Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

Re: Currently Reading...?

Lexa555 wrote:

Phoebe_Jordan wrote:

I'm currently reading Heist Society by Ally Carter.

Heist Society 

Phoebe_Jordan how was Heist Society? I have seen it in the bookstore by I didn't know if it was worth the money.

I LOVED IT! I have to say this is my absolute favorite of Ally Carter's YA books. It is written in the 3rd person which is new since her other books are written in the 1st person. I loved the characters and it was fun getting to know about these young adults who were either born into the business of thieves or were brought into it. I have to say that you should definitely read it as soon as you can though if you don't want to shell out the money than maybe you should consider waiting for it to come out in paperback for $9.99.

0 Kudos

I'm currently reading Causing Havoc by Lori Foster.

Causing Havoc 

0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

I am currently reading Tribute by Nora Roberts, i am enjoying it so far. I have alot of her books and I am never dissapointed. it contains the romance and the mystery that I love so much.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Don't remember if I posted this one or not. LOVED it - what a wacky, wild ride!

Wild Ride

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Phoebe_Jordan wrote:

Lexa555 wrote:

Phoebe_Jordan wrote:

I'm currently reading Heist Society by Ally Carter.

Heist Society 

Phoebe_Jordan how was Heist Society? I have seen it in the bookstore by I didn't know if it was worth the money.

I LOVED IT! I have to say this is my absolute favorite of Ally Carter's YA books. It is written in the 3rd person which is new since her other books are written in the 1st person. I loved the characters and it was fun getting to know about these young adults who were either born into the business of thieves or were brought into it. I have to say that you should definitely read it as soon as you can though if you don't want to shell out the money than maybe you should consider waiting for it to come out in paperback for $9.99.

Thank you so much for your input. I will have to consider getting it the next time I'm at the bookstore. :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
becke_davis

[ Edited ]

I stayed up into the wee hours to finish MISS WINTHORPE'S ELOPEMENT - Christine Merrill isn't very well known yet, and she should be. I've loved every book of hers that I've read.

I haven't read them all - she has a new story coming out in April and a couple of ebooks I haven't read yet.

I met Christine Merrill at Jenny Crusie's Cherry Con in 2007. Chris read an excerpt of An Unladylike Offer - I wasn't reading historicals then and didn't think I ever would. I've always credited Anna Campbell, Melanie Murray and Michelle Buonfiglio for turning me on to historicals, but I realize now that Chris Merrill was really the first to crack open that door. When she read her excerpt I sat up and took notice, and ordered her book as soon as I got home from the conference.

If you're looking for a new author of historical romance, look no further. I've read all the books I've linked below and I'll be reading the rest before long!

An Unladylike Offer (Harlequin Historical #862) 

Mistletoe Wager (Harlequin Historical Series #925)

The Inconvenient Duchess

Wicked Liaison (Harlequin Historical #953)

Hallowe'en Husbands

Miss Winthorpe's Elopement

Joan_P
0 Kudos

Just finished...

Lessons from a Scarlet Lady 

Excellent- I didn't want it to end!! "My Lord Scandal" is her next book out in September 2010. The preview was awesome- can't wait to get that one!!

Next book up!! I found...

Tapestry

Just when I thought I had read all of Moning, I found this!! I'm off to get my fix!!

Joan

Love is... Unabashedly Bookish :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
Irishcontessa
0 Kudos

Have to work an event tomorrow so today I am reading Wild Heat. Haven't read anything by Bella Andre before but she seems well liked on here so I thought I'd give her a shot.

Wild Heat

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I liked Bella's first one a lot; this one is in my TBR pile.

Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading Simon Says by Lori Foster.

Simon Says 

0 Kudos

becke_davis, I just finished THe Help for book club. I enjoyed it. I loved the by Katherine Stockett told the story about help during the early sixties and the class difference even between whties.

Katherine Is really good write and gave us some great characters to read about.

I am getting back to Deeper than dead by Tami Hoag. and Blood Ties and the Endless Forest.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

My daughter loved The Help and she's loaning me her copy.

Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

A Dance through Time  

Just started it, but so far, so great. Scotish hero from the past, modern woman. A perfect escape read.

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

going bovine was very good. i loved it.

now im reading a walk to remember:

Walk to Remember 

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
Kat6783
0 Kudos

To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers Series #1)  

finished this one didn't really like it and don't think ill continue with this series the characters didn't hold my interest the only one I did like was that O'Hare guy and he didn't even have that big of a story line :smileysad: oh well

Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander Series #1) 

I started this one just a little while ago I'm only 8 chapters into the book  and I'm already hooked and I can tell this ones gonna be good :smileyvery-happy:

Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading Hard to Handle by Lori Foster.

Hard to Handle 

0 Kudos

Phoebe - I read that series, too - just finished Back in Black a little while ago. That one is very suspenseful!

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Phoebe_Jordan wrote:

I'm currently reading Hard to Handle by Lori Foster.

Hard to Handle 

I have to say that Hard to Handle and Say No to Joe have to be my two favorite Lori Foster books. I hope that you are enjoying this book. :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/