Frequent Contributor
shannon_burke

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

I finished Dead Sexy last night. Finally! It was kind of slow moving for a little bit but i really loved it towards the middle all the way through the end. The heroine went through a lot and was amazingly brave through it all. The big climax happened with a little less "umph" than i had hoped for but it was a great book overall. I'm now starting on Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer which I have anxiously been waiting on from a friend. What a coincidence that i finished my book the same day she finished that book. Great timing:smileyvery-happy:
Shannon~
dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Just finished A Quick Bite by Lynsay Sands, it was funny and sweet and another way to see vampires. Now I'm reading Untamed Highlander by Monica McCarty. God what I would give to go back in time and see some of these incredible men (I'm fanning myself right now). And next will be Annette Blair's The Scott the Witch and the Wardrobe, can't wait to start that one.

Deb

Message Edited by dhaupt on 02-29-2008 09:26 AM
Frequent Contributor
shannon_burke
0 Kudos

So im about 300 pages into Eclipse and i love it. I'm really happy that I decided to read this series. It just pulls you in. It goes by too fast.
Shannon~
Frequent Contributor
GCACheerldr14
0 Kudos

I just started reading How to Kill a Rockstar because of this review. It is such a good book, I’m so glad I picked it up. I've always had this thing for musicians. If there completely ugly Ill think there the sexiest men alive after they play or sing one note. Its a weakness. Unlike other books this one didnt even start out slow. I read the first chapter and couldnt put it down.

Kacy -/--

"When you follow your heart, you should have no regrets. When you follow someone elses, those regrets may lose your heart." -anonymous
Isaiah 41:28-31- life verse
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I just finished Chill Factor(book 3 of the Weather Warder series by Joanne Caine) which was excellent and too quick a read. Then I took the suggestion off this board and found Charmed (an older romance by Nora Roberts about a witch) which after a slightly slow start is turning out really good.

:smileyhappy:

Message Edited by Bonnie824 on 03-02-2008 07:21 PM
Frequent Contributor
Kate_b
0 Kudos

I'm reading chosen it's a third in a serius bout the main charicter has 3 boy friends (and i can't even get 1 in real life) but the book so far rocks out loud!
A verey merry un-birthday to you and you. and you is it your un -birthday too?
Frequent Contributor
Bri-dep
0 Kudos

GCACheerldr14 wrote:

I just started reading How to Kill a Rockstar because of this review. It is such a good book, I’m so glad I picked it up. I've always had this thing for musicians. If there completely ugly Ill think there the sexiest men alive after they play or sing one note. Its a weakness. Unlike other books this one didnt even start out slow. I read the first chapter and couldnt put it down.

I agree completely about the musician thing!

I'm SO glad you started reading this book - isn't it amazing? What part are you on?
By the way, if you want to know who Paul's character is based off of, listen to Ours. The lead singer, Jimmy Gnecco is who Tiffanie DeBartolo based Paul's character off of. His voice is amazing and so is his music. That was the whole reason why I read the book in the first place, because I heard the main character was based off of the lead singer of one of my favorite bands.
*~*~*~*~*~*
bri
"If you've read a thousand different novels, you've lived a thousand different lives."
Author
Anna_Adams
0 Kudos

Just picked up The Spymaster's Lady, by Joanna Bourne. I read a review in which the reviewer said she felt bad about all the other great reviews she'd written because this book is so much better. I had to see it! And it really draws you in from page 1. I'm traveling, and I've left the book in the car because otherwise I'd be reading beyond the first few pages, when I'm supposed to be doing my own work!

Learn more about Her Reason to Stay.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Well this weekend was a totally romance weekend for reading. I started out with Karen Hawkin's To Scotland with Love, great book I think it's the second of her McClean siblings.
Next I read Highlander Untamed by Monica McCarty, great book also lots of super duper lovemaking. And third I read Annette Blair's The Scot the Witch and the Wardrobe, Annette if you're still hanging around here I have to say I LOVED the book and can't wait to order your other works. It was enchanting and delightful I laughed out loud at some of Vickie's antics, It made me feel good to read it and I didn't want it to end and that for me is the best sign of a good read.

Debbie
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

You had a Scottish weekend!

I have a hundred pages to go in Whitney, My Love. Can't put it down.
I'm taking recomendations for what to pick up when I'm done. I have so many books at the top of my TBR pile, I need some help deciding!

dhaupt wrote:
Well this weekend was a totally romance weekend for reading. I started out with Karen Hawkin's To Scotland with Love, great book I think it's the second of her McClean siblings.
Next I read Highlander Untamed by Monica McCarty, great book also lots of super duper lovemaking. And third I read Annette Blair's The Scot the Witch and the Wardrobe, Annette if you're still hanging around here I have to say I LOVED the book and can't wait to order your other works. It was enchanting and delightful I laughed out loud at some of Vickie's antics, It made me feel good to read it and I didn't want it to end and that for me is the best sign of a good read.

Debbie

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:
You had a Scottish weekend!

I have a hundred pages to go in Whitney, My Love. Can't put it down.
I'm taking recomendations for what to pick up when I'm done. I have so many books at the top of my TBR pile, I need some help deciding!

You can't go wrong with a Scot!!!

Deb
Frequent Contributor
read2teach
0 Kudos

I am most of the way through Nora Roberts, Honest Illusions and I am really enjoying it as I have come to expect with Nora Roberts.
Frequent Contributor
DianneRoq
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Alright so I have read a gazillion romance novels, Please give me advice on a good book you read that has nothing to do with romance, I need a change.

Message Edited by DianneRoq on 03-05-2008 06:01 PM
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Try reading Eric Larsen's The Devil in the White City.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:
Try reading Eric Larsen's The Devil in the White City.

That is a great, great book. It's nonfiction that reads like a thriller. If you like history and/or architecture and/or serial killers, it's the book for you! (Sounds like an odd combo of interestes and it is, it is!) Also try The Alienest by Caleb Carr.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Right now I'm reading Andrew M. Greeley's Irish Tiger it's the 11th in his Nuala Anne McGrail series. I love his books and have read both this series and his O'Malley series.

Deb
Frequent Contributor
twilightfanatic101
0 Kudos

I have just finished the book ElseWhere, and am currently readingA Great and Terrible Beauty. What is a really, really good book that I should read???
~The hunter smiled in a friendly way as he suanted forward to kill me.~

~Life is Short, So Break The Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly, Laugh Uncontrolably, and NEVER Regret Anything That Once Made You Smile.~
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

twilightfanatic101 wrote:
I have just finished the book ElseWhere, and am currently readingA Great and Terrible Beauty. What is a really, really good book that I should read???

I just finished the 13th Tale by Dianne Sutterfield. That was so thrill filled. It kept you going. Great book, alittle bit of romance, mystery and then some.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

kiakar wrote:

I just finished the 13th Tale by Dianne Sutterfield. That was so thrill filled. It kept you going. Great book, alittle bit of romance, mystery and then some.

I really enjoyed The 13th Tale, too. It was a great throwback to gothic novels of the past.
Today, on this rainy afternoon, I am curled up with The Other Boleyn Girl. I'm hoping to be able to see the movie next weekend, as I have an unhealthy obsession with Eric Bana.

Message Edited by Melanie_Murray on 03-08-2008 03:30 PM
dhaupt
0 Kudos

I loved the Thirteenth Tale also I was fortunate to get to review it for Simon and Schuster.

But on to the present: This weekend was another all romance weekend
I read two of Monica McCarty's Highlander books.
Highlander Unmasked and Highlander Unchained - I really enjoyed them both a lot of action a lot of bodice ripping and some great physique's I always say you can't ever get enough of a Highlander
I also started reading Kristin Hannah's Firefly Lane but I really couldn't read it. It was too emotional for me so maybe in a better time in my life I'll be able to pick it back up but right now I just need happy endings.

Deb