Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Deliciouskiss2u
0 Kudos

Who is your fav Demon, Vamp or Werewolf and from what book?

Hey hey fellow books readers-

I was just bored trying to think of a new topic lol and it was hard to come up with something, so I just recently read a lot of paranormal romances and most of them had a Vampire or Demon as the leading man. So i decided we could talk about who your fav leading one is and from what book or series it came from... Plus I might have a few books that you might mention that I could pick up as well... Hahaha..

I really enjoyed Kresley Coles book with Cadeon Woede he was a very sexy Rage Demon lol and too bad none of them are around wouldn't mind keeping one in my room ....His book was called Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals after Dark Series #5) 

so does anyone else have any favorites paranormal studs ...
TEAM EDWARD!!!!!"hell's not so bad if you get to keep an angel with you."- Edward Cullen

Alicia Maria
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Re: Who is your fav Demon, Vamp or Werewolf and from what book?

Great subject because I too am reading a lot of paranormal books.  I think that my favorite hero/ heroine are Conlan/Riley from Alyssa Day's The Warriors of Poseidon.  They were the main couple in the first book of the series Atlantis Rising.  It had Vampires, Shapeshifters too.  But it was the Atlantian's that hit the mark.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Frequent Contributor
Deliciouskiss2u
0 Kudos

Nelsmom wrote:
Great subject because I too am reading a lot of paranormal books.  I think that my favorite hero/ heroine are Conlan/Riley from Alyssa Day's The Warriors of Poseidon.  They were the main couple in the first book of the series Atlantis Rising.  It had Vampires, Shapeshifters too.  But it was the Atlantian's that hit the mark.

Toni

so Atlantis Rising series mmm I have actually never heard of the series i will have to look into it... I dont know whats up with me always reading the paranormal now.... I'm hooked lol  
TEAM EDWARD!!!!!"hell's not so bad if you get to keep an angel with you."- Edward Cullen

Alicia Maria
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Alicia,

The series is The Warriors Of Poseidon with the books being Atlantis Rising. Then a novella in Wild Thing then Atlantis Awakening. Then a novella in Shifter. And next month the third full book comes out called Atlantis Unleashed.  Hope you enjoy.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Oh, I've met Alyssa Day -- she's really nice!  She does write great heroes -- did you read her story in Shifter?  Maybe she'll come visit us at this board.  Are there other Alyssa Day/Alesia Holliday fans with us?
Frequent Contributor
Deliciouskiss2u
0 Kudos

Can you believe that i went to the book store today and they did not have one book on the shelf by alyssa day??? It was crazy they were like you will have to order her books!!!!!

Alicia Maria
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Except for Wild Thing I lucked out and found my books in the used bookstore.  But if I don't want to wait six months to a year to get her new one I will have to order Atlantis Unleashed next month.  My book budget for this month is shot.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm finding that a lot.  It seems to depend if the book buyer for that particular store is into romance or not.  The ones who aren't stock plenty of the best sellers but not many of the up-and-comers.
Frequent Contributor
Ma-Petite
0 Kudos

Deliciouskiss2u wrote:
Hey hey fellow books readers-
I was just bored trying to think of a new topic lol and it was hard to come up with something, so I just recently read a lot of paranormal romances and most of them had a Vampire or Demon as the leading man. So i decided we could talk about who your fav leading one is and from what book or series it came from... Plus I might have a few books that you might mention that I could pick up as well... Hahaha..
I really enjoyed Kresley Coles book with Cadeon Woede he was a very sexy Rage Demon lol and too bad none of them are around wouldn't mind keeping one in my room ....His book was called Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals after Dark Series #5) 
so does anyone else have any favorites paranormal studs ...

Wow great question I have a few

Maddox( Demon of Violence) from Darkest Night( Lords of the Underworld series) by Gena Showalter

Lucan( Vampire with the deadly touch) from Dark Needs( Darkyn series) by Lynn Viehl

Bones( Vampire that's just sexy) from Halfway to the Grave( Night Huntress series) by Jeaniene Frost

Lucian Argeneau( Vampire) from Bite Me If You Can( Argeneau series) by Lynsay Sands

Frequent Contributor
TwilightFreak
0 Kudos

I have read the first three books of the Twilight Saga series and because of that my new favorite vampire is defintiley Edward Cullen!!!

It used to be Dracula but edward tool his spot!

Landon: [voiceover] "Jamie saved my life. She taught me everything. About life, hope and the long journey ahead. I'll always miss her. But our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it. "

A walk to remember
New User
spunkiemunkie
0 Kudos

Wow, can it only be one? I read too many books with way too many hot vamps, wereanimals and demonic creatures inthem. heh.

Jean Claude and Asher (kind of come together) from Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton...lets just say any of the guys from her books are...scrumptiously hot? Lol. Thats putting it lightly though. If you haven't read her books you are SO missing out. Check out her Merry Series too...Frost will melt you. xD

Lets see...Hope is a chaos demon in Personal Demon by Kelley Armstrong, she's pretty hot.

Quinn the vampire from Keri Arthurs Riley Jenson books is hot in a different way.
Everyone is in love with Edward from the twilight series but i'd like me a piece of Jacob. =P

when I think of hot anythings I automatically go to Laurell K Hailtons characters. I wouldn't do any of them justice if I tried to tell you why. But if you're curious I can deffinitely try.

Frequent Contributor
Deliciouskiss2u
0 Kudos

WOW I cant believe i forgot about Edward Cullen hahaha... hes so dreamy and at first i totally didnt like Jacob but hes a wolf i wouldnt mind having around lol hes so i dont even know hes just great... Wish i was bella hahaha

Alicia Maria
Contributor
texascutiehb
0 Kudos

My Favorite would have to be any character in the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton, then the new character in C. L. Wilsons new series. I would love read some new ones so if anyone has any recomendations thats would be great.

Heather
"Lose yourself in a new book"
New User
intern1989
0 Kudos

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that New York Times and USA Today Best-Selling Author L.A. Banks is coming out with a new book!!

Undead on Arrival (The next book in her crimson moon series) is being released March 31, 2009!

And to all the Vampire Huntress Legends fans, don't worry. L.A. Banks will be release the next book in the series this summer!

The Vampire Huntress Legends: Dawn and Darkness comes out September 1, 2009.

For more information on L.A. Banks, check out my blog!

http://intern1989.wordpress.com/

Contributor
Emee
0 Kudos

My favorites are...

Eric Sinclair(vampire) from the undead series by mary janice davidson

Thierry de Bennicoeur (vampire) from bitten and smitten by michelle rowen(i have a thing for depressed,lonely vampires

Etienne Argeneau (vampire) from love bites by lynsay sands

Nathaniel (Demon) from Angel with Attitude by michelle rowen

New User
alexandralamoi
0 Kudos

Edward Cullen all the way!!!!!

Go team Edward!!!!!!!!!

Reader 2
ArtemisSun

I have read my share and only two of the very, very many.

Lestat de Lioncourt - Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles.

Eric Northman - Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire Series.

Ah, yes.

Which brings me toI need another vampire series to start readingSomething adult with biteAny suggestionsThe local library here is having their quarterly book saleI can rack-up on the paperbacks for 50 cents eachTIA!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

ArtemisSun wrote:

I have read my share and only two of the very, very many.

Lestat de Lioncourt - Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles.

Eric Northman - Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire Series.

Ah, yes.

Which brings me toI need another vampire series to start readingSomething adult with biteAny suggestionsThe local library here is having their quarterly book saleI can rack-up on the paperbacks for 50 cents eachTIA!

Welcome, ArtemisSun!

There are many vampire books recommended on these boards: here and here and here.

Contributor
TX-ParanormalLvr
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

*rubs hands together* Okay...here we go!

Fav Werewolf - female - Riley Jenson from the Riley Jenson Guardian series -- male - Tom Fenris from the Tales of an Urban Werewolf series

Fav Vamp...hm... so many to chose from... Vicious AKA V from BDB & Bones from Night Huntress are neck and neck but i definately have quite a few i wouldnt mind sinking my fangs into... oh and we cant forget that sexy viking vamp fromt he stackhouse series...Eric Northman

Fav Demon - definately Wraith - Seminus Demon from the Demonica series...oh!  and Rule from The Others series...oh yeah and then there are those seeeeexxxxy Demons from the Nightwalker series...

ok ok ok...let me stop before i end up going through my whole book collection and get started from that sexy vamp Dev from the Vampire Psychologist series

Message Edited by TX-ParanormalLvr on 06-12-2009 09:25 PM
~*~*~ Fangs for the memories of howling at the moon ~*~*~
Contributor
TX-ParanormalLvr
0 Kudos

intern1989 wrote:

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that New York Times and USA Today Best-Selling Author L.A. Banks is coming out with a new book!!

Undead on Arrival (The next book in her crimson moon series) is being released March 31, 2009!

And to all the Vampire Huntress Legends fans, don't worry. L.A. Banks will be release the next book in the series this summer!

The Vampire Huntress Legends: Dawn and Darkness comes out September 1, 2009.

For more information on L.A. Banks, check out my blog!

http://intern1989.wordpress.com/

ooooohhhhh CARLOS!!!!  YUUUUMMMMMY!  I didnt know she was going to keep going with the Vampire Huntress series after The Thirtheen!  Thanks for this awesome post!
~*~*~ Fangs for the memories of howling at the moon ~*~*~