Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Emee
0 Kudos

What's your favorite vampire romance?

Vampire romance novel's are very popular.....My favorite is the Queen Betsy Taylor series, I also like of course the Twilight series, and the Sarah Dearly series is really funny.  I was just wondering what evryone else's favorite vamp romance is....
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: What's your favorite vampire romance?

Lynsay Sands' series
New User
Kare-Bear246
0 Kudos

Twilight series is very good, but i am into a series now by Sherrilyn Kenyon called The Dark-Hunter series, i recommend reading it

~Not typical vampires, has a lot of mythology that runs with it, but has a bit of fighting in it too

If you read i recommend starting with the 2nd book(Night Pleasures), it tells you everything you need to know, the first is related but will leave you confused when you start the 2nd one

dhaupt
0 Kudos

No question my favorite vampire series is JR Ward's The Black Dagger Brotherhood
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:
No question my favorite vampire series is JR Ward's The Black Dagger Brotherhood
Me, too, followed by Kresley Cole's series.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I think my favorites are the Kerrelyn Sparks series and the Kresley Cole.
Correspondent
JalMor77
0 Kudos

Mine too.  I also liked Midnight Breed Series by Lara Adrian, very very close to BDB.

Jalana

We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh. - Agnes Repplier
0 Kudos

I am currently obsessed with Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters.  I have read all of them and can't wait for the next to come out (although I guess the next is Bad Moon Rising, which will be about the Were-Hunters).  I just pickd up Laurell K Hamilton today though, heard she is good Vampire Romance as well, even though she's located in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy isle.  I guess I'll find out soon huh?  : )
New User
bluemystic
0 Kudos

My favorite is Christine Feehan's Dark Series... Each book can stand on its own but I recommend starting with Dark Prince which is the first in the series. It's a great intro to the series and also to Christine's writing style.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

bluemystic wrote:
My favorite is Christine Feehan's Dark Series... Each book can stand on its own but I recommend starting with Dark Prince which is the first in the series. It's a great intro to the series and also to Christine's writing style.

Welcome to the board, bluemystic! You'll fit right in!
Inspired Contributor
jlrouse
0 Kudos

I'm an extremely big fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon's "Dark Hunter" series!  It's not all vampires, but it's awesome!! 
New User
Rennel_Lyon
0 Kudos

I just finished those! They are GREAT!! I can't wait for the next ones! I think they have become my favorite series!
New User
olikandy
0 Kudos

with out a second thought , defenetly the Twilight saga. its only the best twilight ovel in history... i'm not exagerating... well maybe a little but not the point... anyways i love the Night World too, and best of all it's not only about vampires (though they are the main ones according to me) but also warewolves (but i don't like the way they make warewolves seem) and witches (love them withes are so cool) and my favorite (though i don't know why 'cause they don't appear until the 3rd volume) shapeshifters (cool huh?) my friends recomend Vladimir Todd ( i think thats how you write it) they say its really good but i read a couple of chapters and got bored.

The point is twilight rocks (I LOVE EDWARD!!!!, and JACOB ...what?! according to Bella is possible to love them both haha)

New User
JadeMarie
0 Kudos

The only vamp romance i've read is the "Dark Realm" series by Delilah Devlin and i'm hooked!!!

Contributor
maykay299
0 Kudos

I'm, hooked on a few, my three favorite authors are, Amanda Ashley, Mary Janice Davidson, and Jennifer Armintrout. Amanda Ashley - I love the Night's series, and ofcorse w/ Mary Janice Davidson its gotta be the Undead series (been hooked since unwed) and all of the Blood Ties books from Jennifer Armintrout (can't wait until her new book comes out)...I wana get into the Twilight saga, but I want to see the movies first then read the book b/c I know how the movies are hardly like the books its irritating, this way I can fall in love with the movie and book :smileywink:
Inspired Contributor
jlrouse
0 Kudos

I'm on the last book in the "Sookie Stackhouse" series by Charlaine Harris right now.  This series has been really good...I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys vampire books.  I don't know if it's necessarily considered romance, but it's got enough sexual tension to keep you interested.  I'm about to start Kesley Cole's "Immortals After Dark" series.  I love paranormal romance!!
Contributor
maykay299
0 Kudos

I haven't gotten to read the "Sookie Stackhouse" series yet, but its on my list to read LOL, I'm watching the "True Blood" series and will probably get into the books soon. But I know that it would be a really good series. I can't wait
Contributor
TX-ParanormalLvr
0 Kudos

Sweet Scribe Virgin!!  Where to start?

J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood is by far at the top of my list (Vicious...***PURRRR***)...but are so many wonderful Vamp series out there like Brotherhood of Blood, Night Huntress Series, Darkyn Series, the Argeneau series as well as the Love at Stake series and *sigh* the Dark/Were/Dream Hunters....  *yum yum yum*

so where can I really begin to tell you where my loyalty lies when there are so many delectible vamps to chose from...

~*~*~ Fangs for the memories of howling at the moon ~*~*~
New User
Jenny_1979
0 Kudos

I really liked the Glory St. Clair Series by Gerry Bartlett.  It was a great series and I never really hear anyone mention it.  The series was fun and light-hearted, yet still had sex appeal and suspense.  I highly recommend it!  I also love the Betsy Taylor Series by Mary Janice Davidson...she writes great characters!  The Sookie Stackhouse series is very engrossing and impossible to put down!  I can't wait for the next one!  I am just finishing up the Lil Marchette Series by Kimberly Raye.  I really like the series and recommend it to anyone who enjoys this genre.  While I love the Twilight Series, it like my stories and characters to be a bit grittier and rough around the edges. 
New User
LKayyB
0 Kudos

Best Vampire romance has to be Black Dagger Brotherhood and Dark-Hunter series.  I just started the Midnight Breed series and it is really good to.  Kind of like the Brotherhood series.