Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

Mommy-Read-Write wrote:

Oh my gosh! I am so jealous that you got an ARC of this! Congratulations, though! Please let us know what you think of it.  Thanks.

becke_davis wrote:

Happy Ever After (Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet Series #4) 

Yay - I got an ARC!

It arrived this a.m. and I'm halfway through it. I love the way Malcolm (or is it spelled Malcomb?) distracts Parker from business, but - good grief! - I'm glad neither of my kids is getting married right away! These wedding nightmare side stories terrify me!

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans

becke_davis wrote:

Happy Ever After (Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet Series #4) 

Yay - I got an ARC!

SOOOOO JEALOUS!!!

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans

Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #5)

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Distinguished Correspondent
Phoebe_Jordan

Re: Currently Reading...?

I'm currently reading How to Dazzle a Duke by Claudia Dain.

How to Dazzle a Duke 

kmgevans wrote:

Oh you know this is my favorite one. Tell us how you like it once you finish. :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans

[ Edited ]

Lexa555 wrote:

kmgevans wrote:

Oh you know this is my favorite one. Tell us how you like it once you finish. :smileyhappy:

Definitely my favorite! I absolutely love V. I didn't want the book to end.

Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #6)

Katie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

And Falling, Fly 

Synopsis

In a dark and seedy underground of burned-out rock stars and angels-turned- vampires, a revolutionary neuroscientist and a fallen angel must put medicine against mythology in an attempt to erase their tortured pasts...but at what price?

Olivia, vampire and fallen angel of desire, is hopeless...and damned. Since the fall from Eden, she has hungered for love, but fed only on desire. Dominic O'Shaughnessy is a neuroscientist plagued by impossible visions. When his research and her despair collide at L'Otel Mathillide-a subterranean hell of beauty, demons, and dreams-rationalist and angel unite in a clash of desire and damnation that threatens to destroy them both.

In this fractures Hotel of the Damned, Olivia and Dominic discover the only force consistent in their opposing realities is the deep, erotic gravity between them. Bound to each other finally in a knot of interwoven freedoms, Dominic and Olivia-the vision-touched scientist and the earth-bound angel, reborn and undead-encounter the mystery of love and find it is both fall...and flight.

Publishers Weekly

White's debut is a trippy urban fantasy, an esoteric battle between myth and science told in floods of evocative prose. Olivia, a fallen angel cursed to eternity without pain or pleasure, feeds on the blood of those who desire or fear her. Dominic is her polar opposite, a skeptical scientist explaining away the paranormal as mental illness. He immerses himself in neuroscience to seek a cure through selective memory removal; haunted by images of his past lives, he begins experimenting on himself. Looking for research subjects, Dominic finds Olivia. She longs to be set free by love and returned to heaven, but at what price? Reeking of blood and sex, the swaths of atmospheric text sometimes overwhelm the story. Despite the story's enormous plot holes, longtime paranormal fans will appreciate White's willingness to take chances and try something new. (Mar.)

More Reviews and Recommendations

Biography

Skyler White crafts challenging fiction for a changing world. Populated with angels and devils, rock stars, scientists and revolutionaries, her dark stories explore the secret places where myth and modernity collide.

Blogger
Marisa-ONeill
0 Kudos

I'm still in the middle of my Nalini Singh Psy-Changeling Maraton and just finished - AND loved

Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling Series #4)  and

Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling Series #5)

This series gets more and more interesting and intriguing. Next up is Branded by Fire

Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling Series #6)

Meanwhile I started a brand new series - Christine Feehan's Sisters of the Heart series. The first book - Water Bound - takes place in Sea Haven and visits many of the characters I grew to love in her Drake Sisters Series. The heroine is autistic and the hero is a trained killer - yes you read that right. 

Water Bound

Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

I am currently reading  

Irish Crystal (Nuala Anne McGrail Series)

Sizzling Sixteen (Stephanie Plum Series #16)  

and listening to

House Rules

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Phoebe_Jordan

I'm currently reading Daring a Duke by Claudia Dain.

Daring a Duke 

Raine (Lords of Satyr Series)

Katie
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Jo6353 wrote:

I am currently reading  

Irish Crystal (Nuala Anne McGrail Series)

Is this your first experience with Andrew Greeley, he is one of my favorite authors

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just finished

A Thread So Thin 

here's my review at B&N

Frequent Contributor
Mommy-Read-Write

It's in His Kiss (Bridgerton Series #7)  I finished this one last night and I LOVED it! I have really enjoyed this series but this was my favorite one.  I really like Hyacinth and enjoyed the mysteries in the book.

On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgerton Series #8)  And now I'm going to finish the series.

Sheery

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."
~ Emilie Buchwald ~
Scribe
ReadingPatti

kmgevans, I just finished Lover Eternal. I have read Dark Lover also. I am have the rest to read. I started Lover enshrined. I am out of out but  I need to read this because it is an inter-libary loan book

I like this series a lot. I like the brothers and that they find the woman that is meant for them

ReadingPatti

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

kmgevans, I just finished Lover Eternal. I have read Dark Lover also. I am have the rest to read. I started Lover enshrined. I am out of out but  I need to read this because it is an inter-libary loan book

I like this series a lot. I like the brothers and that they find the woman that is meant for them

ReadingPatti

It is a great series! I'm glad you like it too! I finished Lover Enshrined a couple days ago. I have Lover Avenged but haven't started it yet. I'm waiting till Lover Mine gets here so I can just go strait from one the the other.

The Hostage (Great Chicago Fire Trilogy Series #1)  Just started this one this evening.

Katie
Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading Deadly Fear by Cynthia Eden.

Deadly Fear 

0 Kudos

kmgevans wrote:

It is a great series! I'm glad you like it too! I finished Lover Enshrined a couple days ago. I have Lover Avenged but haven't started it yet. I'm waiting till Lover Mine gets here so I can just go strait from one the the other.

The Hostage (Great Chicago Fire Trilogy Series #1)  Just started this one this evening.

Oh I noticed the third book in this series is coming out soon and the cover looked pretty but I haven't ever heard anything about the series.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/