Frequent Contributor
GCACheerldr14
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

I need a really good romance book! Any suggestions?
Kacy -/--

"When you follow your heart, you should have no regrets. When you follow someone elses, those regrets may lose your heart." -anonymous
Isaiah 41:28-31- life verse
Frequent Contributor
shannon_burke
0 Kudos

Well i finished Eclipse and i have to say that it was definitely my favorite in the series so far.  Everyone i've spoken to about it dislikes the character that i absolutely LOVE!!! i guess im just different. the book was nonstop fun and action. I cried and i laughed. Books that can do that to someone are considered the best in my eyes. If you haven't read this series you definitely should. They're definitely keepers:smileyhappy: But
Shannon~
Frequent Contributor
shannon_burke
0 Kudos

shannon_burke wrote:
Well i finished Eclipse and i have to say that it was definitely my favorite in the series so far.  Everyone i've spoken to about it dislikes the character that i absolutely LOVE!!! i guess im just different. the book was nonstop fun and action. I cried and i laughed. Books that can do that to someone are considered the best in my eyes. If you haven't read this series you definitely should. They're definitely keepers:smileyhappy: But

now im reading Wuthering Heights and Dark Prince by Christine Feehan. I didn't really expect to like Wuthering Heights but I'm actually getting into it. It's a great classic so far. Dark Prince is good too but things seem to be happening between the lovebirds way to fast. I know they're meant to be together but wow...fast to the extreme. It's a little hard to believe. But im not that far into it  so i might be judging too soon. I'll let you all know:smileyhappy:
Shannon~
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Right now I'm reading The Campanion by Susan Squires the first in her regency vampire series.
It's very good, I had some trouble getting into it because of the use of proper english, but now I'm okay.
New User
jocemalyn
0 Kudos

I just finished reading Julia's Chocolates by Cathy Lamb. It was VERY good! The characters are all wonderfully written. While this book addresses the serious issue of abusive relationships, there are many parts of the book that'll have you laughing like crazy. I highly recommend it!
Frequent Contributor
shannon_burke
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:
Right now I'm reading The Campanion by Susan Squires the first in her regency vampire series.
It's very good, I had some trouble getting into it because of the use of proper english, but now I'm okay.

I read that book a couple years ago and it was really good. I haven't read anything else by her since and now that i think about it i probably should. She's a good author. What do you think of it so far?
Shannon~
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Shannon,
I really liked it, I finished it yesterday. And I'm on to find the next one in the series.
Frequent Contributor
shannon_burke
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:
Shannon,
I really liked it, I finished it yesterday. And I'm on to find the next one in the series.

That's great! Let me know what you think about the next. Maybe I'll pick up too:smileyhappy:
Shannon~
Contributor
TRACEYRENFRO
0 Kudos

For non romance books that aren't too bloody and yucky: 

I like:

Robert Crais detective series

Robert Parker's Jess Stone Series

Joan Hess series about Arley the small town Arkansas police chief--Maggody series--no blood and guts

Ann B Ross---Miss Julia series---wonderful if you have ever lived in a small southern town--very funny--very light--probably need to read the series in order

Anne George--Southern Sisters series---also about small town southerners---very funny---very light---might not appreciate unless you are a southerner

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Well this weekend was jam packed romance weekend, first I read Melissa Mayhue's Highland Guardian - great book for those of you who like a little paranormal in your romances and your heros to be braw lads. Then I read Christina Dodd's Thigh High great tribute to N'Orleans after Katrina. And a wonderful read, but I didn't expect any thing less from her. Then I read the Gathering by Jennifer Ashley a continuation of the Immortals series by the three authors Joy Nash, Robin Popp and Jennifer Ashley, great steamy paranormal romance, great characters. And to top it all off I finished with Lori Foster's Hard to Handle a book about the SBC a professional extreme fighter organization where you rekindle old friends from past books in the series and meet some new ones too. As always hot scenes and a lot of action in the ring. Great book
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I've just added a couple of books by Jill Mansell to my pile.  My husband brought them, he picked them up in London. She's a best-selling author there but her latest book isn't even out here yet.  So I'll probably aim for one of those next.

I just finished reading Shifter -- be sure to read that one while sitting in front of a fan or under a cold shower!
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I can't even imagine getting this many books into one weekend! Wow!

dhaupt wrote:
Well this weekend was jam packed romance weekend, first I read Melissa Mayhue's Highland Guardian - great book for those of you who like a little paranormal in your romances and your heros to be braw lads. Then I read Christina Dodd's Thigh High great tribute to N'Orleans after Katrina. And a wonderful read, but I didn't expect any thing less from her. Then I read the Gathering by Jennifer Ashley a continuation of the Immortals series by the three authors Joy Nash, Robin Popp and Jennifer Ashley, great steamy paranormal romance, great characters. And to top it all off I finished with Lori Foster's Hard to Handle a book about the SBC a professional extreme fighter organization where you rekindle old friends from past books in the series and meet some new ones too. As always hot scenes and a lot of action in the ring. Great book

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Well Melanie it's like this, my kids are all gone I no longer care if my floors are clean enough to eat off of (to the dismay of my husband). So I now can really indulge in my passion, reading.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

That sounds amazing. And your husband is welcome to clean the floors, yes?

dhaupt wrote:
Well Melanie it's like this, my kids are all gone I no longer care if my floors are clean enough to eat off of (to the dismay of my husband). So I now can really indulge in my passion, reading.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
My husband is more than welcome to clean the floors, more likely though he just walks around talking to himself.

ps I just ordered Ms Bubbles steals the show

Message Edited by dhaupt on 03-17-2008 04:56 PM
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Yeah, I don't think my husband can tell the difference between a clean floor and a dirty one. Which explains why he too never bothers to mop them.

I hope you like Bubbles!

dhaupt wrote:
My husband is more than welcome to clean the floors, more likely though he just walks around talking to himself.

ps I just ordered Ms Bubbles steals the show

Message Edited by dhaupt on 03-17-2008 04:56 PM

Contributor
storyteller2011
0 Kudos

You should try the Paradise by Judith McNaught, that is if you like romance fiction. I've read, the book is awesome. Can't put it down. The plot and characters are also great. So enjoy.
My soul will find yours- The Knight in the Shining Armor
Frequent Contributor
the_mad_chatter
0 Kudos

I'm reading Gone Too Far (Sam and Alyssa's story) by Suzanne Brockman from the Troubleshooter's series.  So far, so good.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

the_mad_chatter wrote:
I'm reading Gone Too Far (Sam and Alyssa's story) by Suzanne Brockman from the Troubleshooter's series.  So far, so good.

God I loved their story and in the later books you'll find she usually puts a little short story at the end about them.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Right now I'm reading On the Wings of the Morning by Marie Bostwick it's the sequel to Fields of Gold about a family in the dustbowl of Oklahoma and how a chance visit by Charles Lindbergh changes their lives. The first book is about the mom Eva and the second about the son Morgan it goes from the 1920's until the 1970's great read very touching. Her writing reminds me a little of Kristin Hannah. I would highly recommend it.