Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
katrina25
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Happy Holidays, everyone!

It seems like the book club has been a bit dead, lately. I have winter break coming up, and I  plan on having a reading extravaganza. I want to reread all the Mckettrick books by Linda Lael Miller because it's been years since I've read any of them. I plan on finishing that marathoin with An Outlaw's Christmas, her newest. I also want to reread her Mojo Sheepbanks books, Deadly Gamble and Deadly Deceptions. After that, I'm just catching up on  books I've missed since college like Rescue Me by Rachel Gibson and My Scandalous Viscount by Gaelen Foley.

Did anyone watch Christmas with Holly on ABC Sunday?

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Correspondent
reader_824

[ Edited ]

Illegal Motion  

I have really missed the post here too.  I wondered if something had happened that I'd missed.

Linda Lael Miller is a favorite of mine...and her 3rd in her brew Parable, Mt series is due out Dec.18.  It's a great series....Big sky is start of each title.

I'm just starting a new one ...can't get link here...it insists on going to top...oh we'll.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina wrote:

Happy Holidays, everyone!

It seems like the book club has been a bit dead, lately. I have winter break coming up, and I  plan on having a reading extravaganza. I want to reread all the Mckettrick books by Linda Lael Miller because it's been years since I've read any of them. I plan on finishing that marathoin with An Outlaw's Christmas, her newest. I also want to reread her Mojo Sheepbanks books, Deadly Gamble and Deadly Deceptions. After that, I'm just catching up on  books I've missed since college like Rescue Me by Rachel Gibson and My Scandalous Viscount by Gaelen Foley.

Did anyone watch Christmas with Holly on ABC Sunday?

I hope you have fun on your winter break and there's no better series than Linda's Mckettrick's are you going to read the historical as well as the contemporary?

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Melanie,

Of course! I always said that they were my favorite series. I always recommended them on here to anyone looking for new books. I must have read them all at least 5 times. But it's been so long since I've read them that it seems I barely remember them.

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I also love and re-read the McKettricks, the Mackenzie's, and the Quinn brothers novels by Miller, Linda Howard, and Nora Roberts.

Just finished Carly Phillips short story   Fated.  

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

My Most Favorite Author has another  "can't wait for #2 in the series " out:

#1 in new Battle Ridge series:  

Running Wild  

Author
JacquelineSeewald
0 Kudos

I just finished Mariah Stewart's HOMETOWN GIRL and enjoyed it very much. The novel is part of a series of pleasant romantic novels.

Jacqueline Seewald

TEA LEAVES AND TAROT CARDS--Regency romance now available on Nook

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

To Seduce a Sinner (Legend of the Four Soldiers Series #2)  

My Scandalous Viscount  

Surrender to a Scoundrel  

One Night Is Never Enough  

A Tale of Two Lovers (Writing Girl Series #2)  Last week I caught up on a few historicals, and I am currently reading the second book in the Writing Girls' series by Maya Rodale, A Tale of Two Lovers (Writing Girl Series #2). After that I have the third,

For Chrismas, I recieved a few books that I can add to my bookcases, including

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

I downloaded  two new ebooks just out and am looking forward to them...

Live and Let Love  

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Rainshadow Road  

The Next Always (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy #1)  

The Last Boyfriend (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy #2)  

An Outlaw's Christmas  

How strange that some of the books didn't show up in my last post. for christmas I got the books above. I'm so excited to read the  11th Mckettrick book.

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

In Total Surrender  I read One Night Is Never Enough and really liked Roman and Andreas. I'm only 100 pages into this book, but so far I really like Andreas and Phoebe

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This is a wonderful first book in a new series.  The author has credible characters and a good story line.  I'm looking forward to the next in this Sweet Plains, TX, series.

Tucker's Crossing  

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Have just finished up two new good ones by Carly Phillips.  The new Serendipity series is called: Serendipity's Finest series, according to what I read at another website.

Fat

Fated  

Perfect Fit  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

I had that book on my To Buy list, but was waiting for a recommendation/review of it by someone.  Did you enjoy it?

I finished Forward Passes by Jami Davenport. It's the first of hers I've read.  I liked it enough to probably buy others in the series, but I felt it would have benefitted from more editing.  Some of the sex scenes (and there are a lot) seemed repetitive/overdone.  

Forward Passes  

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

The Lady Most Willing...  

A Taste for Scandal  

Obsession Wears Opals  

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

High Country Bride (McKettrick Series)  

Secondhand Bride (McKettrick Series)  

Shotgun Bride (McKettrick Series)  

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

Perfect for You  

I've found a new-to-me author I really enjoy.  I'm off to buy the others in her Laurel Heights series.  A thunder and lightning show is going on outside, so a good day to download books and read the day away.