Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

I have got to get that Jennifer Ashley one soon. I am reading the first in the series (Lord Ian) and Isobel caught my interest right away.

Distinguished Correspondent
Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

Re: Currently Reading...?

I'm currently reading Past Midnight by Mara Purnhagen.

Past Midnight 

0 Kudos

Catch of the Day

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Ruthless

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading Fallen by Claire Delacroix.

Fallen 

0 Kudos

Friday night I started

Ruthless 

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
JalMor77
0 Kudos

Just got done reading.  Finding Perfect.  And I LOVED how Susan Mallery brought back Raoul, grown up and gave us his story.  For those who haven't read Hawk's and Nicole's story in the Bakery Series trilogy, that is where we are introduced to Raoul, as a High School quarterback, dating Hawk's cheerleader daughter.  Really really good story and series!

Finding Perfect

Just starting Sin Undone and I love this series.

Sin Undone

We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh. - Agnes Repplier
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #5) I just finished Lover Unbound about an hour ago.  I loved this book.  V is a complex character and I feel J.R.W did wonderful justice with his story.  I adore V and Jane together.

Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #6)  I just read a lot of reviews for Phury's story.  Most of them are negative.  I'm going to read this book but I'm going to get it from the library.  If I like it well enough then I'll buy it but I'm gunshy after reading that he and Cormia's story was more of a novella in the context of the book.  That's disappointing (if it's accurate) as I've been looking forward to Phury's story.  Sorry for the ramble.  LOL

Ruthless  I'm going to read Ruthless now.  It seems every where I go people are talikng about how good this series is so I want to give it a try.

Sheery

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."
~ Emilie Buchwald ~
New User
DeltaTN
0 Kudos

Rereading 'Dragonfly in Amber', 2nd in the 'Outlander' series by Diana Gabaldon. Am waiting impatiently for 'The Exile', her graphic novel (Jamie's side of the story in 'Outlander') to be released later this month. Also, just finished rereading 'A Knight in Shining Armor' by Jude Deveraux. Can you tell I love Time-Travel tales? Getting ready to start 'Infamous' by Suzanne Brockmann.

1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone - I'm still in the middle of Midnight Crystal - wasn't feeling too well over the weekend (the dizzy's are back) so I re-read an old fav - Outlander - it's kind of like comfort food, only better. I'm finishing up Midnight Crystal - it's good, but not one of my favorites. I have so many new books to read, that I can't figure out what to read next. Such a decision  !!! LOL

Happy Reading...

Anne

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Bonnie824 wrote:

I have got to get that Jennifer Ashley one soon. I am reading the first in the series (Lord Ian) and Isobel caught my interest right away.

Bonnie, gosh I LOVED Ian, he was like a kicked puppy and all I wanted to do was hold him.

You will not be sorry with Isabelle and Mac's story either.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

1AnneB wrote:

Hi Everyone - I'm still in the middle of Midnight Crystal - wasn't feeling too well over the weekend (the dizzy's are back) so I re-read an old fav - Outlander - it's kind of like comfort food, only better. I'm finishing up Midnight Crystal - it's good, but not one of my favorites. I have so many new books to read, that I can't figure out what to read next. Such a decision  !!! LOL

Happy Reading...

Anne

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well, but as to what to read next at least you've come to the right place.

Here's what I read over the weekend - it'll be out in October and I reviewed it for Mira and I loved it

Saving Max 

you can read my review here at B&N

http://my.barnesandnoble.com/communityportal/review.aspx?reviewid=1446324

or on my blog

And Anne you take good care of yourself please.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Mommy-Read-Write wrote:

Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #5) I just finished Lover Unbound about an hour ago.  I loved this book.  V is a complex character and I feel J.R.W did wonderful justice with his story.  I adore V and Jane together.

Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #6)  I just read a lot of reviews for Phury's story.  Most of them are negative.  I'm going to read this book but I'm going to get it from the library.  If I like it well enough then I'll buy it but I'm gunshy after reading that he and Cormia's story was more of a novella in the context of the book.  That's disappointing (if it's accurate) as I've been looking forward to Phury's story.  Sorry for the ramble.  LOL

Ruthless  I'm going to read Ruthless now.  It seems every where I go people are talikng about how good this series is so I want to give it a try.

I'm pretty sure some of what I said about Phury's book is part of what you read. He is my least favorite book but I still enjoyed certain aspects of his story. I'm currently reading Ruthless (about 80 pages left I think) and I love it so far. Several of the lines in the book are already becoming favorites and I love Lord Rohan. The banter between the two leading characters reminds me of Leo and Catherine from Lisa Kleypas's Married by Morning. I can't wait to finish it tonight.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Something about You

Just finished Ruthless , I agree with Lexa. The dialogue between the two main characters is great. Can't wait to read the others in the series.

Katie
Frequent Contributor
Mommy-Read-Write
0 Kudos

Lexa555 wrote:

Mommy-Read-Write wrote:

I'm pretty sure some of what I said about Phury's book is part of what you read. He is my least favorite book but I still enjoyed certain aspects of his story. I'm currently reading Ruthless (about 80 pages left I think) and I love it so far. Several of the lines in the book are already becoming favorites and I love Lord Rohan. The banter between the two leading characters reminds me of Leo and Catherine from Lisa Kleypas's Married by Morning. I can't wait to finish it tonight.

Thanks for the feedback Lexa.  I put Lover Enshrined on hold at the library today.  I do want to read Phury's story but not buy it after the reviews I read.  LOL

I'm enjoying Ruthless so far.  I'm only a chapter into it and looking forward to going back to it in a few minutes.  I'll add  Married by Morning.to my TBR list.  I love good banter between characters.

Sheery

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."
~ Emilie Buchwald ~
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone - I finished Midnight Crystal yesterday - it was good, but not my favorite Krentz/Quick/Castle book, I think it got a little confusing/wordy at the end. I've just started the new Christine Feehan - Dark Peril. I'm not far enough in to tell. I'll let you all know when I finish. Thanks, Debbie for the good wishes - I'm feeling better. Happy Reading...

Anne

Dark Peril (Dark Series #21) 

Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading Guardian by Claire Delacroix.

Guardian 

0 Kudos

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Phoebe_Jordan wrote:

I'm currently reading Guardian by Claire Delacroix.

Guardian 

Phoebe, don't you love her writing, I'm waiting for Rebel to be delivered as we speak which is the third in the fallen angel series.

On a side note her other series in her real name Deborah Cooke, I've just finished the latest

Whisper Kiss (Dragonfire Series #5) 

here's my review on B&N

http://my.barnesandnoble.com/communityportal/review.aspx?reviewid=1446741

you'll really like this series, it's about dragon shape shifters, yummy

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Becke, I've got a Tana French book here - I've been so eager to read her!

Right now I'm reading Tracy Anne Warren's Wicked Delights of a Bridal Bed. It's a pleasant enough read, about a twenty-two year old heiress whose mouring the death of her fiance, and the roguish family friend who's been in love with her for years. Nice dialogue, and the hero, Adam, is just what you want, dashing, tall, dark, devilish.

Folks, stop with the Anne Stuart praise!!! I have to add hours to the day to read these! You're all making me SO curious about these books!! :smileywink: