Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

[ Edited ]

dhaupt wrote:

Good morning and Happy Monday everyone,

Becke, I had the same problem you did (my eyes are being held open with toothpicks) I started Danger in a Red Dress, but unlike you I had to give up at midnight and go to bed.

But I made it to page 335 and OMG Christina Dodd is one GREAT storyteller, I literally couldn't put this down, I was reading while I was cooking dinner. 

Debbie -- I hope you have a chance to take a nap today! 
It's really good, isn't it?  But if anyone else is thinking of buying it, be sure to get the whole series and read them all together.  I think it would flow better that way.  TROUBLE IN HIGH HEELS comes first, then TONGUE IN CHIC.  Book 3 is THIGH HIGH and DANGER IN A RED DRESS is the latest.  Not sure if there are more to come.

Danger in a Red Dress   Trouble in High Heels   Thigh High   Tongue in Chic  

Message Edited by becke_davis on 03-23-2009 11:07 AM
Distinguished Correspondent
Phoebe_Jordan

I'm currently reading Coming on Strong by Tawny Weber and the e-book Sojourn with a Stranger by K. Celeste Bryan.

I'm currently reading Immortal Danger by Cynthia Eden and the e-books Sojourn with a Stranger by K. Celeste Bryan and Magnolia Magick by Jessica Coulter Smith.

Immortal Danger

I just started Carla Neggers Betrayals. I found out about her on the board here and now I can't get enough so again all you thank you thank you!!! The only problem is that my book shelves are sagging.
becke_davis

dhaupt wrote:
I just started Carla Neggers Betrayals. I found out about her on the board here and now I can't get enough so again all you thank you thank you!!! The only problem is that my book shelves are sagging.
Thanks for the recommendation, Debbie.  Somehow I missed that one!

Melanie_Murray

I love Carla Neggers!
Phoebe_Jordan

I’m currently reading Immortal Bride by Lisa Childs and the e-books Sojourn with a Stranger by K. Celeste Bryan and Magnolia Magick by Jessica Coulter Smith.

Immortal Bride (Silhouette Nocturne Series #59) 

I'm reading Angel's Blood by Nalini Singh:  Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter Series)  
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Bonnie824 wrote:
I am reading "Maverick" by Lora Leigh. I am not loving it, but it is good for it's genre- erotic romance suspense. I think I've just kind of glutted on alpha male/victim heroine romances, especially those heavy on the sex.Maverick  

Bonnie, have you read other Lora Leigh books and liked them? Is it just this one that isn't exciting you?

I have, Melanie. I think it is just this couple and timing. I am into a stronger heroine mood here!
Phoebe_Jordan

I'm currently reading Twins for the Teacher by Michele Dunaway and the e-books Sojourn with a Stranger by K. Celeste Bryan and Magnolia Magick by Jessica Coulter Smith.

Twins For The Teacher 

What BOOK are you reading now?

Hi, Everyone, I am currently reading Danielle Steel's new book- One Day at a Time and Heather Graham's Deadly Gift and The Spymaster's Lady by Joanna Bourne.

They are all good so far.

ReadingPatti

Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I’m currently reading Always Ready by Joanne Rock and the e-books Sojourn with a Stranger by K. Celeste Bryan and Magnolia Magick by Jessica Coulter Smith.

Always Ready (Harlequin Blaze Series #457) 

0 Kudos

HI, Everyone, I just finished Danielle Steel's new book: One Day at a Time. This was a really good book. I loved the characters and the story line. I can't wait until her next book comes out. I don't know where Danielle gets her story ideas from. But I am so happy that she shares her amazing talent with us readers.

Has anyone one else out there read this book? I give this one 5 stars.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm reading A Firefighter in the Family by Trish Milburn:

Firefighter in the Family (Harlequin American Romance Series #1228)  

Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Jo6353 wrote:
I am currently reading Milk & Honey, an older Faye Kellerman book.  I love this series.  Jo

Is that Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus?

Yes it is!  I love the chemistry between those two!  Jo

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I was at a bookstore last night (big surprise) and picked up a copy of Angel of Mercy by Toni Andrews.  I came across it by accident, but it sounded good.  Very early into the book, I realized I'd read another one like it.  Sure enough, it was the second in a series.

I'll admit, the first book didn't really hook me, and if I'd remembered that I'd read the first book, I probably would have skipped this one.  I'm glad that didn't happen, because I liked this book a lot, and I'll probably read more books in the series.  This author is definitely getting better as she builds this story!

Beg for Mercy   Angel of Mercy  

Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I finished reading Always Ready by Joanne Rock and Ooh, Baby! by Ann Roth.

Ooh, Baby!  

I’m currently reading Lullaby for Two by Karen Rose Smith and the e-book Magnolia Magick by Jessica Coulter Smith.

Lullaby For Two (Silhouette Special Edition Series #1961) 

0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Jo, I love that series too. Not only is it a great crime mystery series, but I love the love stories in it too, not to mention it teaches me a great deal about the Jewish faith.

I'm Roman Catholic and I have completed a Master's program in Catholic Theology so I'm always interested in learning about other faiths.  That's one of the things that I love about these books. Afterall, if there wasn't a Jewish faith, there wouldn't be Christians either!  Jo

Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:
I'm reading The Grand Finale, a re-release by Janet Evanovich. It's sort of like a cup of hot cocoa on a winter day when you read one of her old ones come back to life, this one is just like that!!

I haven't read that one yet but I love Janet Evanovich. Jo

Frequent Contributor
read2teach
0 Kudos

I saw twilight on DVD Friday and went out and bought the first 2 books yesterday.  Finished Twilight this afternoon, started on New Moon and ordered the last 2 books!  Now I know why I had to tell my students to put the books away during class!