Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

Re: The Paid Companion

becke_davis wrote:

Bonnie824 wrote:
I am reading (almost done) another older historical by Amanda Quick. For some reason I've been craving these historical's between my paranormals and contemporary stuff.

Next I'm planning to read the new Oprah pick- also an older book- The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet/t. I doubt it's a romance, but maybe there is some in it.

I don't remember if this has come up before, but isn't Amanda Quick a pen name for Jayne Ann Krentz? I know Jayne Castle is her pen name for paranormal genre books. Is this right?

Yes, Jayne Ann Krentz is her pen name for contemporary romance mystery type books.
Frequent Contributor
melaniejackson
0 Kudos

Northen Lights

Next up for me is Northern Lights by Nora Roberts-- haven't read anything by her in ages. The DH recommended it to me :-). I'll be jumping on it the moment I shove the last of the T-day guests out of the door....
www.melaniejackson.com
New User
DanaLi
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

If you like Jennifer Crusie then you should read Rachel Gibson. She has a great series about 4 writer friends. I just finished the latest one, Tangled Up In You. She is one of my favorites
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Northen Lights

melaniejackson wrote:
Next up for me is Northern Lights by Nora Roberts-- haven't read anything by her in ages. The DH recommended it to me :-). I'll be jumping on it the moment I shove the last of the T-day guests out of the door....

I liked that one a lot. I didn't really have any interest in Alaska (I grew up in Chicago, I've had enough cold weather to last me awhile) but I found the setting was a major part of the story. I think you'll like this.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

DanaLi wrote:
If you like Jennifer Crusie then you should read Rachel Gibson. She has a great series about 4 writer friends. I just finished the latest one, Tangled Up In You. She is one of my favorites

Also, there's a newer author named Lani Diane Rich who writes very much in the vein of Jennifer Crusie. She's written some chick lit, too. There's a tremendous amount of warmth and humor in her books.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

DanaLi wrote:

Also, there's a newer author named Lani Diane Rich who writes very much in the vein of Jennifer Crusie. She's written some chick lit, too. There's a tremendous amount of warmth and humor in her books.

She's great! I met her at a writer's conference recently. I'd never read her books but I've been working my way through the list since I got back. She read an excerpt from her upcoming book, too, and I'm definitely going to get that as soon as it comes out.
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

You might like J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood or the vampire series by Kresley Cole or one of the other popular vampire series.

This is a little off topic but has anyone been watching the new vampire series on TV, "Moonlight?" If so what do you think of it. Jo
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

rmancerdr87 wrote:
Right now I am reading the book called Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, it is the third one in her series and I absolutely love this series!!

I loved that series. I bought the first book on a whim because the cover caught my eye and when I read the jacket I thought the premise sounded interesting. I talked about Jamie & Claire to my family for months, just like they were old friends of ours! Jo
Frequent Contributor
DianneRoq
0 Kudos

Re: The Paid Companion

Alright so talk about alot of sexual scenes.... Lori Foster To Much Temptation. Packed with it. Great Book!!!!
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

That Lori Foster sure is STEAMY!

Today I started reading an advanced copy of a book coming out in March called BLACK SHIPS. It's historical fantasy, if I had to describe it I'd call it a Red Tent set after the fall of Troy. I'll let you all know how it is!
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

Stephanie Lauren's Devil's Bride

I have heard so many good things about her books- on here- I picked up 2 this morning at the library. Devil's Bride is the older one (1998) so I will read it first. I usually read paranormal, but I've been taking a break from it and enjoying reading and rereading some of my old favorite Amanda Quick's, so I hope this historical is good too.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: Stephanie Lauren's Devil's Bride

I don't think you can go wrong with the early Laurens books. I love them all.
New User
Softballnerd22
0 Kudos

I just found a book one day in the book store by Cecelia Ahern called If you could see me now and it was so good. After that I bought PS I love You ( which the movie is coming out in Dec) and I just got done with Love, Rosie. I am in college and since I have started reading her books all I want to do is find more books like hers. My friends said they are starting to miss me because all I do is read now.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Softballnerd22 wrote:
I just found a book one day in the book store by Cecelia Ahern called If you could see me now and it was so good. After that I bought PS I love You ( which the movie is coming out in Dec) and I just got done with Love, Rosie. I am in college and since I have started reading her books all I want to do is find more books like hers. My friends said they are starting to miss me because all I do is read now.

I love that feeling, the feeling of getting lost in reading. Do you think you'll see the PS I Love You movie?
Frequent Contributor
DianneRoq
0 Kudos

I just finished Manhunting. What a great book book, and now I'm onto another one of Lori Foster's books, Never to Much. I read to much temptation and it was great and real steamy, I hope this is jsut as good.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

DianneRoq wrote:
I just finished Manhunting.

Just in time for Jenny's visit to the board next week!
Reader 2
ebbielou
0 Kudos

I am reading Blood Brothers by Nora Roberts. I am not very far, but being a huge fan of NR, I have read everything she has written. I will cruise through it this weekend, for sure.
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

I am reading Eileen Wilks Lupi series

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

After a few week of craving historical romance, I'm back to a paranormal

The Scent of Shadows- the first Zodiac book by Vicki Petterson. I am not sure if it is even romance, but was noted on the Barnes and Noble order site as something I would like based on the other books I ordered (usually paranormal romance since they are the ones I often can't find in my library).

I am not far enough into it yet to say how I feel about it yet- but it does catch your interest from the first page.
New User
tchdhh
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I am reading Dockside by Susan Wiggs. It is the third book in her Lakeshore Chronicles series. I loved the first two! Anyone else read any of her books??? Table for Five was absolutely fantastic!!

Message Edited by tchdhh on 12-19-2007 02:48 PM