Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

I just started - 

Sea Witch  

Wow, I love it. She doesn't take any time at all for us lovers of spicy romance to get right to it!!! 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:
I just started - 

Sea Witch  

Wow, I love it. She doesn't take any time at all for us lovers of spicy romance to get right to it!!! 

(*buffing nails on chest*) See?  I told you she was a great writer!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just started this one -- another one Debbie will like, I think!

Edge of Hunger (Harlequin Primal Instinct Series #1)  

Message Edited by becke_davis on 05-19-2009 12:35 PM
Contributor
Codie_Wallace
0 Kudos

Once again I'm trying to read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I tried reading it once, but was so .... I don't know, bored maybe, that I stoped reading it. It's alot more funny now, but I haven't gotten very far in the book.

Distinguished Correspondent
Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I’m currently reading The Curse of Nefertiti by Charline Ratcliff and the e-books The Witch’s Beast by Kiki Howell and Mind Games by Cecilia Tan.

The Curse Of Nefertiti 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

How do you read so many at once and keep the story lines separate? It seems like everytime I try, I seem to confuse myself.

Message Edited by Codie_Wallace on 05-20-2009 02:51 AM
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I finished Sugar Daddy late last night and it put me in the mood for a good old-fashioned love triangle. So I picked up Jennifer Haymore's A Hint of Wicked, about a woman whose long-feared-dead husband reappears after eight years. And of course, she's remarried to his best friend and cousin. Very steamy beginning! 
Frequent Contributor
stardrifting
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:
I finished Sugar Daddy late last night and it put me in the mood for a good old-fashioned love triangle. So I picked up Jennifer Haymore'sA Hint of Wicked, about a woman whose long-feared-dead husband reappears after eight years. And of course, she's remarried to his best friend and cousin. Very steamy beginning! 

Oooooo - that looks really good!  Let us know how it is when you're done.

Stacy

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Did you have an ARC?  It doesn't come out till next week!
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:
Did you have an ARC?  It doesn't come out till next week!

Yes. You should have seen me - I had about ten books spread around the desk, all turned to the back covers. It was a major decision: what to read next. :smileywink:
Frequent Contributor
stardrifting
0 Kudos

I just started Moon in the Water by Elizabeth Grayson.

Stacy

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone, I have just finished The Perect Poison by Amanda Quick. It was great. Another rich Arcance Society book. I love this series. Amanda know how to do romance with a mystery involved. I highly recommend this books to everyone. I think once you read it you will understand why I liked it so much.

On to another book or should I say books.

ReadingPatti

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Hi, everyone, I have just finished The Perect Poison by Amanda Quick. It was great. Another rich Arcance Society book. I love this series. Amanda know how to do romance with a mystery involved. I highly recommend this books to everyone. I think once you read it you will understand why I liked it so much.

On to another book or should I say books.

ReadingPatti

ReadingPatti,

I've got to move the Arcane Society books to the top of my TBR pile. I love Amanda Quick so much, I don't know what I've been waiting for...

The Jennifer Haymore - A Hint of Wicked - was very good. I recommend it for you historical lovers, and I'll talk more about it in this week's New Release Tuesday round-up.

Because it was such a nice depiction of a love triangle, I was in the mood for more. So today I started Emma Wildes'

An Indecent Proposition, about a woman who agrees to judge a wager between two gentlemen over who's the better lover. Yowza!

Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I’m currently reading Vamped by Lucienne Diver and the e-books Moonlight Hero by Jessica Coulter Smith and Mind Games by Cecilia Tan.

Vamped 

0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Reading another Lisa Kleypas -- I'm so glad I finally discovered her!

Stranger in My Arms  

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Reading another Lisa Kleypas -- I'm so glad I finally discovered her!

Stranger in My Arms  

I really think she's in my top three favorite romance writers. I cannot get enough of her contemporary series right now. I've reread sections of Blue-Eyed Devil a dozen times already.
Frequent Contributor
read2teach
0 Kudos

JUst finished Dark Celebration by Christine Feehan.  This was the first book of hers that I have read.  I enjoyed it, but found myself constantly having to flip to the family tree to keep the characters straight in my head.  It the series easier to understand if you read them in order?

Also read What I did for Love, by Sussan Elizabeth Phillips. Loved it as I do all her books!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Lisa Kleypas, Susan Elizabeth Phillips - five words that explain why we like romance!
Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I’m currently reading Never Say Sty by Linda O. Johnston and the e-book Mind Games by Cecilia Tan.

Never Say Sty