Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray

Re: What's your favorite vampire romance?

LKayyB wrote:
Best Vampire romance has to be Black Dagger Brotherhood and Dark-Hunter series.  I just started the Midnight Breed series and it is really good to.  Kind of like the Brotherhood series.

Welcome to the board, LKayyB! You'll find lots of fellow paranormal lovers here!

New User
-hellokitty
0 Kudos

I think I just gave someone a laurel...on accident.  I don't know if that's a bad or good thing...but whatever. Heh :smileyvery-happy:

In response to the thread, J.R. Ward's The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series has to be my favorite vamp romance series.  I'm quite sure a bunch of other people have mentioned that, but I just had to put my two cents. (;

Contributor
Furschee
0 Kudos

my fave vampire romance is twilight

the stories were really interesting i just finished the series today

stephenie meyer is a really good author

Contributor
Nika_Dixon
0 Kudos

I'm completely addicted to the Dark Hunter series, as well as Anita Blake.  There's just something about the bad-boy vamp that does it for me!

- Nika

www.nikadixon.com

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Nika_Dixon wrote:

I'm completely addicted to the Dark Hunter series, as well as Anita Blake.  There's just something about the bad-boy vamp that does it for me!

Welcome, Nika. You're going to make a lot of friends here, considering the books you like!
Contributor
Nika_Dixon
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Welcome, Nika. You're going to make a lot of friends here, considering the books you like!

Thanks Melanie!

I have a feeling I'm going to be spending TOO much time on these boards....:smileytongue:  My "to read" list is super long.  Good thing I have 2 weeks at the cottage this summer to catch up on all those books on my shelf and the eBooks on my laptop!

Bring on the bad-boy vampires. :smileyhappy:

- Nika

New User
Mstrdseed
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series is hands down my favorite.  The first 2 or 3 books are a little slow, but once ya get some action (romance... whatever), its hard to put down.

I also didn't get any sleep while reading the Sookie Sackhouse series (I would highly recomend reading the books before watching TruBlood on HBO), the House of Night series, Twilight (of course), the Night World series, and the Midnight Breed (Lara Adrian) series.

I just read the first 2 Argeneau Vampire Series books by Lynsay Sands- then ordered the rest of the series.  This might come in as second place.  Theres some hot luvin' scenes and a couple of scenes that I was bursting out laughing.

I'm gonna read the J.R. Ward books next I think.... :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by Melanie_Murray on 07-18-2009 10:53 PM
Inspired Contributor
jlrouse
0 Kudos

LKayyB wrote:
Best Vampire romance has to be Black Dagger Brotherhood and Dark-Hunter series.  I just started the Midnight Breed series and it is really good to.  Kind of like the Brotherhood series.

I'm on the last BDB book right now and I totally have to agree with you!  The Black Dagger Brotherhood series (I love Rhage!) and the Dark-Hunter (Acheron is one of my favorite characters of all time!) series are some of the best series I have read so far.  I love the flaws of the characters in both series.  They're a little more hard-edged and all the more interesting for it.  I'd highly recommend either series to anyone who enjoys a good paranormal romance where the guy gets his girl, but isn't into all that happily ever after, the world is peaches and cream stuff :smileywink:

Jamie

Contributor
misslorraine
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yeah, this is my first post :-)

I just read the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series. I loved the first 5 books, especially Eternal Lover.. Rhage cracks me up. I skimmed the 6th book but Ward is changing her writing technique and I didn't really like the book. But I'm going to try and change my mind set so I can sit and actually read the 6th book. I loved the Twilight Saga and I'm just about to start reading the 2nd book in the Breed series by Lara Adrian. I loved books 1-5 of BDB. Does anyone have suggestions on good Vampire romance reads? I'm looking for an enthralling series like the first few books of BDB...?

Message Edited by misslorraine on 08-10-2009 02:34 PM
Correspondent
JalMor77

misslorraine wrote:

Does anyone have suggestions on good Vampire romance reads? I'm looking for an enthralling series like the first few books of BDB...?

Message Edited by misslorraine on 08-10-2009 02:34 PM

I'm currently reading Kathryn Smith's Brotherhood of the Blood series and it's pretty good.  I'll be honest, the first book was okay, but it just didn't grab me, but after that they got pretty good.  Becke just posted the links and covers to all her books in the What are you reading now thread.

Also, if you haven't read it, Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series is excellent.  It was vampires, demons, werewolves, fae, etc.  It is a must read series.

Jalana

A Hunger like No Other (Immortals after Dark Series #1) 

No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals after Dark Series #2)  Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals after Dark Series #3)  Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals after Dark Series #4)  Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals after Dark Series #5)  Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark Series #6)  

We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh. - Agnes Repplier
0 Kudos

I haven't read many paranormals, but I did just finish Dead Sexy by Amanda Ashley.  The vamp in this book is hot, hot, hot!!!  I loved it!!!  I plan to check out her other books too.  I've read the Dark Series by Brenda Joyce.  Yum!!!  I'm new to the boards, so I've been reading a lot of recommendations by everyone.  It's very helpful.  I've gotten some great titles to check out.   Jalana your list sounds outstanding!  I've now got a TBR list longer than my arm!!!

Thanks y'all !!!

Gwen

Contributor
maykay299
0 Kudos

I love Amanday Ashley's books, I havnt read one that I don't love. Dead Sexy was a great book, and her Night series are really good too. Her new book is comming out in Oct and I cant wait