Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

1AnneB, I know just how you feel. I think I feel bureid in my TBR pile. I must get my library books done or return some and get them out later. I really need to read my own books. I think they are jealous that I read some many library books.

I like series too. I have read some out of order but love them anyway. I did this with Sue Grafton and J. D. Robb. I think the only think I missed was the time line. I can go back reread them in order I have some of Grafton's and I need to get more of the J.D. Robb to complete my set.

I am finishing a couple of books.

Invitation to Seduction 

I am near done with this book and hope to read it this weekend. I like her books a lot. I have to get some I don't have for my collection.

I am also almost done with Kay Hooper's new one.

Blood Ties (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit Series #12) 

I am finsihing this Blood series. This one is really good. I am almost done with this one.

Let me know what you have been reading.

Happy Easter.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

dhaupt, I love your reply to AnneB. Has you TBR pile ever say TIMBER. Mine has several times. I do need to take back library books and check them out later. I need to finish some also. I want to read some of my own. I feel like I have neglected them to far to long.

I hope that you have a Happy Easter.

ReadingPatti

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Good morning everyone, Hi Patti,

right now I'm reading the 2nd of Claire Delacroix's Fallen series:

Guardian 

I really like this series

Distinguished Correspondent
Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

Re: Currently Reading...?

I'm currently reading Chrysalis: Tribulations by Madonna Lacy (M. L. Lacy).

Chrysalis - Tribulations 

0 Kudos

Re: Currently Reading...?

so im putting percy jackson on hold for a bit- i got the new karen robard's book shattered!!

Shattered 

Eloquent Silence  

Cracked up to Be  

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
Irishcontessa
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Guardian 

Ooh, these look good! I might have to add them to my TBR pile.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

dhaupt, Hi, the book you are reading looks good.

I just finshed these books.

Just Wicked Enough (Avon Romantic Treasure Series) 

Really good. I love her books.

Invitation to Seduction 

This was also really good.

I am working on finishing Blood Ties by Kay Hooper. I want to get some of my library books done and read some of my own. They are feeling neglected.

I also need to work on the book for book club. It  Gaudy Night by Dorothy Sayers. It will be my first one by her.

Sorry about the mispelling in my posts. I get to typing faster than I can read. I need to preview before I post but I tend to forget.

ReadingPatti

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Guardian 

Hi Everyone - AnneB here - Debbie, that Guardian series looks good - are those the only 2 books so far?  Patti, don't worry about the misspellings, your brain is just working faster than your fingers - it happens to me all the time ! (or else my mouth works faster than my brain - with greater consequences !). I'm still reading the Fern Michaels book, and then I really HAVE to read some more of my TBR mountain ! Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday...

Anne

Frequent Contributor
Irishcontessa
0 Kudos

Just read Maverick. Didn't like it as much as the previous books in the series.

Maverick

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

For all of you who are enjoying

Guardian, the author Claire Delacroix stopped by to chat in October when we featured this book. You can read that conversation here

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

For all of you who are enjoying

Guardian, the author Claire Delacroix stopped by to chat in October when we featured this book. You can read that conversation here

Thanks Melanie, I remember talking to her about the series, her website calls it a trilogy so I don't know if there will be more than three or not. But the next one comes out in August and is called:

Rebel 

Frequent Contributor
Irishcontessa
0 Kudos

I just finished The Nymph King. It was the second book I've read and been disappointed with that is part of a series that I normally love. First it was Maverick from the Elite Ops series and now this. :smileysad:

The Nymph King (Gena Showalter's Atlantis Series #3)  

New User
Varianus
0 Kudos

Currently reading new book "The House on Black Lake" by Anastasia Blackwell. Want more books like this with mature heroines and modern conflicts. Looking for similar books with contemporary heroines trapped in gothic situations. Tired of the old vampire tales. Want something new and fresh. Any suggestions??

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Try this one:

Too Wicked to Kiss 

The Barnes & Noble Review

Erica Ridley's debut novel, Too Wicked to Kiss, is one of the wittiest returns to the gothic since Jane Austen made fun of Miss Catherine Morland in Northanger Abbey. But Ridley seems more interested in revitalizing the genre than parodying it. Her Evangeline Pemberton arrives at a house party given at Blackberry Manor ("Black, like Lionkiller's soul, and berry because he's going to bury us back in the garden with the rest of the bodies") tremblingly ready to succumb to the vapors. But even as Ridley gleefully piles on a gaunt butler, secret passageways, and a hero, Gavin Lioncroft, whose "eyes glittered like those of a wolf loping alongside a lonely carriage," the novel entrances with its elegant, clever writing -- and with the passionate love affair between Gavin and Evangelina. Far from being a swooning by-stander, Evangelina turns out to have a powerful paranormal gift and, more importantly, the backbone to stand up to Gavin's bad reputation and profound guilt.Too Wicked to Kiss is a brilliant example of an author staking out a by-gone genre and remaking it in her own image.

--From Eloisa James's "Reading Romance" column on Barnes & Noble Review

Synopsis

His Touch Holds Her Captive...

From the ravens circling its spires to the gargoyles adorning its roof, Blackberry Manor looms ominously over its rambling grounds. And behind its doors, amid the flickering shadows and secret passageways, danger lies in wait...

To His Every Dark Desire...

Evangeline Pemberton has been invited to a party at the sprawling estate of reclusive Gavin Lioncroft, who is rumored to have murdered his parents. Initially, Gavin's towering presence and brusque manner instill fear in Evangeline...until his rakish features and seductive attentions profoundly arouse her.

But when a guest is murdered, Evangeline is torn. Could the man to whom she is so powerfully drawn, also be a ruthless killer?

Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

Winter People  

Kushiel's Mercy (Kushiel's Legacy Series #6)  

I'm late to this series and listening to this one way out of order. I have the first on order and the second on my tbr shelf. Love it so far even out of order. The sex is a little over the top for me but the drama and overall story and characters are wonderfully written,

Frequent Contributor
Irishcontessa
0 Kudos

Just finished reading Heat Seeker. My love of the Elite Ops has been restored :smileyhappy:

Heat Seeker

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

becke_davis, I love the cover for Too Wicked to Kiss. It looks like a hot read. I need to see about getting this one. Was it really good as the cover?

I don't know where you get such great books, but I am glad that you share them with us.

When is you romance convention and where is it? You must tell us how it is. I want to know if any of the hot male models showed up. I think it would be so cool to dress up and get a picture with one of those guys. Talk about a dream and fantasy come true. WOW.

Thanks again for all the great books you recommend. You and everyone else help my TBR growing by leaps and bounds.

ReadingPatti

Frequent Contributor
Irishcontessa
0 Kudos

Yesterday I read The Vampire's Bride. It was good but I feel like it was trying to do too much, to fit too much into the one book.

The Vampire's Bride (Gena Showalter's Atlantis Series #4)

Frequent Contributor
Irishcontessa
0 Kudos

Finished reading Black Jack today. Once again, Elite Ops did not disappoint!

Black Jack

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm going to two romance conventions soon - RT, the Romantic Times convention in Columbus, OH at the end of the month is the one where I'll be having lunch with Charles Paz, Mr. Romance 2009, along with others in my RWA chapter.

I'll also be attending Lori Foster's fabulous Readers and Writers Get Together:

http://www.lorifoster.com/community/readergettogether.php

6th Annual
Readers and Authors Get Together
from Lori Foster, Dianne Castell, Linda Keller

Friday, June 4 — Sunday, June 6, 2010
Cincinnati Marriott North at Union Centre, West Chester Ohio

Casual atmosphere with plenty of time to visit with your online friends, talk to authors and industry professionals, get photos and more! REGISTER NOW!

Raffle Baskets Galore!
(Everyone is welcome to donate a basket if they want to)
NOTE: Our raffle proceeds always go to a very worthy cause. This year they will go to the "One Way Farm," - a home for abused and abandoned children.

There will be a giant book fair, as well as a used book trade.
Plus there's always time to get your already-purchased books signed by attending authors!

They have me listed under my pen name - I wasn't sure if B&N would want me to represent them there. Linda Keller of Barnes & Noble will have a B&N mini-bookstore at the event.

SPECIAL GUESTS
Monique Patterson, Editor, St. Martins Press
Margo Lipschultz, Editor, HQN
Christina M. Brashear, Publisher, Samhain Publishing
Marty Mathews, Author Liaison, Samhain Publishing
Lindsey Faber, Managing Editor, Samhain Publishing
Monette Draper, Senior Editor, Liquid Silver
Jennifer  Schober, Spencerhill Agency 
Laura BradfordBradford Literary Agency 
Sue Grimshaw
, Borders Buyer
Linda Keller, Community Relations Manager, B&N
Joyce Ann McLaughlin, Blurb Writer, Publisher's Weekly
Angela James
, Executive Editor, Carina Press
Sara Loftus, Publisher, Bonaparte Press
Pat Kempe, acquisitions editor, DCL Publications
Nancy Swanson, Wild Rose Press
Donna Wright, Publisher, Always Keepers Press
Michelle Buonfiglio, RomanceBuyTheBook.com
Becke Martin, Romance B(u)y the Book
Sheila Clover
, CEO Readers Entertainment Group
DeNita Tuttle, Author Island
Debbawww.girlfriendology.com
Ravenous Romance 
Kat ElderSensually Seductive Romance/Strictly Romance TV
Liz Bemis, Bemis Productions, website design and consultation

You can see a list of attending authors at the link I posted - and that list will grow and grow. It only costs $50 to register - I hope some of you will be able to come!