Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

dhaupt wrote:

melaniejackson wrote:
Just finished Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning-- a very neat paranormal set in Ireland. The next book is out in hardback. Sigh... I rarely do hardback anymore. They are so heavy and take up so much room, but I may make an exception for this one.

Melanie

Ohh Melanie,
I love her books, have you read her Highlander series? They are soooooo steamy if you like that sort of thing. Her Fever books don't have the same romance feel that the Highlander series does but I really like the Fever series too.
Debbie

I'm a HUGE fan of Moning's Highlanders, too, Debbie! I'm still all disgruntled that she's writing the new ones, but that just shows how immature I am, no? :smileyhappy:

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio

"I daresay proper ladies do not unbutton gentlemen's trousers."

"They do not do that," he said as he tugged her frock straight, "nearly as often as one could wish."

Genius. Sheer brilliance.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Michelle_Buonfiglio wrote:

"They do not do that," he said as he tugged her frock straight, "nearly as often as one could wish."

Darn, I'm going to have to read that one again soon, and I have sooo many books in the TBR pile!

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Darn, I'm going to have to read that one again soon, and I have sooo many books in the TBR pile!

Hi Becke - I'm with you - time to reread !  I loved the Highlander series and I like the Fever series, but just not as much. I haven't gotten to the newest one it's in the TBR pile - once I finish the Outlander rereads....

Anne

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i just got done with the duke and I, and am now reading when he was wicked by julia quinn
"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
dhaupt

"Reading this while drinking coffee is not the best thing to do", she says while wiping coffee stains off of her shirt.:womanvery-happy:

Author
VictoriaJanssen
0 Kudos

I'm reading Wicked Game by Jeri Smith-Ready.  Next up...probably a historical romance.  Maybe I'll start Mary Balogh's latest trilogy.  Or is it four books now?
MOONLIGHT MISTRESS, December 2009 from Harlequin Spice
THE DUCHESS, HER MAID, THE GROOM AND THEIR LOVER, Harlequin Spice.
www.victoriajanssen.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

*sigh* Wicked Game is another book in my TBR pile, which grew by about 6 books today. I thought the new Tessa Dare was in there, but that must come out next week. Got two Karen Hawkins books, two Elizabeth Adler (recommended by someone here, I think), Christina Dodd's new one and Chosen to Die by Lisa Jackson. Just finished Hank Phillippi Ryan's FACE TIME, but I'll probably read one of these new ones next and then read AIR TIME after that.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I couldn't decide which of the new books to read, so I pulled one from the TBR pile. After I finished playing with Eloisa's paper dolls, it was already late. I thought I'd go to bed and read for a few minutes. You'd think I'd know better by now -- by the time sleep finally won the battle, I had only 100 pages to go. Great book, and now I'm going to have to add more of hers to my TBR pile!

Deceived  

Frequent Contributor
Irishcontessa
0 Kudos

Becke - I had readBehind Closed Doors by McKenna and liked it but I did not care for Tasting Fear at all. I have actually given it away already. I have a couple others by her in my TBR pile but I'm waiting on them since I was so disappointed in Tasting.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I liked it, but I liked her series books better -- maybe because I'd come to know those characters over a long period of time, so I was really invested in them.
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Michelle_Buonfiglio,

dhaupt wrote:

melaniejackson wrote:
Just finished Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning-- a very neat paranormal set in Ireland. The next book is out in hardback. Sigh... I rarely do hardback anymore. They are so heavy and take up so much room, but I may make an exception for this one.

Melanie

Ohh Melanie,
I love her books, have you read her Highlander series? They are soooooo steamy if you like that sort of thing. Her Fever books don't have the same romance feel that the Highlander series does but I really like the Fever series too.
Debbie

I'm a HUGE fan of Moning's Highlanders, too, Debbie! I'm still all disgruntled that she's writing the new ones, but that just shows how immature I am, no?

Melanie, I love Karen's books also. I have read some of the Highlanders books and loved them. I just started Darkfever. I am really liking it a lot.  I am looking forward to reading all her books. She writes really great romance and paranormal books.

ReadingPatti:smileyvery-happy:

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Debbie, I have just started Darkfever. I am really liking it. I have read some of Karen's Highlander books also.

I went shopping yesterday and I a got six new paperback romances. My poor TBR pile is growing faster by the day.

I  just wish I had more time to read and stitch, but alas I must work to pay the bills and of course buy more books and stitching projects.

You can see what books I got one the romantic read as a new topic or message.

Talk to you soon.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I don't know if I bought this one or if it was one of the freebies at RWA -- I'm hoping it was the latter, because when I pulled it out of the TBR pile last night, I realized that I'd already read it. It was good, though, and a fast read so I just read it again. She has a new book coming out in December, too. Aak! I don't know where the "Add Product" key has gone! Anyway, the book is Christie Craig's DIVORCED, DESPERATE AND DELICIOUS. Good for anyone who wants humor with their romance.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just started Obsidian Prey by Jayne Ann Krentz writing as Jayne Castle it's really good.

I also really tried to read Edge of Midnight by Shannon McKenna, but I just couldn't finish it. someone recommended it to me as Erom, but I didn't like it.

Hey are we gonna be able to add products anymore?

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i just finished when he was wicked by julia quinn!

im now reading to scotland with love by karen hawkins, then simply sandoulous by carly phillips

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Debbie - As I understand it, today it's just a beta test of the new design. I've heard some things aren't working -- the personal messages, the "add product" links. I don't think any of these are gone for good, but looks like today is going to be interesting.
Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading Cape Storm by Rachel Caine and the e-book Starstruck: Hunter by Michelle Lauren.

0 Kudos

Annette Blair is going to be a featured author at Mystery in September, as is Hank Phillippi Ryan. I've read books by both of these authors, and I'm currently reading these: 

Air Time

Larceny and Lace (Vintage Magic Series #2)

A Veiled Deception (Vintage Magic Series #1)

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

dhaupt, tell me who wrote Lord Perfect.  I would like to get that book, sounds good. I just finished the following:

Darkfever (Fever Series #1) 

I really liked this book. I am going to read the next one in the series, Bloodfever.

Thorn in My Heart 

I an reading this book now. I got it from my library. It is set in Irland in 1760's. There are four the the series that I know of.

Blindman's Bluff (Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus Series #18) 

I just got this from my library. I am anxious to see what is going on with Peter and Rina. I love these characters.,

An Echo in the Bone (Outlander Series #7) 

Just think on the 22nd the next book in the Outlander series will be out. I ordered it and can't wait for it to come. I will need to read most of my library books so I can spend time reading it., It will be really great to see what Jamie and Clair are up to. What a great love story they have. Who would not like to go throught time and find that one person that you are meant to spent your life with. Boy, what a dream that would be. :smileyvery-happy::smileysurprised:

Are you going to buy An Echo in the Bone?

I think many of us wil be reading this book once it is out. We will be talking about it for a while I think.

It would be nice if Diana would come and talk to us about her books and this book. Do any of you think she would do that?

Happy reading everyone.:smileyvery-happy::smileywink:

ReadingPatti