Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

Hi Everyone - AnneB here - Debbie - I love Hidden Fire - I'm about halfway through...great story ! I've finished Lakeshore Christmas  and I loved it. It was the first Susan Wiggs book that I've read, so I stopped at the library today, renewed my library card (it was way out of date) and picked up the first book in the Avalon series. I'll read that next, so I can return it and get the next one. Everyone talking about using the library got me thinking and especially for series that have started a while ago, it's a good alternative to hunting for all the books. Happy Reading...

Anne

Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I completely forgot to post when I was reading Highlander in Love by Julia London which ended her Lockhart Family series.

Highlander in Love 

I'm currently reading Shadowland by Alyson Noël and e-book Dark of kNight by T.L. Mitchell.

Shadowland (The Immortals Series #3) 

0 Kudos

Good Evening!

I have been getting into the paranormal romance lately. This time around I started reading Susan Anderson's Hot & Bothered.

I have enjoyed her pass books. So far I'm enjoying this one. The story takes place in Colorado Springs, CO. Were I live. Kind of cool.

Hot and Bothered 

Donna A.

Life is to short to be crabby!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Contributor
Emmanuelle
0 Kudos

I've just started reading Scandal Sheet, I hope it's a good one.

The cover is just beautiful as it appears on the picture.

Scandal Sheet   

Author
LisaMarieWilkinson
0 Kudos

I am reading Bel Canto by Ann Patchett after reading a review of it on the All About Romance web site.  I don't know that I would define it as a romance, but so far it has been an engrossing read.

Bel Canto 

Lisa Marie Wilkinson, Author of Historical Adventure-Romance
IPPY Gold Medal Winner
USA Book News Best Books Award Winner
PNWA Bronze Award Winner
Visit my website: http://www.lisamariewilkinson.com
Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I finished reading A McKettrick Christmas by Linda Lael Miller.

A McKettrick Christmas 

I'm currently reading The Man from Stone Creek by Linda Lael Miller and e-book Dark of kNight by T.L. Mitchell.

Man from Stone Creek 

0 Kudos

Under the Mistletoe, a compilation of Yuletide romance by Shannon Drake, Judith French, Sara Orwig & Rebecca Paisley

Contributor
Doralynn
0 Kudos

I guess Elizabeth Lowell has been around a long time, but I just discovered her books. Wow, what a find! Great characters and snappy writing. I'm reading Amber Beach and loving it.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Indiscreet 

This is really good, and I'm thinking of framing the cover.

Contributor
Doralynn
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Indiscreet 

Looks like a good Christmas gift to myself!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Indiscreet 

Carolyn Jewel is really good. She also has some paranormal books that are great and steamy.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

LisaMarieWilkinson wrote:

I am reading Bel Canto by Ann Patchett after reading a review of it on the All About Romance web site.  I don't know that I would define it as a romance, but so far it has been an engrossing read.

Bel Canto 

HI Lisa,

I don't think this is a romance, but it's one of my favorite books of all time. Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Melanie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Doralynn wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Indiscreet 

Looks like a good Christmas gift to myself!

It was so darn good I stayed up til 4 a.m. to finish it!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading A Wanted Man by Linda Lael Miller and e-book Dark of kNight by T.L. Mitchell.

A Wanted Man (Stone Creek Series) 

0 Kudos

Inspired Contributor
lg4154
0 Kudos

I am currently reading Cadillac Beach by Tim Dorsey. It seems pretty funny and I like his writing style.

Frequent Contributor
dja1231
0 Kudos

What BOOK are you reading now?

Ain't Too Proud to Beg  

I have read at lest 3 of her books. I have enjoyed them all. I would say my favorite one is; He Loves Lucy. I thought it was a very funny book.

This one so far I like.

Donna A.

Life is to short to be crabby!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I think these are my favorite Susan Donovan books, with blurbs from her website since Add Product isn't working for me right now:

Charlotte Tasker has always been a good girl, so she married the most decent, reliable man she could find even though their love life was a bit on the predictable side. Thirteen years later, she's a widowed mom who runs her company, prepares three vegetarian meals a day for her children, and volunteers for just about every good deed in town. But no one knows that Charlotte has a secret weakness for squirt cheese, erotic poetry-and the mystery man she lost her virginity to in a reckless roadside tryst, moments before she got engaged.

Haven’t we all at least wondered about it? What would it be like to be a kept woman – your affections bought and paid for in exchange for a life of luxury? In my new novel THE KEPT WOMAN (why be subtle?) Samantha Monroe is a cash-strapped, single mom of three who finds herself in that exact situation.