Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

Re: Currently Reading...?

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Right now I'm reading 

Work of Heart 

if you don't recognize the publisher, you're not alone but after some checking these are the people who publish the Chicken Soup books. 

Any way they have a new series of novels out and coming soon by many popular authors and the novels are based on true romances, the series is called True Vows and check them out I know you'll recognize an author or two or three or four.

Check them out

http://www.hcibooks.com/

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I just reviewed for St. Martin's Press

Eve 

it's the first in her new upcoming trilogy about the abduction and murder of Eve Duncan's daughter Bonnie, fans of the series this is a must read

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2011/03/review-of-eve-by-iris-johansen.html

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Right now I'm reading 

Work of Heart 

if you don't recognize the publisher, you're not alone but after some checking these are the people who publish the Chicken Soup books. 

Any way they have a new series of novels out and coming soon by many popular authors and the novels are based on true romances, the series is called True Vows and check them out I know you'll recognize an author or two or three or four.

Check them out

Okay, this is totally shallow, but that cover is suitable for framing!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Right now I'm reading 

Work of Heart 

Check them out

Well yeah but we'd have to photoshop out the female in the background :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Right now I'm reading 

Work of Heart 

Check them out

Well yeah but we'd have to photoshop out the female in the background :smileyhappy:

You know how Becke likes those covers !!! I think this one is a keeper, Becke !! LOL

Debbie - I just read the blurb about this book and it looks really good ! I may have to add it to my TBR pile...

Anne

becke_davis
0 Kudos

"You know how Becke likes those covers !!!"

*sigh* It's true - I admit it. I'm a sucker for those chests!

1AnneB
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

"You know how Becke likes those covers !!!"

*sigh* It's true - I admit it. I'm a sucker for those chests!

Becke - It just shows that you have REALLY good taste !!!

Anne

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

I'm reading

Demonglass (Hex Hall Series #2)  

and

The Countess

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Reading a very difficult true story - I saw a review in The New York Times, I think. Powerful but, man, very hard, too:

Tiger, Tiger

Phoebe_Jordan
0 Kudos

I have finished reading NOOKbook An Engagement in Seattle by Debbie Macomber.

An Engagement in Seattle 

I'm currently reading All Night with a Rogue by Alexandra Hawkins and NOOKbook A Lot Like Love by Julie James.

All Night with a Rogue (Lords of Vice Series) 

A Lot Like Love  

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone - Just finishing up Hot Stuff by Carly Phillips - it's the first book of hers that I have read - it won't be the last ! Happy Reading...

Anne

Hot Stuff 

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Only by Your Touch

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
dhaupt
0 Kudos
Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans

1AnneB wrote:

Hi Everyone - Just finishing up Hot Stuff by Carly Phillips - it's the first book of hers that I have read - it won't be the last ! Happy Reading...

Anne

Hot Stuff 

I LOVE this series!

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Evernight (Evernight Series #1)

Happy Reading :smileywink:

My Book Giveaways

http://www.darkangel88.com/

Frequent Contributor
Lindsey_Nicole
0 Kudos

Carly Phillips is awesome!!!

I have read a couple of her series... When you finish with Hot Zone Series you need to read these aswell:

The Corwin Curse Series:

Lucky Charm

Lucky Streak

Lucky Break

The Chandler Brothers Series:

The Bachelor

The Playboy

The Heartbreaker

I hvent finished the The Simply Series but there good aswell.

And Sealed with a Kiss is a good book too, but its not with a Series

Enjoy!!!!:smileyhappy:

"A feeling of uncertainty. The endless confusion. An unstoppable, most unhealty feeling that one should endure." Love
Frequent Contributor
Lindsey_Nicole
0 Kudos

Hi Lexa,

I just wanted to know if the Hex Hall Series is any good? 

Its one of those books that the cover catches your eye, but I wasnt sure if was any good or not. 

You know you can never judge a book by the cover!!!!!

Also, I love Lynsay Sands, I have read all her Argeneau Series, but I havent had a chance to pick up her Historical Series. What do you think of those?

Lindsey:smileyvery-happy:

"A feeling of uncertainty. The endless confusion. An unstoppable, most unhealty feeling that one should endure." Love
Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

I, too, enjoy Carly Phillips, and thanks to whoever first mentioned Kat Martin. I was not familiar with her work. I checked out Against the Wind  from the LIbrary and will now buy it and the other two Raines men's stories for my Nook Color. 

Contributor
Lady410
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading

Spying in High Heels (High Heels Series #1) 

There is a whole series for this and it hasn't started out too bad. 99 cents also helps the appeal. I've never read anything by Gemma Halliday but she seems to have a great way with words. Just as a heads up this is about 700 pages long.

Happy Reading

"Believe it all, Darling. And if it's not true, when I get to hell, I'll sort it out there."
-Heat Wave