Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Re: Currently Reading...?

dhaupt wrote:

Lexa555 wrote:

I just got back from Las Vegas and one the drive there and back I was able to start

The Other Boleyn Girl 

So far the story is interesting but since i still have over 500 pages left I feel that the story might drag if something more interesting doesn't happen as the book goes on.

You know my in-person book club read this last month I loved it.

What dogs those English were.

I'm only about a 1/3 of the way done with this book. I have mixed feelings on it so far. I think Mary is really young and all of her complaining is getting on my nerves. I think that Anne is a little bitchy with the way she treats Mary. The only charcter I'm really liking right now is George, their brother.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #8)

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Distinguished Correspondent
Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading Nothing to Fear by Karen Rose.

Nothing to Fear 

0 Kudos

Deeply, Desperately (Lucy Valentine Series #2)  I just finished this one and all I can say is read it! It was such a great book and I can not wait for the third one.  I so hope this series continues beyond the three books.  It had me laughing and crying in different parts.  It was just wonderful.

Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #1) Now I'm going to read this on my Nook.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium Trilogy Series #3) And this for my IRL book club.  Really looking forward to both books.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sheery

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."
~ Emilie Buchwald ~
Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Just finished Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #8)  and God! I loved it! Anyone know if there will be more in this series?

Honest Illusions

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I'm tackling our feature books this weekend, starting with

One Dance with a Duke. It's great fun so far! The hero, the Duke of Morland, is imperious and a little unfeeling and when he decides he wants things he lets nothing stand in his way....it's wonderful so far! I'll put more of my thoughts in the Feature thread when I finish.

I'm going on a little vacation next week, and I'll be bringing the Susan Wiggs with me, Deb.

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

I'm tackling a feat, two books at once, which I never do. Earlier I started Honest Illusions  and it's good so far. But I kept eyeing my TBR pile and one book kept yelling my name.

And One Last Thing ...

This book is pretty darn funny. The whole "Wife catches husband doing the horizontal mambo with his secretary, then sends a detailed newsletter of the events out to everyone they know" is priceless.

Katie
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #2)  

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading You Can't Hide by Karen Rose.

You Can't Hide 

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone - Just (like 15 minutes ago) finished Maverick - Great series ! I'm starting Night of the Avenging Blowfish - it was recommended because it's funny. I felt I could use some fun ! Have a good weekend all...

Anne

Maverick 

Night of the Avenging Blowfish 

Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

dhaupt wrote:

Jo6353 wrote:

I am currently reading  

Irish Crystal (Nuala Anne McGrail Series)

Is this your first experience with Andrew Greeley, he is one of my favorite authors

Oh no!  I've been reading him for years, Since Blackie was just a parish priest! He's one of my favorite authors as well. Jo

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

kmgevans wrote:

Just finished Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #8)  and God! I loved it! Anyone know if there will be more in this series?

Honest Illusions

The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series is on for several more books. Ward basically is leaving it open ended. The next book planned is for V's twin sister (Payne) and Doc Jane's old boss (Manuel or Manny). The book will be called Lover Unleashed and it will be out in the Spring of '11

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Compromised  

im over a hundred pages into this book and so far its pretty good, im just eagerly awaiting for more interaction between max and gail

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

High Stakes (Vegas Vampires Series #1)

Katie
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

kmgevans, I just finshed Lover Enshrined and I am starting Lover Awakened. I really like this series a lot.

I am also reading Lady Beward by Jo Beverly and Fire by Kristian Cashmore.

ReadingPatti

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #4)  

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Patti, Lover Awakened is definitely one of the best in the series for me. A lot of deep and emotional things going on in there.

Katie
Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading Count to Ten by Karen Rose.

Count to Ten 

0 Kudos

kmgevans, Now you have me intrigued. I need to start this book now. I am going to start it today.

Thanks,

ReadingPatti

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Pleasure of a Dark Prince

Katie