Debbie - I'll definitely stop by your Q&A with J.D Robb.  I adore her In geath series and just love, love, LOVE Eve and Roarke.

And Becke - I'm so jealous that you have already read The Witness.  I'm happy to hear that it is such a great book, though! :smileyhappy:

I'd say it's one of her best!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Mommy-Read-Write wrote:

Mommy - I also LOVE JD and her series come visit next Tuesday, she may reveal a secret or two to us. :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Jenna's Cowboy is my current choice. The author is Sharon Gillenwater Hmmm...I don't see the place to put in the link to that title.

EDIT: I had to post and then go to EDIT to get the ADD Product and other items tool bar.  Goofy!!

Jenna's Cowboy (Callahans of Texas Series #1)  

Inspired Contributor
Amiee_Novelnose
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Katrina, I hope that you loved the Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever. That was one of her darker books, but I loved it. Turner and Miranda were so lovely, despite when he was such a total jerk. And when she has the child...OOHHHHH! I shamelessly cry everytime I read that. That is actually a book I own( I never buy books unless i have read them and already loved them. Which is why I mentioned it. I go to the library for pretty much everything. As a side note, sometimes I do buy books that I have never read, once in a while to spice things up, lol.)

Savor the moment was my second favorite of the wedding quartet.

I just put a lot of books on hold and one of them was the new Victoria Alexander book. I'm really looking forward to it:smileyhappy:

yesterday i read A Lady Never Surrenders and Tempted Again .

now i'm onto:The Duke Is Mine and i am really hoping to reread Brighter than the Sun (Lyndon Family Saga Series #2) . I first read it a year or two ago and fell in love with this book( which i normal with Julia Quinn). I really hope it gets to the library tomorrow.

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
katrina25
0 Kudos

Hi I just finished An Offer From a Gentleman by Julia Quinn. That was really good. I'm enjoying the Brigerton series! I'm addicted. But I'm still on Savor the Moment which is getting very good but also starting What Happens in London by Julia Quinn. Cheyenne, I balled tears in the Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever During the baby birthing. I loved it! I'm excited to start the 2nd book in the series but want to continue and finish Savor the Moment. I really enjoyed The Duke Is Mine. I can't wait to hear what you think. Back to the books, Katrina
Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

1AnneB
0 Kudos

Animal Magnetism  

Hi Everyone - I've just finished Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis - it's the first book of her's that I have read - I really enjoyed. I've also finished another Brean Pot Contest book - I really have a wide assortment from them ! Happy Reading...

Anne

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

I saw this author post somewhere on these boards and so gave her book a try.  I'm not finished yet, but I'm enjoying it.   Rachel Gibson hooked me on books about hockey and hockey players!

Home Ice