becke_davis

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

[ Edited ]

dhaupt wrote:

Good morning and Happy Monday everyone,

Becke, I had the same problem you did (my eyes are being held open with toothpicks) I started Danger in a Red Dress, but unlike you I had to give up at midnight and go to bed.

But I made it to page 335 and OMG Christina Dodd is one GREAT storyteller, I literally couldn't put this down, I was reading while I was cooking dinner. 

Debbie -- I hope you have a chance to take a nap today! 
It's really good, isn't it?  But if anyone else is thinking of buying it, be sure to get the whole series and read them all together.  I think it would flow better that way.  TROUBLE IN HIGH HEELS comes first, then TONGUE IN CHIC.  Book 3 is THIGH HIGH and DANGER IN A RED DRESS is the latest.  Not sure if there are more to come.

Danger in a Red Dress   Trouble in High Heels   Thigh High   Tongue in Chic  

Message Edited by becke_davis on 03-23-2009 11:07 AM
Distinguished Correspondent
Phoebe_Jordan

I'm currently reading Coming on Strong by Tawny Weber and the e-book Sojourn with a Stranger by K. Celeste Bryan.

I'm currently reading Immortal Danger by Cynthia Eden and the e-books Sojourn with a Stranger by K. Celeste Bryan and Magnolia Magick by Jessica Coulter Smith.

Immortal Danger

I just started Carla Neggers Betrayals. I found out about her on the board here and now I can't get enough so again all you thank you thank you!!! The only problem is that my book shelves are sagging.
becke_davis

dhaupt wrote:
I just started Carla Neggers Betrayals. I found out about her on the board here and now I can't get enough so again all you thank you thank you!!! The only problem is that my book shelves are sagging.
Thanks for the recommendation, Debbie.  Somehow I missed that one!

Melanie_Murray

I love Carla Neggers!
Phoebe_Jordan

I’m currently reading Immortal Bride by Lisa Childs and the e-books Sojourn with a Stranger by K. Celeste Bryan and Magnolia Magick by Jessica Coulter Smith.

Immortal Bride (Silhouette Nocturne Series #59) 

I'm reading Angel's Blood by Nalini Singh:  Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter Series)  
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Bonnie824 wrote:
I am reading "Maverick" by Lora Leigh. I am not loving it, but it is good for it's genre- erotic romance suspense. I think I've just kind of glutted on alpha male/victim heroine romances, especially those heavy on the sex.Maverick  

Bonnie, have you read other Lora Leigh books and liked them? Is it just this one that isn't exciting you?

I have, Melanie. I think it is just this couple and timing. I am into a stronger heroine mood here!
Phoebe_Jordan

I'm currently reading Twins for the Teacher by Michele Dunaway and the e-books Sojourn with a Stranger by K. Celeste Bryan and Magnolia Magick by Jessica Coulter Smith.

Twins For The Teacher 

What BOOK are you reading now?

Hi, Everyone, I am currently reading Danielle Steel's new book- One Day at a Time and Heather Graham's Deadly Gift and The Spymaster's Lady by Joanna Bourne.

They are all good so far.

ReadingPatti

Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I’m currently reading Always Ready by Joanne Rock and the e-books Sojourn with a Stranger by K. Celeste Bryan and Magnolia Magick by Jessica Coulter Smith.

Always Ready (Harlequin Blaze Series #457) 

0 Kudos

HI, Everyone, I just finished Danielle Steel's new book: One Day at a Time. This was a really good book. I loved the characters and the story line. I can't wait until her next book comes out. I don't know where Danielle gets her story ideas from. But I am so happy that she shares her amazing talent with us readers.

Has anyone one else out there read this book? I give this one 5 stars.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm reading A Firefighter in the Family by Trish Milburn:

Firefighter in the Family (Harlequin American Romance Series #1228)  

Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Jo6353 wrote:
I am currently reading Milk & Honey, an older Faye Kellerman book.  I love this series.  Jo

Is that Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus?

Yes it is!  I love the chemistry between those two!  Jo

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I was at a bookstore last night (big surprise) and picked up a copy of Angel of Mercy by Toni Andrews.  I came across it by accident, but it sounded good.  Very early into the book, I realized I'd read another one like it.  Sure enough, it was the second in a series.

I'll admit, the first book didn't really hook me, and if I'd remembered that I'd read the first book, I probably would have skipped this one.  I'm glad that didn't happen, because I liked this book a lot, and I'll probably read more books in the series.  This author is definitely getting better as she builds this story!

Beg for Mercy   Angel of Mercy  

Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I finished reading Always Ready by Joanne Rock and Ooh, Baby! by Ann Roth.

Ooh, Baby!  

I’m currently reading Lullaby for Two by Karen Rose Smith and the e-book Magnolia Magick by Jessica Coulter Smith.

Lullaby For Two (Silhouette Special Edition Series #1961) 

0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Jo, I love that series too. Not only is it a great crime mystery series, but I love the love stories in it too, not to mention it teaches me a great deal about the Jewish faith.

I'm Roman Catholic and I have completed a Master's program in Catholic Theology so I'm always interested in learning about other faiths.  That's one of the things that I love about these books. Afterall, if there wasn't a Jewish faith, there wouldn't be Christians either!  Jo

Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:
I'm reading The Grand Finale, a re-release by Janet Evanovich. It's sort of like a cup of hot cocoa on a winter day when you read one of her old ones come back to life, this one is just like that!!

I haven't read that one yet but I love Janet Evanovich. Jo

Frequent Contributor
read2teach
0 Kudos

I saw twilight on DVD Friday and went out and bought the first 2 books yesterday.  Finished Twilight this afternoon, started on New Moon and ordered the last 2 books!  Now I know why I had to tell my students to put the books away during class!