Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

Spellbound Falls (Spellbound Falls Series #1) 

A Night Like This (Smythe-Smith Quartet Series #2)   

Hi Everyone - I finished a Janet Chapman book that's been in my TBR pile for a while Spellbound Falls - I liked it. Now I'm reading the newest Julia Quinn - A Night Like This - good also. I think I forgot to mention that I started listening to books while I'm in the car, doing housework and working out at the gym. Since February, I've listened to all the Outlander books (yes, all seven - they each run at least 39 hours !! Yeah me ). Then I listened to A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness, since her next book is coming out this summer. Now I'm on to the "In Death" series by J.D. Robb. I'm finishing up on Ceremony in Death (#5). It's fun to hear the voices and accents for Roarke !!! Happy Reading (and listening)...

Anne

Frequent Contributor
katrina25
0 Kudos

Just finished Overseas by Beatriz Williams. Very good story. The story moved slowly for me but overall I liked it. Reading is my hobby, Katrina
dhaupt
0 Kudos

katrina25 wrote:
Just finished Overseas by Beatriz Williams. Very good story. The story moved slowly for me but overall I liked it. Reading is my hobby, Katrina

katrina, the book flew for me and it was one of the best stories I've ever read, see how differnt people see things.

Beatriz will be a guest on General Fiction next year in March

I just finished over the weekend 

Sea Change  great book one of her best so far and she gave me a Q&A on General Fiction

plus I read

Daughters for a Time  I really loved this, very poignant but I needed tissues 

then I finished

Blazing the Trail (Dragon Diaries Series #3)  the end of a trilogy by one of my favorite authors

Frequent Contributor
katrina25
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie! I agree. I loved the story too. I believe in the less is more, however, being that as it may, I everyone should read Overseas by Beatriz Williams if you live for a good love story. -katrina
Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

Barefoot Season  I just finished  Barefoot Season and this, to me, is one of her very best.  I'm awaiting the next one in this Blackberry Island series.  WOW!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

reader_824 wrote:

Barefoot Season  I just finished  Barefoot Season and this, to me, is one of her very best.  I'm awaiting the next one in this Blackberry Island series.  WOW!

It was a great one, right? Did you see Susan's conversation with me about this book?

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

The Last Boyfriend (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy #2)  Melanie...going to read your interview now on Barefoot Season.

Last night I finished one from the Library...too expensive for me for the Nookcolor...and it was OK.  I don't think it's one I'll buy, but I am looking forward to Ryder's story which will be the last of the trilogy.  The one I finished is Owen's story:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Daughters for a Time

I just finished this 

Daughters for a Time  

you can see my review here

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Suddenly You 

The Villa 

About That Night   

the new julie james is really good! i can't wait to see what her next book is about. I picked up suddenly you yesterday at the book store. i had never read it and i devoured it last night! i couldnt stop reading. i loved the story and the characters. The villa was the first book i read by nora roberts back in 8th grade. i reread it a ton when i first got it. i bought it a couple years ago and thought that i should reread it. so far, im still remembering why i loved it so much

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
katrina25
0 Kudos

Just reading Everything and the moon by Julia Quinn.
Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

Any Given Christmas  

Second Chance at the Sugar Shack  Found a new-to-me author in an anthology I'd bought for my Nookcolor and I'm off to buy the next two in her Sugar Shack series. 

Candis Terry is the author. 

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re:Free Fridays-Amish romance

[ Edited ]

check out Free Fridays at the Nook blog today's free selection is an Amish romance

A Time to Love (Quilts of Lancaster County Series #1)  

free today only

Frequent Contributor
Irishcontessa
0 Kudos

Last night I read Nalini Singh's

Tangle of Need (Psy-Changeling Series #11)  

Next up is

Desperate Deeds (A-Tac Series #3)  

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

The Season 

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Contributor
cx3ane
0 Kudos

I am reading Summer Days by Susan Mallery.  I am almost done.  Summer Nights comes out June 26.  All Summer Long comes out July 31st.  These 3 books are in the Fool's Gold series.  They can be read in the series or alone.  If you read the books, let me know.  If you pre-order Summer Nights, I would Love to chat about the book, too.  I  pre-ordered Summer Nights & All Summer Long.

In Summer Days, Rafe & Heidi has a great chemistry together even though they are both stubborn. I feel so bad for Heidi, who finally has a home of her own.  Rafe swore he would never go back to Fool's Gold, but he did it for his mother.  I love May (Rafe's Mom).  She was something else!  If you are looking for a good romance book, then this is it!  You won't be disappointed! 

Melissa

Contributor
cx3ane
0 Kudos

Melanie- I am going to read Barefoot Season.  Have you read any of Susan's Fool's Gold books?  Summer Days is a great book!  

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

Barefoot Season  

Summer Days (Fool's Gold Series #7)  I'm a big Susan Mallery fan, too.  I LOVED her poignant Barefoot Season. Wow...what a story, and I'm now about a third of the way through Summer Days.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

cx3ane wrote:

Melanie- I am going to read Barefoot Season.  Have you read any of Susan's Fool's Gold books?  Summer Days is a great book!  

Hi Cx3ane, Yes, I've read several of them and if you do a search for Susan and Fool's Gold you'll find that she's visited here a few times and has answered some of my questions.

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

I think I've read all the Fool's Gold and own them all as well as pretty much everything Susan Mallery has written.

I just finished a wonderful Jill Shalvis.  This series just gets better and better.

Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor Series #4)  

Contributor
cx3ane
0 Kudos

reader_824 wrote:

I think I've read all the Fool's Gold and own them all as well as pretty much everything Susan Mallery has written.

I just finished a wonderful Jill Shalvis.  This series just gets better and better.

Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor Series #4)  

Susan Mallery's Fool's Gold Books are my favorite.  I loved her Buchanan's series, too.  I do want to read this series, Lucky Harbor.  I have it listed in my Goodreads.  I am cx3ane on there, too.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I actually have the first 3 e-books in the series.  I forgot I brought them.