Frequent Contributor
Keoweegirl
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

Dianne, don't give up on Lori's books. You'll find a completely different type of heroine in many of them. Of her recent books, I like CAUSING HAVOC. Other favorites are her Visitation, NC series and Buckhorn Brothers series. The Visitation books, in order, are:

Say No to Joe?
The Secret Life of Bryan
When Bruce Met Cyn
Just a Hint, Clint
Jamie

The Buckhorn Brothers (reissued in 2007) are, in order:

Sawyer
Morgan
Gabe
Jordan
Casey (2002)
~pjpuppymom
theromancedish.com
Frequent Contributor
shannon_burke
0 Kudos

well i finished killjoy. i have to say that i loved it! i even cried at one point and that doesn't happen often. It's definitely a keeper. Now im reading a book called beg me by lisa lawrence. ive never read anything by her. it was a recommendation by a friend. so far im not liking it too much. there's too much sex and not enough thrill. every other page has a sex scene and it's slightly annoying. but maybe ill like it soon. who knows?
Shannon~
Frequent Contributor
ISHON
0 Kudos

Right now i about to begin reading forces of nature by suzanne brockman, The alibi man by tami hoag,and the lawman by diana palmer...
I'll read them one at a time though :smileyhappy:
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

ISHON wrote:
Right now i about to begin reading forces of nature by suzanne brockman, The alibi man by tami hoag,and the lawman by diana palmer...

Do you always line up three at a time? I love that!
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

ISHON wrote:

I am "listening" to my first Suzanne Brockman book- ladies man- and so far enjoying it. The hero is really sexy, the heroine is normal and nice. I'm not into the suspense part yet, so it's a little light, but great to listen to. Sexy.
Frequent Contributor
ISHON
0 Kudos

Hi, .
I usually order 4 or 5 books at a time and it take me a day or so to read one.
I order books when i know i have a free day or weekend off, otherwise I would be so into my book nothing gets done.
I recieved Lawman in the mail today and i'm almost done reading it.
It's going well so far, the heorine has been though a lot and her story is very touching.
I'm looking forward to reading the other books i mentioned, hopefully the mailman drops off another book tomorrow :smileywink:
I only have a few more days before school startes again :smileyhappy:
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Mischief by Amanda Quick

DianneRoq wrote:

Bonnie824 wrote:
I'm taking a little break from my usual favorite romantic genre- paranormal- and reading one of my old favorite authors- Amanda Quick. I enjoyed Second Sight so much I picked up Mischief. I love her quirky characters and her secondary ones. And how the men often fall instantly for the women and show it, despite their aloof type personalities.

Sounds like my kind of book. Thanks for the insight. I'm going to try to pick me up an Amanda Quick book.

Anyone you recommend from her for a first time reader of her book?

I'll let you know if i like it.

I love Amanda Quick, Jayne Ann Krantz, and Jayne Castle which are all of her alter egos. I love her quirky characters all of the guys I would trade in my husband for (well not really) and in her future romance by Jayne Castle I LOVE her dustbunnies. I can't think of them all right now she is a very prolific writer, but just go down to your library and pick one up if you love happy endings like I do, but it takes some suspense to get there then you'll love her.
Good Reading
Debbie
dhaupt
0 Kudos

DianneRoq wrote:
Fast Women.... Done.... Loved It....

Another one of my very favorite authors.
Debbie
dhaupt
0 Kudos

melaniejackson wrote:
Just finished Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning-- a very neat paranormal set in Ireland. The next book is out in hardback. Sigh... I rarely do hardback anymore. They are so heavy and take up so much room, but I may make an exception for this one.

Melanie

Ohh Melanie,
I love her books, have you read her Highlander series? They are soooooo steamy if you like that sort of thing. Her Fever books don't have the same romance feel that the Highlander series does but I really like the Fever series too.
Debbie
dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Melanie_Murray wrote:

becke_davis wrote:
Yeah, I forgot Sophie Kinsella. I haven't read her famous Shopaholic ones but I love her single title books.

I'm the opposite. I haven't read any of her single title books!

I really liked Can You Keep a Secret? Check that one out.

Also try the Undomestic Goddess that was a scream too
Debbie
Frequent Contributor
DianneRoq
0 Kudos

Finished the book Murphy's Law, now that more my kind of Lori Foster book.
Frequent Contributor
DianneRoq
0 Kudos

I am going to start reading a new one called Time off for Good Behavior by Lani Diane Rich. Anyone read yet?
becke_davis
0 Kudos

DianneRoq wrote:
I am going to start reading a new one called Time off for Good Behavior by Lani Diane Rich. Anyone read yet?

Yes, I liked it a lot. My favorite of hers is The Fortune Quilt -- loved that one! She has a new book coming out next month, too.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

DianneRoq wrote:

This is the first book of hers, and I just loved it. I devoured it in three hours, and if you have read my posts in the "How Many Books Do You Read a Week" thread, you know that that's saying a lot. The main character of Wanda is a favorite of mine.
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

ISHON wrote:

Do you always line up three at a time? I love that!

I'm usually reading 4 at a time. I put them in different places and rotate them periodically. This way I'm never caught without a book and no particular book gets neglected because it's in a secluded spot. Jo
Frequent Contributor
shannon_burke
0 Kudos

I'm reading Twilight now by Stephanie Meyer. It's amazing so far. It's been in my TBR pile for awhile and i wish id gotten to it sooner. I can't wait to finish it and get to the second one.
Shannon~
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

shannon_burke wrote:
I'm reading Twilight now by Stephanie Meyer. It's amazing so far. It's been in my TBR pile for awhile and i wish id gotten to it sooner. I can't wait to finish it and get to the second one.

I just read that a couple of weeks ago, finally. I've got the other two on my shelf, waiting patiently for me to get to them.
Contributor
Its_Me
0 Kudos

Baby Proof by Emily Griffin. I loved Something Borrowed, this one is different and it is taking me awhile to really get into it. I don't really think it is the story, but the main character, Claudia, that is bothering me.
Frequent Contributor
Christina2377
0 Kudos

I just started reading Laird of the Mist by Paula Quinn. In the wings I have Mr. Knightley's Diary by Amanda Grange and another one by Lisa Kleypas that I can't remember the title of. I'm new to Paula Quinn... so far so good.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Christina2377 wrote:
I just started reading Laird of the Mist by Paula Quinn. In the wings I have Mr. Knightley's Diary by Amanda Grange and another one by Lisa Kleypas that I can't remember the title of. I'm new to Paula Quinn... so far so good.

I'm a fan of Paula Quinn's. And I love the cover of Laird of the Mist.