Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Frequent Contributor
DianneRoq
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎09-27-2007
0 Kudos

What BOOK are you reading now?

I am currently reading through a book called Echoes, by Robin Jones Gunn. So far its good, I have read 2 other books in the series which were real nice. This one isn't like my favorite reads, but it is such a refreshing book. It does quote the bible on some occasions, but it is still a great read.
This one particularly is about recovering from a broken engagement and meeting the man of your dreams through the internet. "Funny." After a year of emailing they meet and I don't know what happens because I haven't reach the end, but it sounds like she has a big decision to make. So far good book....
Frequent Contributor
DianneRoq
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎09-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

Alright so I finished the book Echoes. Not as great an ending as I imagined, but it was sweet.

On to my next book which becke says is one of her favs of Crusie,

Fast Women, I'll let you guys know how it goes, if you guys are reading anything new, let's talk about it. Ciao!!!
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?



DianneRoq wrote:
Alright so I finished the book Echoes. Not as great an ending as I imagined, but it was sweet.

On to my next book which becke says is one of her favs of Crusie,

Fast Women, I'll let you guys know how it goes, if you guys are reading anything new, let's talk about it. Ciao!!!


"Tell Me Lies" is another good one. And Faking It is great -- another favorite. There is a sort of sequel to it, Welcome to Temptation. Unless I've got the titles wrong, which is all too common with me.
Frequent Contributor
DianneRoq
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎09-27-2007

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?



becke_davis wrote:


DianneRoq wrote:
Alright so I finished the book Echoes. Not as great an ending as I imagined, but it was sweet.

On to my next book which becke says is one of her favs of Crusie,

Fast Women, I'll let you guys know how it goes, if you guys are reading anything new, let's talk about it. Ciao!!!


"Tell Me Lies" is another good one. And Faking It is great -- another favorite. There is a sort of sequel to it, Welcome to Temptation. Unless I've got the titles wrong, which is all too common with me.






Yea Tell Me Lies is what turned me into Jennifer Crusie. Welcome to Temptation and Faking It were just as good, Im dont with those.
Now I'm reading Fast Women, Im up to Chapter 3, So Far Real Good.
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
Posts: 951
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Mischief by Amanda Quick

I'm taking a little break from my usual favorite romantic genre- paranormal- and reading one of my old favorite authors- Amanda Quick. I enjoyed Second Sight so much I picked up Mischief. I love her quirky characters and her secondary ones. And how the men often fall instantly for the women and show it, despite their aloof type personalities.
Frequent Contributor
DianneRoq
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎09-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Mischief by Amanda Quick



Bonnie824 wrote:
I'm taking a little break from my usual favorite romantic genre- paranormal- and reading one of my old favorite authors- Amanda Quick. I enjoyed Second Sight so much I picked up Mischief. I love her quirky characters and her secondary ones. And how the men often fall instantly for the women and show it, despite their aloof type personalities.





Sounds like my kind of book. Thanks for the insight. I'm going to try to pick me up an Amanda Quick book.

Anyone you recommend from her for a first time reader of her book?

I'll let you know if i like it.
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Mischief by Amanda Quick



DianneRoq wrote:


Bonnie824 wrote:
I'm taking a little break from my usual favorite romantic genre- paranormal- and reading one of my old favorite authors- Amanda Quick. I enjoyed Second Sight so much I picked up Mischief. I love her quirky characters and her secondary ones. And how the men often fall instantly for the women and show it, despite their aloof type personalities.





Sounds like my kind of book. Thanks for the insight. I'm going to try to pick me up an Amanda Quick book.

Anyone you recommend from her for a first time reader of her book?

I'll let you know if i like it.




I have two of her books in my to-be-read pile, one of these days I'll get to them!
Frequent Contributor
DianneRoq
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎09-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Mischief by Amanda Quick

[ Edited ]

becke_davis wrote:


DianneRoq wrote:


Bonnie824 wrote:
I'm taking a little break from my usual favorite romantic genre- paranormal- and reading one of my old favorite authors- Amanda Quick. I enjoyed Second Sight so much I picked up Mischief. I love her quirky characters and her secondary ones. And how the men often fall instantly for the women and show it, despite their aloof type personalities.





Sounds like my kind of book. Thanks for the insight. I'm going to try to pick me up an Amanda Quick book.

Anyone you recommend from her for a first time reader of her book?

I'll let you know if i like it.




I have two of her books in my to-be-read pile, one of these days I'll get to them!





Becke... What books do you have in your pile by Amanda Quick?
I just looked her up she has a gazillion books..

Message Edited by DianneRoq on 11-01-2007 05:28 PM
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Mischief by Amanda Quick



DianneRoq wrote:

becke_davis wrote:


DianneRoq wrote:


Bonnie824 wrote:
I'm taking a little break from my usual favorite romantic genre- paranormal- and reading one of my old favorite authors- Amanda Quick. I enjoyed Second Sight so much I picked up Mischief. I love her quirky characters and her secondary ones. And how the men often fall instantly for the women and show it, despite their aloof type personalities.





Sounds like my kind of book. Thanks for the insight. I'm going to try to pick me up an Amanda Quick book.

Anyone you recommend from her for a first time reader of her book?

I'll let you know if i like it.




I have two of her books in my to-be-read pile, one of these days I'll get to them!





Becke... What books do you have in your pile by Amanda Quick?
I just looked her up she has a gazillion books..

Message Edited by DianneRoq on 11-01-2007 05:28 PM





The two I have are Second Sight and Wait Until Midnight. Any of you read either of these?
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
Posts: 951
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Recommendations

She writes historicals under Amanda Quick, contemporary (kind of mystery/suspense romance) under Jayne Ann Krentz, and paranormal under Jayne Castle. I have honestly liked them all (that I read) but can't remember specific ones I loved. There was one about a govorness/guardian to 3 teenagers who the heroine helped escape from horrible rich "lords" who were perverts I think that was especially good.
New User
LTBROWN
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎11-01-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

Time Will Reveal Part 2 [my own]. It's my first published copy and I am almost done with it. Then I am going to read, "A Caribbean Story of Love,Lust and Lies by Emilda A. "Sandra" Edwards. She is fellow author who joined my website last year. The Forward sounds so good. I do beleive it will be a page turner.
----------------------------------------
Telling a tale with Words is God's Gift to me for the way that I live,My books are a blessed Gift to the world, I give.-Black Coffee Time Will Reveal part 1 & 2 blackdollone.com
Frequent Contributor
jason_t
Posts: 60
Registered: ‎10-30-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

i just started Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank, the first book in the nightwalkers series. it seems pretty good so far, but im only about 60 or so pages in, so we'll see from there.
----------------------------------------------------------
There are people who love you, Faith. Or who one day will. Even if you can't see them beside you, right here, right now, they're out there. But if you let the dark get into your eyes, you might never find them. So it's best to keep a little light with you, along the way.
-Harry Dresden
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Recommendations



Bonnie824 wrote:
She writes historicals under Amanda Quick, contemporary (kind of mystery/suspense romance) under Jayne Ann Krentz, and paranormal under Jayne Castle. I have honestly liked them all (that I read) but can't remember specific ones I loved. There was one about a govorness/guardian to 3 teenagers who the heroine helped escape from horrible rich "lords" who were perverts I think that was especially good.




I think I've only read one Jayne Castle but it didn't thrill me. I do like Jayne Anne Krentz -- I like her more recent ones the best. Hers are what I called "comfort reads" -- not too exciting, but usually reliable and satisfying. I wouldn't call her one of my favorite authors, but I do buy her new books when they come out. She is good for those who like the heat, mystery, language, etc. at a relatively moderate level. Sometimes I'm in the mood for her books, and I do have some in my "save" pile, and I don't save a lot of author's books.
Frequent Contributor
DianneRoq
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎09-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

Alight so I am half through Fast Women, what is wrong with the stupid business cards. LOL... So far I'm enjoying very much this book, definately a book you can't put down.
Frequent Contributor
DianneRoq
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎09-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

Fast Women.... Done.... Loved It....
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?



DianneRoq wrote:
Fast Women.... Done.... Loved It....




Didn't you kind of get a kick out of her breaking, what was it, rule number three? Not normal romance genre behavior, but I thought it worked in this book.
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

I just finished Mad Dash by Patricia Gaffney. On the one hand, it was compelling enough that I lost sleep in order to finish it last night. On the other hand, there were things that frustrated me about it. I will definitely read more of her books, but, without spoiling this for others, I don't want to go into detail about the things that bothered me. Did anyone else read this one? What was your opinion about it?
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
Posts: 951
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?



jason_t wrote:
i just started Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank, the first book in the nightwalkers series. it seems pretty good so far, but im only about 60 or so pages in, so we'll see from there.




I liked Jacob but LOVED the next one- Gideon. I will get more of these as they come out.
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
Posts: 683
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?



DianneRoq wrote:
Alright so I finished the book Echoes. Not as great an ending as I imagined, but it was sweet.

On to my next book which becke says is one of her favs of Crusie,

Fast Women, I'll let you guys know how it goes, if you guys are reading anything new, let's talk about it. Ciao!!!


Fast Women was the first Cruisie book that I read and I loved it! Jo
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: What BOOK are you reading now?

Just found a great new author - I LOVE it when that happens! The author is Melissa Nathan -- I just finished her book Persuading Annie and I'm going to run out later and look for anything else she has written. Highly recommended!