Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

Hi Happy Friday everyone!!!

reader I love Victoria Dahl - have you read her latest series

Bad Boys Do 

Good Girls Don't 

Real Men Will    

right now i'm reading a pre-pubbed that I've been lusting for

The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld Series #9)  

You know there's always a character in a series that you have to find out about, In JR Wards BDB it's definitely Thorment and yeah we get his story next month too, but I can't beg steal or sell my soul for a pre-pubbed copy of that.

Paris is the character from this series that needs to tell his story, he like the Lords and the stories themselves have evolved to become so much more than I ever expected.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

reader_824 wrote:

I saw this author post somewhere on these boards and so gave her book a try.  I'm not finished yet, but I'm enjoying it.   Rachel Gibson hooked me on books about hockey and hockey players!

Home Ice  

That's so funny, reader824! I am reading a good hockey player book, too! I am going to write about it for Heart to Heart next week!

Taking a Shot  

Frequent Contributor
katrina25
0 Kudos

I'm hooked on Julia Quinn. I just finished What Happens In London. Really good! Im still reading thru Savor the Moment but shall also concurrently start Romancing Mr. Brigerton because I'm completely hooked to the Bridgerton series. Up late and reading, Katrina
Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

Becke...oh, yes indeed, I have the Donovan family brewery series on my Nookcolor! 

Melanie...wow...another hockey player one for me to check out. I've enjoyed other Jaci Burton stories.

It seems to be a slow time for new releases of contemporary romance books. I see some good ones coming out at the end of the month... and I'm looking forward to another Virgin River by Carr....and then Rachel Gibson's early titles coming out the end of March...FINALLY. 

Right now I'm reading some older Sandra Brown.  I finished

Hawk O'Toole's Hostage 

and am about 1/2 way through

In a Class by Itself   

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I've read a ton of REALLY good books in the past few weeks. I made the mistake of starting Sophie Kinsella's new book last evening (it was delivered around dinnertime). I never intended to stay up most of the night finishing it, but it was so darn good I couldn't put it down. I laughed out loud in some places, and giggled in several others. Okay, I admit - I have a strange sense of humor. I love books with a strong British voice, which this one has, and I loved the characters. Really, really good!

I've Got Your Number  

It's now on my keeper shelf, next to:

Can You Keep a Secret? 

Remember Me? 

Twenties Girl    

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

Good Girls Do  

I'm just rediscovering Cathie Linz.  GREAT read!

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone - I just finishing up Aztec Gold by Caridad Pinero - it's been in my TBR pile for a while - I like it and it's not too long. Also I'm listening to Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I'm doing so much driving, and I can't find a radio station that I like, I started the series. They are my all-time favorites and I've read them all several times, but hearing them is different and I can finally "get" the pronunciations of all the Gaelic words !! Happy Reading...

Anne

Contributor
AngelaCarr
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

I love Ward and Cole.  and dying to get to the next release Mar 27.  Highly recommended!

I'm reading

Lust 

Tempted by Blood    I'm enjoying Lust and just sorta started Tempted. 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won't)  

Not romance, but a fun read.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just got my hands on the May release of

Barefoot in the Sand  

classic St Claire, hot romance, so be sure to have the Pool boy fan you when you're reading this one. :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

Distinguished Bibliophile
Darkkin
0 Kudos

River's End  

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Frequent Contributor
katrina25
0 Kudos

Just finished Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn. I am still reading Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts. At this point, I'm surely savoring the moment thru this read. Haha! Regardless, I will also starting a book from my TBR pile. I believe I will sleep on it and let you know in the morning. Katrina
Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

dhaupt
0 Kudos

reader_824 wrote:

Tempted Again  

reader, I think you and I have the same tastes, I really liked this one too, in fact I reviewed it for RT magazine

brinlliant minds and all that :smileyhappy:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Celebrity in Death (In Death Series #34)  

Wow 34th in the series and it's still going strong, click the link for a special treat, a Q&A w/ JD Robb herself

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Fiction-General-Discussion/New-Release-feature-2-21-Celebrity...

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Defeat the Darkness (Paladin Series #6) 

Celebrity in Death (In Death Series #34) 

Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander Series #2)    

Hi Everyone - Last night I finished Defeat the Darkness by Alexis Morgan - I love this Paladin series. This morning I downloaded and started the newest JD Robb - Celebrity In Death - Great so far. I'm also listening to the 2nd book in the Outlander series - Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. It's like visiting with old friends...

Anne

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
katrina25
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I was up late last night finishing Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts, which put me out for the rest of the day. However, I made a run to the local library and did shelf browsing and picked up Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey. Not a romance but it has captured me. So I'm reading that as well as Ten Things I Love About You to continue my craze of Julia Quinn. Katrina
Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

The Perfect Proposal  

a .99 cent  bargain ebook