Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
stardrifting
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

becke_davis wrote:

stardrifting wrote:
I just finished The Vampire Queen's Servant by Joey W. Hill.  Very interesting!  I have never read a book quite like it before and I really enjoyed it.  I am looking forward to the sequel The Mark of the Vampire Queen.

Next up is To Tame A Highlander by Karen Marie Moning.  Anyone else read this, yet?

Stacy

I read the sequel to The Vampire Queen's Servant and it was surprisingly good.  I mean, this series is more erotica than paranormal when it comes right down to it, and that type of book doesn't always feature much plot or emotion.  By the end of the second book, I was totally caught up in the relationship between the two main characters.

I have to agree that TVQS is more erotica than anything.  But, I did learn a lot about vampire's.  I look forward to the next one.

Stacy
Frequent Contributor
stardrifting
0 Kudos

stardrifting wrote:
I just finished The Vampire Queen's Servant by Joey W. Hill.  Very interesting!  I have never read a book quite like it before and I really enjoyed it.  I am looking forward to the sequel The Mark of the Vampire Queen.

Next up is To Tame A Highlander by Karen Marie Moning.  Anyone else read this, yet?

Stacy

Correction:  the book is actually To Tame A Highland Warrior.

Stacy
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Christina2377 wrote:
I'm about halfway through Because You're Mine by Lisa Kleypas-- its so good!  I read the prior novel to this one (Somewhere I'll Find You, I think was the title) and this one is way better.  I find that with Lisa Kleypas I know if I will like it within the first two or three chapters.  I just finished another book by Julia Quinn and didn't really start to enjoy it until about 8 or so chapters in.  Good thing I have the virtue of patience when I read.

You know, a friend of mine, had that book lying on her coffee table(somewhere I'll find you) and I picked it up and read some of it. It was good, and I want to pick that up and maybe the next one also. Thanks for telling me about it.
Frequent Contributor
Christina2377
0 Kudos

I finished Lisa Kleypas' Because You're Mine  and I must say, it was a very good read!  As I mentioned before, I had finished reading Somewhere I'll Find You and I enjoyed it, but the second novel was far superior.

Here's what I liked:

The plot was excellent.  It was simple and straightforward, but there was a twist that definately suprised me towards the end and that made it a very enjoyable read.  The characters were well developed, particularly the male lead, Logan Scott.  Logan had a very important role in the previous novel, and I just had to read the second to find out more about him.  Second to the Scotsmen, rakish men with a tortured past are my favorite leads.  He was the latter, and it was very, very intense and emotional. 

Here's what I didn't like:

Nothing.  It was superb as written.  :smileyvery-happy:
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

Gabriel's Ghost by Linnea Sinclair

I'm not sure if it's more science fiction or romance yet, but it's a very good read so far. I found it by looking to see which Rita winners our library had online- I think it's from 2005. Gabriel is a smuggler/bad guy and the heroine was a military woman who was imprisoned on a horrible planet for a self-defense murder. It kind of reminded me of Pitch Black but not so dark.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just started Outlander by Diane Gabaldon, heard about it on this club
thanks I'm really enjoying it.

Debbie
Frequent Contributor
stardrifting
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:
I just started Outlander by Diane Gabaldon, heard about it on this club
thanks I'm really enjoying it.

Debbie

I hope you enjoy it as much as we all have here.  :smileyhappy:

Stacy

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Christina2377 wrote:
I finished Lisa Kleypas' Because You're Mine  and I must say, it was a very good read!  As I mentioned before, I had finished reading Somewhere I'll Find You and I enjoyed it, but the second novel was far superior.

Here's what I liked:

The plot was excellent.  It was simple and straightforward, but there was a twist that definately suprised me towards the end and that made it a very enjoyable read.  The characters were well developed, particularly the male lead, Logan Scott.  Logan had a very important role in the previous novel, and I just had to read the second to find out more about him.  Second to the Scotsmen, rakish men with a tortured past are my favorite leads.  He was the latter, and it was very, very intense and emotional. 

Here's what I didn't like:

Nothing.  It was superb as written.  :smileyvery-happy:

Great review! I'm glad Lisa Kleypas is getting some love on this board.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: Gabriel's Ghost by Linnea Sinclair

Bonnie824 wrote:
I'm not sure if it's more science fiction or romance yet, but it's a very good read so far. I found it by looking to see which Rita winners our library had online- I think it's from 2005. Gabriel is a smuggler/bad guy and the heroine was a military woman who was imprisoned on a horrible planet for a self-defense murder. It kind of reminded me of Pitch Black but not so dark.

Sounds very interesting.
Frequent Contributor
Bri-dep
0 Kudos

I'm re-reading How to Kill a Rockstar by Tiffanie DeBartolo for the 6th time!

It's a great romance that is perfect for anyone who is passionate about rock music and has a thing for lead singers.

It has some amazing quotes in it as well:
"It sounds silly, I know. But for me, the power of music rests in it's ability to reach inside and touch the places where the deepest cuts lie.
Like a benevolent god, a good song will never let you down."
*~*~*~*~*~*
bri
"If you've read a thousand different novels, you've lived a thousand different lives."
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Bri-dep wrote:
I'm re-reading How to Kill a Rockstar by Tiffanie DeBartolo for the 6th time!

It's a great romance that is perfect for anyone who is passionate about rock music and has a thing for lead singers.

It has some amazing quotes in it as well:
"It sounds silly, I know. But for me, the power of music rests in it's ability to reach inside and touch the places where the deepest cuts lie.
Like a benevolent god, a good song will never let you down."

You should read Good Times, Bad Boys by our moderator, Melanie Murray!
New User
HeleNgo
0 Kudos

I am reading Let Sleeping Rogues Lie by Sabrina Jeffries.
Frequent Contributor
GCACheerldr14
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.

Message Edited by GCACheerldr14 on 02-24-2008 07:03 PM
Kacy -/--

"When you follow your heart, you should have no regrets. When you follow someone elses, those regrets may lose your heart." -anonymous
Isaiah 41:28-31- life verse
Frequent Contributor
jason_t
0 Kudos

stardrifting wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

stardrifting wrote:
I just finished The Vampire Queen's Servant by Joey W. Hill. Very interesting! I have never read a book quite like it before and I really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to the sequel The Mark of the Vampire Queen.
Next up is To Tame A Highlander by Karen Marie Moning. Anyone else read this, yet?
Stacy

I read the sequel to The Vampire Queen's Servant and it was surprisingly good. I mean, this series is more erotica than paranormal when it comes right down to it, and that type of book doesn't always feature much plot or emotion. By the end of the second book, I was totally caught up in the relationship between the two main characters.

I have to agree that TVQS is more erotica than anything. But, I did learn a lot about vampire's. I look forward to the next one.
Stacy

I'm excited that a lot of people have read these. I really like this series so far and have been recommending it to people who like a bit of the erotica edge sometimes. And you are right Becke, I was also surprised with the depth of the characters, seeing as most everything else in the genre is more about action than development. Most of the time it seems the plot is there merely as a coincidence. ;-)
----------------------------------------------------------
There are people who love you, Faith. Or who one day will. Even if you can't see them beside you, right here, right now, they're out there. But if you let the dark get into your eyes, you might never find them. So it's best to keep a little light with you, along the way.
-Harry Dresden
Frequent Contributor
stardrifting
0 Kudos

I finally started on The Raven Prince last night.  It takes me about 5 to 7 days to read a book.  I wish I could get more read, but I have so little time between kids, husband and eBay business.

Stacy
dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just started reading One Thousand White Women for my Feb. Book club through my library. I don't know if it's a romance because I just started reading it, but so far it's got my attention.
Over the weekend I read Sizzle and Burn ( and I did) from Jayne Ann Krentz, and Solar Heat (which there was) from Susan Kearney. Both excellent reads that I would recommend to lovers of paranormal romance. Plus I finished Diana Gabaldon's Outlander, that was a great read and when I have time to devote to 700 or so pages to read I will get the next in her series.
Happy reading

Debbie
Frequent Contributor
Bri-dep
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

You should read Good Times, Bad Boys by our moderator, Melanie Murray!

I've added that to my list of books I need to read! Thanks!
*~*~*~*~*~*
bri
"If you've read a thousand different novels, you've lived a thousand different lives."
becke_davis
0 Kudos

stardrifting wrote:
I finally started on The Raven Prince last night.  It takes me about 5 to 7 days to read a book.  I wish I could get more read, but I have so little time between kids, husband and eBay business.

Stacy

Aren't these books good? I started this series after randomly picking up a new romance release called Hot. I later found out the same author, using a different pseudonym, wrote this series, too. They are all really good.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

stardrifting wrote:

Stacy

Aren't these books good? I started this series after randomly picking up a new romance release called Hot. I later found out the same author, using a different pseudonym, wrote this series, too. They are all really good.

I love these books!

I just finished the fifth Harry Potter over the weekend. I am chomping at the bit to dive into the sixth one - thank goodness it's shorter than number five, and I hear it's one of the best ones. But I'm trying desperately to pace myself! So I'm going to FINALLY read Whitney, My Love.
Contributor
Wicket
0 Kudos

I am going to start "Calamity Jayne Heads West" by Kathleen Bacus tonight ..... it's the 4th (I believe) in the series and it's a riot! Love it .......cannot wait to dive in tonight!