Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824

Wicked Deeds on a Winters Night- by Kressley Cole

I switched back to Paranormal after a bookstore visit and paperback buying mini-spree. Now I will stop buying till after Christmas and just put books I want on my wish list.

I've loved all the Immortal series by KC so far and this one has me hooked enough that I am too tired today staying up too late reading last night. Bowen the Lykae and Mariketa the witch/fae are so unique. He actually is suppose to be forever in love with his "mate" who died and she may or may not have used her powers to "bespell" him into feeling she is his mate- although he hates witches and doesn't like her in particular.
Frequent Contributor
DianneRoq
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

becke_davis wrote:

DianneRoq wrote:
Fast Women.... Done.... Loved It....

Didn't you kind of get a kick out of her breaking, what was it, rule number three? Not normal romance genre behavior, but I thought it worked in this book.

The book was great, I liked best how Gabe broke that rule. Ha Men!! Loved it. Great book...
Frequent Contributor
DianneRoq
0 Kudos

Now onto my new book, "Charlie All Night." It was quite hard to get into it, I picked up the book 3 times and read the first few pages each time, i think this book take atleast the first 30 pages before you can get into it. I finally made it that far and now I am enjoying the book.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

The newer books are my favorites, but the old ones are worth reading, too. Now that Jennifer Crusie is getting a real following, they are starting to reissue some of her older books, too.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:
Just found a great new author - I LOVE it when that happens! The author is Melissa Nathan -- I just finished her book Persuading Annie and I'm going to run out later and look for anything else she has written. Highly recommended!

Just finished Waitress by this same author -- also very good. The Nanny is her most famous one, I guess -- haven't found that one yet. Have any of you read her first book?
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

I just found copies of Nora Roberts Circle Trilogy and am reading the first Morrigan's Cross. This is the first of any of her books that I have read.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Frequent Contributor
jason_t
0 Kudos

i just finished jacob. i really liked it, and cant wait to get through the rest of them. there was a part in the middle that kind of bugged me, but i cant say what because it will give away the main part of the story hahha.
----------------------------------------------------------
There are people who love you, Faith. Or who one day will. Even if you can't see them beside you, right here, right now, they're out there. But if you let the dark get into your eyes, you might never find them. So it's best to keep a little light with you, along the way.
-Harry Dresden
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Nelsmom wrote:
I just found copies of Nora Roberts Circle Trilogy and am reading the first Morrigan's Cross. This is the first of any of her books that I have read.

Toni

Let us know what you think of this series -- all the books are good but brace yourself for the third book.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I keep finding great authors that are new to me. Latest: Claire Cross. I picked up All or Nothing and read it last night. Really a good book featuring a topic that is all to familiar but rarely discussed in this genre. Apparently, as always, I've started in the middle of a series so now I get to enjoy discovering her old books and other characters, too.
Frequent Contributor
DianneRoq
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I finished reading Charlie All Night. It was a real cute book. I enjoyed it, it was fast to read, although i would pick the book up in segments.

Message Edited by DianneRoq on 11-08-2007 02:43 PM
Contributor
Linda322
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading "The Snake, the Crocodile and the Dog," an Amelia Peabody mystery by Elizabeth Peters. There currently are 18-20 in the series, starting about 1885 and running chronologically (more or less) through WWI. You don't have to read the first (Crocodile on the Sandbank) to know the back story, but it's a fun read and the book most closely identified in the "romance" category. You'll actually find them in the mystery section, but Amelia and her characters are a riot and worth knowing, whatever the genre!

Also, I've read every Amanda Quick novel I can get my hands on!
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

I just finished the Circle Trilogy and loved them. I had read the first of the Three Sisters Island books and really could not get into but with the Circle books I could not put them down. I hope I can find more like them.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Nelsmom wrote:
I just finished the Circle Trilogy and loved them. I had read the first of the Three Sisters Island books and really could not get into but with the Circle books I could not put them down. I hope I can find more like them.

Toni

If you liked the Circle Trilogy you will probably like Nora Roberts' Key Trilogy, too.

Do you like paranormal? You might like J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood or the vampire series by Kresley Cole or one of the other popular vampire series.
Frequent Contributor
rmancerdr87
0 Kudos

Right now I am reading the book called Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, it is the third one in her series and I absolutely love this series!!
- Jessica :smileyhappy:
New User
Delilah_Devlin
0 Kudos

After commenting on another thread about which book I consider my one favorite--I'm reading Linda Howard's MACKENZIE'S MOUNTAIN for the umpteenth time. *sigh*
Delilah Devlin
  • *A Red-Hot Read! "An amazing blend of storytelling smothered in carnal ferocity..."
  • *See what else is cookin'! Delilah Devlin's website
  • Frequent Contributor
    jason_t
    0 Kudos

Re: Wicked Deeds on a Winters Night- by Kressley Cole

i just read Halfway to the Grave, by Jeaniene Frost. it starts out kind of slow and redundant, but it gets really good really fast. i cant wait until the series continues.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    There are people who love you, Faith. Or who one day will. Even if you can't see them beside you, right here, right now, they're out there. But if you let the dark get into your eyes, you might never find them. So it's best to keep a little light with you, along the way.
    -Harry Dresden
    Frequent Contributor
    DianneRoq
    0 Kudos

What the Lady Wants by Jennifer Crusie. Interesting read to some extent. I like reading her books and all but i just don't understand why she is investigating into his death. I guess i won't understand until the end. Anyone read this book? Let me know what you think of it?
    Author
    MCastillo
    0 Kudos

I just reread The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James. I loved it so much that I interviewed her on my blog, Chica Lit (http://marycastillo.blogspot.com/). It's one of the best books of 2007!
    Mary Castillo
    If you switched lives with your best friend would you...
    Read Switchcraft at www.marycastillo.com!

Learn more about Switchcraft.
    Inspired Correspondent
    Bonnie824
    0 Kudos

The Paid Companion

I am reading (almost done) another older historical by Amanda Quick. For some reason I've been craving these historical's between my paranormals and contemporary stuff.

Next I'm planning to read the new Oprah pick- also an older book- The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet/t. I doubt it's a romance, but maybe there is some in it.
    becke_davis
    0 Kudos

Re: The Paid Companion

Bonnie824 wrote:
    I am reading (almost done) another older historical by Amanda Quick. For some reason I've been craving these historical's between my paranormals and contemporary stuff.

Next I'm planning to read the new Oprah pick- also an older book- The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet/t. I doubt it's a romance, but maybe there is some in it.

I don't remember if this has come up before, but isn't Amanda Quick a pen name for Jayne Ann Krentz? I know Jayne Castle is her pen name for paranormal genre books. Is this right?